Politics 28000 Layoffs coming to Disney's domestic theme parks - statement from Josh D'Amaro

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

JoeCamel

Miami holds it own as an internationally known uniquely culturally laden city.

Agreed that it's not anywhere near the big 6: London, Paris, Tokyo, New York, Hong Kong and Bangkok.......nor in the next tier of spots like Rio, San Fran, LA, Rome, Shanghai ect....but in the 3rd tier with places like New Orleans.
I wouldn't call it culture but the pretty people from those cities hang out in Miami to get away from those places.

Lilofan

......even with its famous architecture and uniquely adapted Caribbean music, dance and culinary???

Kc and the Sunshine band and Vanilla Ice disagree.
Pitbull is loud and proud to come from the 305 ( area code for Miami ). It is odd that vibrant Miami bans the actual breed within the city limits.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Pitbull is loud and proud to come from the 305 ( area code for Miami ). It is odd that vibrant Miami bans the actual breed within the city limits.

"Form" is a better term, there is a large talent pool in Miami with some direction and collaboration the magic happens.

Chef Mickey

I'll be damned and here I thought that Covid was doing a lot of Damage to Disney. But, hell yea... California what's the deal with trying to keep your citizens alive. You evil state you! You know that the only reason for anybody being alive is to generate revenue no matter what the cost in human life.
Haha, OK. Let’s ignore all the success of opening parks around the world and the fact California’s COVID numbers are still trash despite taking away peoples’ liberty and destroying their lives.

You know it is possible to deal with a bad situation without making it worse, which is absolutely what California is doing.

But keep the fake “save every life” front up forever. Society has never worked that way and every decision has consequences. Case in point, California.

Nah, let’s close them forever! People could die flying to California! More lives saved if you close permanently!

Let’s ALL stay home, doing nothing, and let the government send us checks every month too. Wait, how will the government send money if no one is working? Ah, economics are too hard!

Chef Mickey

Like Disneyland Paris? And Disneyland Hong Kong?
Disneyland never even attempted to open and the closures of those parks have been recent and NOT a result of their operations. WDW has remained open and provided means to work for thousands.

Anything can be closed. It’s how do you manage a bad situation while not screwing people that are healthy and need to work

California is doing everything poorly. Their COVID numbers are trash and they are locking down more than others.

el_super

Haha, OK. Let’s ignore all the success of opening parks around the world and the fact California’s COVID numbers are still trash despite taking away peoples’ liberty and destroying their lives.

Californias numbers are bad right now, but still fewer deaths per person than Florida.

You know it is possible to deal with a bad situation without making it worse, which is absolutely what California is doing.

I disagree.

Let’s ALL stay home, doing nothing, and let the government send us checks every month too. Wait, how will the government send money if no one is working? Ah, economics are too hard!

Most of California's economy is running. Bowling alleys and theme parks are not where we make our money.

How is Florida's economy doing? Thing must be all sunshine down there. Aside from all the people who have died.

Chef Mickey

Californias numbers are bad right now, but still fewer deaths per person than Florida.

I disagree.

Most of California's economy is running. Bowling alleys and theme parks are not where we make our money.

How is Florida's economy doing? Thing must be all sunshine down there. Aside from all the people who have died.
Why are California’s numbers bad at all? Lockdowns aren’t working then? Florida’s population is the oldest or second oldest in America, which is the group impacted by this disease. They had a lot of people die early on, so it depends on time period you’re referencing.

There is no getting around screwing people out of working for a living for extended times, particularly when lockdowns are proving ineffective Over and over.

Dont care about the bar, restaurant, bowling alley, and theme park people?

TrainsOfDisney

Guess you didn’t go to San Francisco? California‘s housing, homeless, and crime problems are very serious.
Are you kidding me? What kind of Disney fan do you take me for? Of course I’ve been to the Disney Famiy Museum! Home of the Lilly Belle Steam Locomotive!! :)

Cable Cars, Hostoric trolleys, sea lions in the harbor... one of the best cities on earth in my opinion.

What’s wrong with it again? Ha.

Jrb1979

Why are California’s numbers bad at all? Lockdowns aren’t working then? Florida’s population is the oldest or second oldest in America, which is the group impacted by this disease. They had a lot of people die early on, so it depends on time period you’re referencing.

There is no getting around screwing people out of working for a living for extended times, particularly when lockdowns are proving ineffective Over and over.

Dont care about the bar, restaurant, bowling alley, and theme park people?
Lockdowns do work. The problem has been all along is too many people don't care about others. All they asked us to do is wear a mask, do social distancing and avoid non essential travel. If you want to blame anything blame people for being people.

Lilofan

Are you kidding me? What kind of Disney fan do you take me for? Of course I’ve been to the Disney Famiy Museum! Home of the Lilly Belle Steam Locomotive!! :)

Cable Cars, Hostoric trolleys, sea lions in the harbor... one of the best cities on earth in my opinion.

What’s wrong with it again? Ha.
I actually like the Alcatraz day and also the night tour. The night tour is beyond creepy to say the least. One the coldest days I experienced in a while was a summer day in San Francisco.

el_super

Why are California’s numbers bad at all? Lockdowns aren’t working then?

Since the summer, several portions of the lockdowns have been lifted, including allowing children to return to school and businesses to reopen. That's how you can tell the lockdowns worked, because once they were relaxed, cases started going up again.

Since Disney laid off more people in Florida than California how is that being open working out for them? Not very well then?

Those Disneyland CMs on furlough since March, can find other work in an area that isn't solely dependent on tourism for money. Is the same true for Orlando?

It's far easier and cheaper to provide assistance to people in the hospitality industry that are struggling, than it will be to bail out hospitals and replace burned out health care workers.

Chef Mickey

Since the summer, several portions of the lockdowns have been lifted, including allowing children to return to school and businesses to reopen. That's how you can tell the lockdowns worked, because once they were relaxed, cases started going up again.

Since Disney laid off more people in Florida than California how is that being open working out for them? Not very well then?

Those Disneyland CMs on furlough since March, can find other work in an area that isn't solely dependent on tourism for money. Is the same true for Orlando?

It's far easier and cheaper to provide assistance to people in the hospitality industry that are struggling, than it will be to bail out hospitals and replace burned out health care workers.
Good...now raise the rest of the lockdowns and you'll be living in reality. WDW is a MASSIVE operation and they are unfortunately unable to run at capacity. You know this. There is no comparison and it's a RIDICULOUS argument to say "well WDW has laid of more people, so opening was..." what, bad?

Healthcare workers have jobs like everyone else. If they have more to do, they'll fill more positions.

You have no solution. You'll lockdown until when exactly? We have to start the process of opening, just like WDW did. It doesn't go from 0-100 overnight, but you have to start somewhere. California is just gatekeeping and the costs are real, perhaps not as easy to track as the 2 numbers everyone watches daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom