Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Jrb1979

China? Wow. If TWDC was to move its headquarters, Why not Florida? It least it’s still on the US.

Moving to China, that’s both scary and funny.

DLR is closed because of China and they are rewarded by becoming the headquarters of TWDC?

Walt would be spinning in his grave if he had one....

Besides, TWDC will remain in CA. It’s just the progressive thing to do.

In another year or so, DLR will be open and mobbed as ever and COVID will be just a bad memory for those who survive it...
Can we stop with the narrative that it's the China virus.

Jrb1979

My experiences at City walk and Disney Springs are accurate. Issues happened at City walk where private security beat up unruly guests to restore law and order. That would not happen so far at Disney Springs. Your feedback is flawed.
I've been to CityWalk many times and have never seen any problems. I will say I do prefer the restaurants at CityWalk more then Disney Springs.

LSLS

My experiences at City walk and Disney Springs are accurate. Issues happened at City walk where private security beat up unruly guests to restore law and order. That would not happen so far at Disney Springs. Your feedback is flawed.

Hang on, did you just say that your experiences makes what you said true? Like, your anecdotal evidence is all the evidence needed? I mean, I don't really know City Walk as I haven't been there in like 10 years (thanks entirely to parking fees, take note Disney Springs), but if your body of evidence on Citywalk being bad is based on your experience (while ignoring the geography that was pointed out about the area), yikes.

Jrb1979

Hang on, did you just say that your experiences makes what you said true? Like, your anecdotal evidence is all the evidence needed? I mean, I don't really know City Walk as I haven't been there in like 10 years (thanks entirely to parking fees, take note Disney Springs), but if your body of evidence on Citywalk being bad is based on your experience (while ignoring the geography that was pointed out about the area), yikes.
After 6 you can park for free to go to CityWalk

JoeCamel

Parking is free after 6 except on event nights.....

HongKongFooy

Parking is free after 6 except on event nights.....

Exactly..........it's good that you expanded on the parking.

And if I were a head decision maker for one of the many tenants at City Walk I'd do everything possible to negotiate, renegotiate, rally fellow tenants to challenge those parking fees since those fees directly impact the amount of foot traffic to my store.

Free parking should be after 3pm since few sane people would start their $150 day at the parks after that time. Maybe even 2pm is appropriate.

el_super

China? Wow. If TWDC was to move its headquarters, Why not Florida? It least it’s still on the US.

Florida is a nice place to visit, but let's be honest: it still lacks the culture of a major global metropolitan city like Los Angeles, New York or Shanghai. If you want to see cutting edge theater, or try the offerings from the hotest new celebrity chef, you need to be located in a high culture city.

DLR is closed because of China and they are rewarded by becoming the headquarters of TWDC?

Disneyland is closed due to a public health crisis that os being horribly mismanaged at a national level. Other countries, including China, were able to figure out how to control it better than we did.

Disney has a lot of their suppliers and manufacturing based in China, so moving more of the design process there would definitely speed things up. Admittedly they would probably outsource their call centers somewhere else.

Besides, TWDC will remain in CA. It’s just the progressive thing to do.

Exactly. That's why these seem to just be weird politically motivated fantasies. The politics of California are dictated by people... The very same people that make up companies like Disney. California is the way it is, due in part to Disney, so leaving makes no sense politically.

Economically though, there are cheaper and more strategic places than Texas (or elsewhere in the US).

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry, is California doing any better with COVID numbers than Florida? And are the Florida theme parks causing massive outbreaks?
There is a difference between Disneyland and WDW. The biggest being that Disneyland is primarily a local location and WDW is a universal location. You cannot even begin to know if WDW is not a hot spot because the visitors there have had the opportunity to make many contacts before they ever entered the park, so proving that WDW was where the connection came is impossible. Disneyland is closed because the pandemic is not getting any better, it is getting worse and the sooner you guys pull your collective heads out of your butts the quicker we can get rid of this thing. Until then, if you are not part of the solution than you, by god, are part of the problem.

JoeCamel

Exactly..........it's good that you expanded on the parking.

And if I were a head decision maker for one of the many tenants at City Walk I'd do everything possible to negotiate, renegotiate, rally fellow tenants to challenge those parking fees since those fees directly impact the amount of foot traffic to my store.

Free parking should be after 3pm since few sane people would start their $150 day at the parks after that time. Maybe even 2pm is appropriate.
The timing was to limit APs with the after 4 express but now that they include parking with most APs that no longer applies so much. I don't think people clear out until the rain comes so maybe 5 but 3 is too early most days.

HongKongFooy

Florida is a nice place to visit, but let's be honest: it still lacks the culture of a major global metropolitan city like Los Angeles, New York or Shanghai.

Miami holds it own as an internationally known uniquely culturally laden city.

Agreed that it's not anywhere near the big 6: London, Paris, Tokyo, New York, Hong Kong and Bangkok.......nor in the next tier of spots like Rio, San Fran, LA, Rome, Shanghai ect....but in the 3rd tier with places like New Orleans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom