20k original replacements

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lets hope the "Temple of Pain" never makes it FL, this is the most painful and pointless coaster ive ever been on.
I disgree - we found it a unique feeling coaster, but not painful. I have heard however others who`ve said the same you say. If you want pain, I`d go for Space Mountain if you`re less than 5ft 10 (as my girlfriend is)

I`d hope the concept never comes simply because of what it is. A cheap, off the shelf, almost portable coaster. The theming is fantastic in Paris, but the ride itself isn`t worthy of this `new` era we hopefully are entering.

It`s worth remembering why Temple of Peril was bought in the first place. Not because Euro Disney was out of money - the opposite. The first year was so successful they needed a fast - as in less than 12 months from paper to opening - E Ride to take the strain off BTM whilst Discovery / Space Mountain was completed. ToP did the job. As a filler attraction. Not something marketable as the brand new, must see attraction of the current year.

chipanddalefan5

Original Poster
my question is: if they liked both ideas so much and had dates all planned out, y didn't they go with it, wat happened that changed their minds?

chipanddalefan5

Original Poster
After looking at Google Earth, it doesn'y look like there would be enough room to build another land, even though i love the villian idea

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
After looking at Google Earth, it doesn'y look like there would be enough room to build another land, even though i love the villian idea
Land? Where? You mean the 20k plot? There is a LOT of room back there; enough for a good E Ticket and maybe a decent dark ride too. Plus the usual shops...

I invite you to the previous thread about the size of the plot with imagery http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54767

And the Adventureland coaster rumour http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54767 and specifically http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1914901&postcount=27

bluejayx

there is vary little room behind POTC it would the prade travel back the train and not to mention that 7 seas lagoon is right there

Didn't go anywhere. Mickey just kept it in his wallet.

Therefore, there should be no reason to complain about money issues, especially where they would see a lot more coming in after the new additions. No matter what you do, you always have to give in to get more.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
there is vary little room behind POTC it would the prade travel back the train and not to mention that 7 seas lagoon is right there

Maybe so, but remember that anything that could be considered support buildings can be moved to other spots around the vast expanse of scrub oaks.

POTC_area.jpg

Remember that an attraction doesn't HAVE to be inside the railroad tracks!

napnet

Martin has proven before in a drawing that there is room.. they will just have to move a road or two... can't find the drawing though... it was for the idea of putting the Indiana Jones ride back there

ToTBellHop

Therefore, there should be no reason to complain about money issues, especially where they would see a lot more coming in after the new additions. No matter what you do, you always have to give in to get more.
See a lot more guests? Really? I'm not so sure that a new attraction at the MK would do much of anything. If a new park doesn't really increase the number of visitors to WDW, a single new E-Ticket won't. AK drew a lot of guests but they were just skipping a day at Epcot or MGM to go there, but the MK was unaffected, really. No matter what, if you go to WDW, you will always go to the MK--that's why its attendance is so much higher than any of the other parks. They haven't added a new E-Ticket in 15 years and their numbers aren't hurting. MGM hasn't opened a new E-Ticket (despite calling LMA an E-Ticket, I disagree) in 8 years, and it has hurt them. The only thing adding a new attraction to the MK does is marginally increase spending on souvenirs, give Disney an excuse (not that they need one) to increase park entrance prices every year, and persuade guests that Disney builds enough new attractions that it is worth visiting frequently.

chipanddalefan5

Original Poster
i found some pictures of what fire mountaian(mount fuji) was supposed to look like from Jim Hill Media:
Why-For-1013-N-web.jpg

Why-For-1013-L-web.jpg

Why-For-1013-M-web.jpg

The roller coaster looks awesome, or is it just me?

csmat99

You are not looking at the same map as everyone else then. You have plenty of room to build all around Magic Kingdom. Walt learned his lesson from Disney Land he would never limit future expansion of any park he planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom