News 2023 EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays

JohnD

The Voices of Liberty as the Dickens Holiday Carolers have returned!!!! While this should have never been cut in the first place it’s great news to see them back.
Maybe you're referring to modern costumes instead of traditional Colonial clothing outside of the holiday season? I agree that the Dickens Holiday Carolers costumes are closer to the traditional garb they wore most of the year before switching over to modern costumes.

TrainsOfDisney

Maybe you're referring to modern costumes instead of traditional Colonial clothing outside of the holiday season? I agree that the Dickens Holiday Carolers costumes are closer to the traditional garb they wore most of the year before switching over to modern costumes.
I was excited to see them back as carolers. I know at least one year post-Covid they didn’t have them - apparently they were already back last year and I forgot. Either way it’s great to see!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Living with the Land Glimmering Greenhouses holiday overlay - daytime view​

Living-with-the-Land_Full_54152.jpg

Living-with-the-Land_Full_54158.jpg

Living-with-the-Land_Full_54160.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

trainplane3

It looks like when compared to last year, they got new LED bars in the tunnels and a bunch more icicle lights along the back areas of the greenhouses. Plus the obviously new displays along the ride path too. Quite a nice upgrade.

Is the original Spaceship Earth holiday show back this year?

Last edited:

Royal Purple Pigment

On the Behind the Seeds Tour we were told that it is the cast members that work at Living with the Land that do the actual decorations for Glimmering Greenhouses as opposed to some sort of specialized Disney decorating team. If so, I think that is pretty awesome. This is the best overlay for one of the best WDW rides.

Brian

I still think WDW can do a heck of a lot better. There are residential houses better decorated than Living with the Land.
You don't even have to travel far. There's some houses in Celebration that are better compared to Osbourne than anything currently at WDW.

Rteetz

You don't even have to travel far. There's some houses in Celebration that are better compared to Osbourne than anything currently at WDW.
There are residential properties mixing in drones now for Christmas light shows. As evidenced by the Light Fight and being a Light enthusiast myself Osborne is small potatoes to today's lighting game.

Epcot82Guy

LwtL looked solid. It needs a refresh (as we all know), but Glimmering was a really nice touch. And there was a decent crowd tonight. It actually had as long if not longer of a line than Soarin' for awhile. People seemed to be enjoying it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
LwtL looked solid. It needs a refresh (as we all know), but Glimmering was a really nice touch. And there was a decent crowd tonight. It actually had as long if not longer of a line than Soarin' for awhile. People seemed to be enjoying it.
And are desperate to actually see something holiday related at EPCOT. The lack of Peace on Earth, crazy standby situation for Candlelight, no more Lights of Winter, lack of decor, really shows.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks like when compared to last year, they got new LED bars in the tunnels and a bunch more icicle lights along the back areas of the greenhouses. Plus the obviously new displays along the ride path too. Quite a nice upgrade.

Is the original Spaceship Earth holiday show back this year?
Its the Frozen light sequence on Spaceship Earth.

Epcot82Guy

And are desperate to actually see something holiday related at EPCOT. The lack of Peace on Earth, crazy standby situation for Candlelight, no more Lights of Winter, lack of decor, really shows.

I would say I will stop and do a full representative sample survey next time... But my pass expires today. 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom