News 2024 Disneyland Resort Event Calendar

RescueTheDay

Disney World's daytime parade at Magic Kingdom is a million times better than any of the two daytime parades you'll see at Disneyland during this summer.

It's imaginative, lots of movement, well themed impressive floats with all the favorite Disney characters and has a fire breathing dragon.

These are small unimpressive temp parade floats that get rethemed every once in a while to promote something. At one point 15 years ago it was a High School Musical dance party for example.
Would highly disagree. MK’s parade has been scaled back and lost a lot of its charm post Covid. I’d prefer the energy and uniqueness from Magic Happens.

Disney Analyst

Disney World's daytime parade at Magic Kingdom is a million times better than any of the two daytime parades you'll see at Disneyland during this summer.

It's imaginative, lots of movement, well themed impressive floats with all the favorite Disney characters and has a fire breathing dragon.

These are small unimpressive temp parade floats that get rethemed every once in a while to promote something. At one point 15 years ago it was a High School Musical dance party for example.

I used to love Festival of Fantasy, but I actually think I far prefer Magic Happens. FoF is a shell of its former self.

Magic Happens has great music, choreography, a nice mix of properties, fun floats, and a full cast. Festival of Fantasy needs to be replaced, yesterday.

TP2000

Drooling over this artwork! Who wouldn't want a nice big print of this hanging in their office?

View attachment 774136

This collection of old cavalcade platforms and small parade floats might hold a passing interest for the average tourist, but I think many of us here are going to react like this guy in the crowd artwork... checking his phone as it goes by.

And The Crowd Goes Wild!.jpg

PiratesMansion

I actually really like Magic Happens and think it's a pretty solid daytime parade. It's got a great soundtrack, a nice mix of properties, and it was about time for Soundsational to be replaced.

It's definitely a different style from the Kidney/Daily parades that were playing around the world for much of the last decade, but I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing.

From what I've heard, Festival of Fantasy still hasn't brought back parade dancers since covid, and that would do a real number on the power of that parade.

waltography

Given that the fireworks package is meant to sync to a completely different score, it’s not half bad! Nice change of pace. It was smart of them to use deeper cuts of the score to better exploit idiosyncrasies that make the pyro seem to sync up. Great use of the spires’ lighting package too, they should use it more often. Now I’m curious how it’ll look with the MMM package.

Also highlights what a shame it is they don’t pump Star Wars music into the land, because it really does add quite a bit to the overall experience.

Disney Analyst

Given that the fireworks package is meant to sync to a completely different score, it’s not half bad! Nice change of pace. It was smart of them to use deeper cuts of the score to better exploit idiosyncrasies that make the pyro seem to sync up. Great use of the spires’ lighting package too, they should use it more often. Now I’m curious how it’ll look with the MMM package.

Also highlights what a shame it is they don’t pump Star Wars music into the land, because it really does add quite a bit to the overall experience.

I’ll be interested to see if the music is designed to line up more with the Pixar fireworks, or how they have planned this out?

waltography

I know this decor wasn't popular around these parts when it was first teased, but I really do like the mid-century modern-ish look they're going for with the Pixar Fest decor. You could swap the Pixar characters for Fab Five + throw a giant Disneyland D on that spinner and leave it in Downtown Disney for the year and I'd be good.

1712634532589.png

Disney Analyst

I know this decor wasn't popular around these parts when it was first teased, but I really do like the mid-century modern-ish look they're going for with the Pixar Fest decor. You could swap the Pixar characters for Fab Five + throw a giant Disneyland D on that spinner and leave it in Downtown Disney for the year and I'd be good.

View attachment 778034

It looks fantastic. Fitting and tasteful.

Disney Analyst

Foodie Guide dropped for Pixar Fest: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ts-pixar-fest-foodie-guide-starting-april-26/

View attachment 778716
View attachment 778717
View attachment 778718
View attachment 778719
View attachment 778720
View attachment 778721

Honestly, can't help but smile at a lot of these foods, it just feels like they had a lot of fun putting these menus together. Major kudos to the chefs & festival food teams.

My trip this summer has a lot to try and do!

Consumer

I just don't understand why they have Pixar Fest. If this was 2007 when Pixar was at its A-game, I would understand, but of the last 10 releases, only Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2 have turned huge profits, neither of which are well regarded after the fact. Of their last 10 releases, only Coco is loved unanimously by the population like the early Pixar movies were. Generally speaking, Pixar name does not carry the same weight it once did so it's weird to me that Disney is acting like Pixar Fest will drive ticket sales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom