20k original replacements

Figment571

If they build a mini villain themed area how about featuring Dethklok from Metalacolypse.:lol: jk

But seriously folks. Only time will tell if either of the magnifecent ideas come to frution.

POOHKILLEDTOAD

Yes there are other plans in the works.

and POOHKILLEDTOAD what about the blue menace? :lookaroun

It's already been Stitch Kingdom.

Unfortunately for Toad fans, Pooh just generates more enthusiasm and goodwill (not to mention money) than Toad.

Don't take it too personally.:lol:

oh I don't take it personally at all. In fact alot of it is in partial jest. There is absolutely NO question pooh brings the dough. the sad thing is that if you ask kids nowadays, they've never heard of The wind in the Willows.

as far as Stitch is concerned, I like him. I think he's a unique charecter.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
oh I don't take it personally at all. In fact alot of it is in partial jest. There is absolutely NO question pooh brings the dough. the sad thing is that if you ask kids nowadays, they've never heard of The wind in the Willows.
as far as Stitch is concerned, I like him. I think he's a unique charecter.

Just playing with you on that part.:wave:

As they say "Money talks"

I know - and that's a shame!

I remember when I first got the book, I was a little intimated at the size of the book.

SOLISIMO

I know this is an old post but I recently had lunch with an imagineer and someone asked about the old 20k ride and if they were ever going to bring it back, he simply smile and said he could not comment on that. Later on during the lunch someone asked a question about what replaced the ride (the playground) and he said that was designed to be easily removed for a future attraction:eek:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know this is an old post but I recently had lunch with an imagineer and someone asked about the old 20k ride and if they were ever going to bring it back, he simply smile and said he could not comment on that. Later on during the lunch someone asked a question about what replaced the ride (the playground) and he said that was designed to be easily removed for a future attraction:eek:

Yeah, but we all know about those easily removed placeholder attractions. :rolleyes:

MetFan81

Yes, Disney's TEMP. lands have saddly been PERM. However, what was the orginial plan for Mickey's Star Land? Were they just going to bulldoze the entire thing or place something else there?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, Disney's TEMP. lands have saddly been PERM. However, what was the orginial plan for Mickey's Star Land? Were they just going to bulldoze the entire thing or place something else there?
The only concrete (!) lead I have, pre Starland, that I`m trying to chase up, is an entrance facing the Teacups for a huge ride building, as big as Starland. I`ll make an educated guess at a dark ride. Mary Poppins anyone?

ToTBellHop

I would've loved a Mary Poppins ride...it's one of Disney's best franchises that they haven't capitalized on (what? money to be made? Where's Rasulo?)...the Chim Chim Cher-ee scene in the Great Movie Ride where everyone can see the pole sticking out of Mary's back isn't enough...

MetFan81

Thanks Marni. That would have been a huge show building. Is it possible that it was intended to hold two rides? However, Mary Poppins would have been nice.

I would assume at this point Toontown will not be going anywhere. Were'nt there even plans to expand Toontown beyond the berm at one point?

Darth Plank

I've heard the Trition statue came and broke down. I saw a green sea monster Animatronic beheaded and Pooh's Playful Spot.
R.I.P
1975-1994

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom