20k original replacements

hauntdmansion79

This all literally kills me. I think both of these ideas sound so awesome and I want them to happen more than anything. But people on this post have very good points. Especially about how building an E-ticket at MK wouldn't really change all that much for the park and therefore is not a priority over MGM or AK. Trends are trends and if we look at Disney in the past 20 years, it seems unlikely that they will all of a sudden put all their money and focus back into the Magic Kingdom.

I do however think they know it's time for something major and new at MK and something bigger WILL go where 20K was. Whether it will be what we want is a whole other story. Myself, I see more video screens being implemented somewhere in the new attraction in the 20K plot.

Regardless I loved looking at Martin's drawings of behind Pirates and of the size of the old 20K space. I also loved the concept pictures of Fire Mountain. I've always known there is space at Magic Kingdom. One spot people haven't touched on is the space North of Tom Sawyers Island on the other side of the river. The space is literally the size of Fantasy Land.

DisneyMusician2

I really want to see a ride that they can change now and again. Perhaps based off old Disney flicks that don't get much play. Or maybe pull a Horizons and have a few to pick from that you can see (different trakcs or shows or something!) Now THAT would be a different approach to a theme park attraction!

RSoxNo1

The morphing coaster idea is intriguing - is there one of these that exists anywhere?

I think another unique coaster idea (Although perhaps not for disney), is a coaster that through a variety of switch tracks will never have a variety of different ride possibilities.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m sure someone aside from WDI have developed one. I`d be happy with a hybrid; SeaWorlds Journey to Atlantis I admit took my breath away on our first ride. You can hear me on tape saying "Wow! We`re on a track" at the top of the first lift. And it`s been a long time since an attraction made me say something like that out loud.

Funnily enough, the original Energy pavilion was a multiple switch track system. It was scrapped due to being too complex - at 2mph. That`s how they went with the same idea but trackless (and it reached it`s pinnacle with TDLs Poohs Honey Hunt)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
i found some pictures of what fire mountaian(mount fuji) was supposed to look like from Jim Hill Media:
Why-For-1013-N-web.jpg

Why-For-1013-L-web.jpg

Why-For-1013-M-web.jpg

The roller coaster looks awesome, or is it just me?

Now that is sweet. That would have looked really nice in World Showcase.

dizneycrazy09

I know that no proposed attraction is ever dead, but is there any likelyhood that either of these attractions will be built as MK's next E-ticket? or are these great proposals among others that will lie dormant with the other proposed atractions?

RSoxNo1

Well, I believe Lee told us that they had several different E-Ticket options for the Magic Kingdom. I'm guessing that Villain Mountain is still possible as it's more timeless, however - if we're to believe the Harry Potter/Kuka arm rumors coming out of Universal, than the next E-Ticket in the Magic Kingdom could be the Incredibles rumor over in tomorrowland.

the-reason14

I think the one that was suppose to go in adventureland sounds great, the other one not as good. I wish they had built the fire mountain thing because that sounds really tight.

Villain Mountain and the Villain Land sound so schweet. :cool: And this is coming from a teenager, heheh.

Oh well. Can't get meh hopes up, 'cause I doubt it'll be built. lol. Although, a ride never really dies at Disney, so..yeah.

TP2000

If the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is popular when it opens at Disneyland in June, couldn't they just bring back the submarines again?

the-reason14

If the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is popular when it opens at Disneyland in June, couldn't they just bring back the submarines again?

They already did a great amount of work to remove the water and put in the pooh playground, I doubt they do all that work again to restore the water and the subs. Also, nemo at epcot from what I heard is already going to be similar to the one built at DL.

Lee

Adventurer

Oh, it will be popular, no doubt about that. But they will never bring them back to MK...ever.

Also, nemo at epcot from what I heard is already going to be similar to the one built at DL.

Welllll.....kinda. They use the same projection technology, yeah....but that can't compare to actually getting in the sub and going through the water.

POOHKILLEDTOAD

...It does seem awfully fishy that 20K was replaced by a playground, maybe Disney has bigger plans for that area?[/QUOTE]

Not just any playground...a POOH playground. That yellow menace to society is taking over! soon it will be "pooh's fantasy land":lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Captain Barbosa said:
...It does seem awfully fishy that 20K was replaced by a playground, maybe Disney has bigger plans for that area?

Not just any playground...a POOH playground. That yellow menace to society is taking over! soon it will be "pooh's fantasy land":lookaroun

Yes there are other plans in the works.

and POOHKILLEDTOAD what about the blue menace? :lookaroun

It's already been Stitch Kingdom.

Unfortunately for Toad fans, Pooh just generates more enthusiasm and goodwill (not to mention money) than Toad.

Don't take it too personally.:lol:

MathewGW

I love Pooh Bear! I vaguley rember Toad from when i was 5, and after seeing the videos online, I'm sorry but I much prefer Pooh.

Anyway, any work on what's going to go in the former lagoon? Because Pooh's Playful Spot can't stay there forever can it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom