News 2024 Fourth of July Fireworks, Extended Hours, and Entertainment

Starship824

In the Parks
No
There’s still no sign off the WW3 barges but the fireworks team is currently out on WSL moving equipment around. Are there usually barges in between the big Luninous barges?View attachment 796846
I think some of those smaller barges with the lighting and fountains go in between the main ones and are used for Luminous every night. I can't tell if the one in the photo is the normal one. If they really aren't using the WW 3 barges then it makes sense why they did so many tests this year. I'd say if the WW 3 barges aren't out by 5 they're probably not using them but then again I no have idea how all that works.

gerarar

Premium Member
I think some of those smaller barges with the lighting and fountains go in between the main ones and are used for Luminous every night. I can't tell if the one in the photo is the normal one. If they really aren't using the WW 3 barges then it makes sense why they did so many tests this year. I'd say if the WW 3 barges aren't out by 5 they're probably not using them but then again I no have idea how all that works.
It's definitely weird. For the recent DVC Moonlight Magic event, the WW3 barges went out the same time as the Luminous barges.

vikescaper

This is my third time seeing Luminous so I am not sure on the exact barge placement. I obviously know the main large ones and the smaller ones that are extended out from those.

gerarar

Premium Member
There’s still no sign off the WW3 barges but the fireworks team is currently out on WSL moving equipment around. Are there usually barges in between the big Luninous barges?View attachment 796846
Here's what the mini-barges for Luminous looks like.
1000012919.jpg

1000012920.jpg

There are 3 mini-barges that extend in parallel with each big barge. Then there's a free-floating barge in between the mini-barges.

Your picture kind of looks like the latter but can't quite tell. The easiest way to tell if there's a spotlight/fountain head on the barge itself.

WW3 barges have a cage on them iirc.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but those look like the traditional barges used for special events (Midnight Magic, EF, Harm). During Midnight magic, they didn't use the Luminous barges for pyro, just for lighting and fountains. I feel like these may be in replacement of the WWIII barges, with the Luminous outer barges taking up most of the pyro for the main HOF show, and these small auxiliary barges taking the place for the finale of the WWIII.

spectromagic04

I have a feeling we aren’t getting the big finale this year. Probably gonna replace a lot of the fireworks with fountains and lasers in RED/White/Blue

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I have a feeling we aren’t getting the big finale this year. Probably gonna replace a lot of the fireworks with fountains and lasers in RED/White/Blue
Ehh, they didn't do that in 2022 with Harmonious which probably would have been less noticable and easier to do at the time. I think it's more likely they just moved the pyro to the Luminous barges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom