2nd showing of Fantasmic bad "show"

FerretAfros

And I know it's hard to fathom, but to the best of my knowledge Disneyland still has a jazz band perform before the first Fantasmic. I'm sure that's not cheap.
Nope, DL cut the jazz band when World of Color opened, presumably to staff the Carnival of Color preshow. The WOC preshow only lasted through the first summer and was quickly retired; none of DL's big shows now have a pre-show

Subsequently, the Carnival of Color light-up puppets have appeared all over the place in the last few years, including at the premiere of DLP's Disney Dreams show and various runDisney events at DL and WDW. For a show that only lasted a few months, it's left a surprising impact

COProgressFan

Nope, DL cut the jazz band when World of Color opened, presumably to staff the Carnival of Color preshow. The WOC preshow only lasted through the first summer and was quickly retired; none of DL's big shows now have a pre-show

Subsequently, the Carnival of Color light-up puppets have appeared all over the place in the last few years, including at the premiere of DLP's Disney Dreams show and various runDisney events at DL and WDW. For a show that only lasted a few months, it's left a surprising impact

Shame those cuts hit the west coast too. The jazz band had been a nice touch. When you have thousands of guests waiting for a show for an hour, I think it's only polite to give them some light entertainment. I guess maybe everyone is supposed to pass the time on their iphones though, making their plans for the next day on the MDE app. :rolleyes:

mikeymouse

Last nights show was different for me. Not sure if they were mistakes or changes. Wicked queen from Snow White had no cauldron. I could see her change into the old hag, but there was a wardrobe malfunction. Her face area was just a gray wig and the collar was still up from the queen side of the costume. You could also still see her queen outfit underneath. Never saw the hag mask. The CM kept trying to fix it as she acted. No fire on the water on the far left (Scar) side.

Tadifer

Last nights show was different for me. Not sure if they were mistakes or changes. Wicked queen from Snow White had no cauldron. I could see her change into the old hag, but there was a wardrobe malfunction. Her face area was just a gray wig and the collar was still up from the queen side of the costume. You could also still see her queen outfit underneath. Never saw the hag mask. The CM kept trying to fix it as she acted. No fire on the water on the far left (Scar) side.

What you saw was a contingency plan. For every performance, the Queen has the gray wig under her hood. If, for whatever reason, the performer playing the Hag is not there, the Queen herself plays the Hag. During the normal change, she pulls her hood down to reveal the wig and performs both parts. Simply just a backup plan :)

Cesar R M

What you saw was a contingency plan. For every performance, the Queen has the gray wig under her hood. If, for whatever reason, the performer playing the Hag is not there, the Queen herself plays the Hag. During the normal change, she pulls her hood down to reveal the wig and performs both parts. Simply just a backup plan :)
seems they're either in need of trained CMs, or someone is making a lot of mistakes..

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Was anyone at Fant! last night? Apparently there was no Beast, and I'm curious what the contingency is for the princess barges in such a situation.

aka_emilicious

Just saw the show tonight. Everything was in working order and it was probably the best I've ever seen it.

I noticed two mishaps during tonight's show: the backstage curtain (for lack of a better term) on the right hand side was open in the beginning and one of the canoes got stuck when heading off stage. Looks like they cut in too soon.

I would bet most of the audience saw a fantastic show, but I love watching the goings on of a production and tend to notice these things :)

Tinkrbell

Was anyone at Fant! last night? Apparently there was no Beast, and I'm curious what the contingency is for the princess barges in such a situation.

If beast (or Eric, or snow prince, or one of the princesses) were missing, that barge wouldn't go out. They would still be on the steamboat at the end though. (The beauty & the beast barge didn't go out that night, but belle was still on the steamboat at the end of the show)

Disneyson

Tonight's 10:30 F! was spot-on (Good Mickey & Snake) though there was an issue with John Smith's zipline, though it all worked fine in the end. Also, there were not so many characters on the boat as I remember.

Also, how recent did the princess barges get the LED upgrades? They looked beautiful tonight.

Tinkrbell

Tonight's 10:30 F! was spot-on (Good Mickey & Snake) though there was an issue with John Smith's zipline, though it all worked fine in the end. Also, there were not so many characters on the boat as I remember.

Also, how recent did the princess barges get the LED upgrades? They looked beautiful tonight.
The barges got new lights last fall, right before the show's 15th anniversary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom