Original Poster
Condensed lineup tomorrow:

#1 Bama @ Ole Miss - interesting game here
#4 Ohio State vs #15 TCU @ Jerry World...considered a "Neutral site"
#10 Washington @ Utah - another interesting game here
#12 LSU @ #7 Auburn - being called an elimination game
!4 West Virgina @ NC State - postponed....this game had potential
#17 Boise @ #24 Okie State

Did I miss anything....or upsets predictions?

winstongator

A number of the new coaches this season are having rough years. Frost 0-2, Kelly 0-3, Taggert 1-2, Mullen loses to Kentucky for the first time in many Florida fans' lives, Herm loses to SDSU after a big win, Chad Morris at Arkansas blown out by North Texas. Jury is out for a lot of the others but that's a good chunk that have started slow.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
No one is talking about my Buckeyes today?

Did anyone watch the game?
Good quality win....looked iffy until the shovel pick 6
One more tough test for you in Tulane, before conference play, your schedule eases a bit ;)

Can you believe the preseason had only these Teams with a shot to make the CFP:

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia
Michigan...already have to win out
Washington....already has to win out
Penn State
Wisconsin...already have to win out
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Auburn...already has to win out and LSU must stumble TWICE....

21stamps

One more tough test for you in Tulane, before conference play, your schedule eases a bit ;)

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia
Penn State
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

Last night truly showed the depth of that team. I was worried with Bosa out. They pulled it off in a spectacular 2nd half though.
I can’t wait to see the rest of the season!

I hate guessing CFP this early. Especially after what we all witnessed last year. I’d like to see some upsets again (as long as it’s not OSU ;) )

21stamps

This is a tough Fall for me.. between kiddo’s multiple soccer games per weekend, FCC games, La Liga games, now stupid Juventus games.. Friday night high school football, NFL football, and College football.. I’m now drowning in an overloaded DVR and little time to watch most of it.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Teams are beginning to weed themselves out of it, with a Wisconsin and Auburn going down. Not saying they can’t make it back but it’s highly unlikely.

winstongator

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia
Penn State
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
There are still a lot of games. I'd put other b12 teams in the hunt, if they go undefeated. Wild card I see is WVU. It's hard, but not impossible to make the CFP while not winning your conference division. Auburn doesn't necessarily need LSU to stumble, but would be hard for them. With all the upsets, I don't project that far out...anymore. Gators are playing for a different tier prize.

atjimfromdisney

My Buckeyes are weak in the areas I thought we would be weak. Just inexperience showing that will hopefully fine tune itself throughout the season. With Bosa out and not the strongest secondary, we might get beat more than we'd like to..

Feel as if it'll put a lot of pressure on our offense to produce 40+ points a game..

Captain Barbossa

Kickoff was moved from 3:30 to 12:00 this past Saturday due to Florence. It never did rain, but the wind was rough and that affected the kicking game.

The sky looked good towards the west facing Lake Hartwell.
A6B649BE-2559-4D72-BC42-A771EFD12027.jpeg

But as you can see, the clouds were building up and starting to turn dark facing the east. (direction of Florence)
0A37252D-3BDC-4239-8790-0FF523654F34.jpeg

Very sloppy offensive play in the 1st quarter. Luckily we got things going in the 2nd quarter. Etienne had himself a heck of a game, rushing for 162 yards (career high) and 2 TDs. Kelly is ok and should be ready to go against GT.

On the other hand, defense played great defending against the triple option. Hopefully that success will continue Saturday afternoon. Ol’ Pawwwl Johnson will have his OL ready to fall down and roll around like dogs, but it will be no match against our front four.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Last night truly showed the depth of that team. I was worried with Bosa out. They pulled it off in a spectacular 2nd half though.
I can’t wait to see the rest of the season!

I hate guessing CFP this early. Especially after what we all witnessed last year. I’d like to see some upsets again (as long as it’s not OSU ;) )
OSU should be fine......dude, you already know how I feel about your coach, as I was HARDER on the University.....but tell Urbie to hide from the microphones for a while! He REALLY looks bad.....
Teams are beginning to weed themselves out of it, with a Wisconsin and Auburn going down. Not saying they can’t make it back but it’s highly unlikely.
Auburn wins out, and they're most likely in, no matter what LSU does....
There are still a lot of games. I'd put other b12 teams in the hunt, if they go undefeated. Wild card I see is WVU. It's hard, but not impossible to make the CFP while not winning your conference division. Auburn doesn't necessarily need LSU to stumble, but would be hard for them. With all the upsets, I don't project that far out...anymore. Gators are playing for a different tier prize.
Auburn would need to win out, and have either of these scenarios:
1) LSU loses two SEC games .... not impossible as they still have Bama AND Georgia ....Auburn would then paly in the SEC Championship.......OR
2) LSU wins the SEC West (with 1 or less losses), Auburn wins out and watches the SEC championship AND Notre Dame, the Big 12, and Pac 10 champ all have 2 or more losses....

Either of the two scenarios assumes ACC, SEC, and Big 10 Champ take the other 3 CFP slots...
My Buckeyes are weak in the areas I thought we would be weak. Just inexperience showing that will hopefully fine tune itself throughout the season. With Bosa out and not the strongest secondary, we might get beat more than we'd like to..

Feel as if it'll put a lot of pressure on our offense to produce 40+ points a game..
You won....take it and move forward!

Last thought....what if EITHER OR BOTH of these happen:
1) Undefeated Clemson plays Undefeated Va Tech for the ACC Championship, and/or Undefeated Georgia plays Undefeated LSU/BAMA for the SEC Championship?

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Wow.....#7 Stanford comes back to beat #20 Oregon....Oregon really folded
#5 Oklahoma Edges Army in OT

Shake up in the bottom half of the Top 25
#13 Va Tech is crushed by ODU
#14 Miss State clobbered by Kentucky
#15 Oklahoma State spanked by Texas Tech
#17 TCU falls to Texas
#18 Wisconsin outlasts Iowa

A few primo match-ups next weekend....and some moderates....

OSU - Penn State
Stanford - Notre Dame
Texas Tech - West Virginia
BYU - Washington

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Wow.....#7 Stanford comes back to beat #20 Oregon....Oregon really folded
#5 Oklahoma Edges Army in OT

Shake up in the bottom half of the Top 25
#13 Va Tech is crushed by ODU
#14 Miss State clobbered by Kentucky
#15 Oklahoma State spanked by Texas Tech
#17 TCU falls to Texas
#18 Wisconsin outlasts Iowa

A few primo match-ups next weekend....and some moderates....

OSU - Penn State
Stanford - Notre Dame
Texas Tech - West Virginia
BYU - Washington
All eyes will be on tOSU/Penn State game. All other, meh. Maybe since that Stanford comeback was crazy, the ND/Stanford game might be eye catching too.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, we now see how UK beat them. UK is for real.

We will see of UK is real as the season moves on. I was at the FL UK game and I couldn't event tell you want team UK was playing. Florida had no energy at all on both sides of the ball. Honestly the players looked like they were being forced to play and did not want to be there from the first snap. Last night Florida was looking better, but sill has a long way to go.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Yeah, we now see how UK beat them. UK is for real.
Or the SEC west may not be but two teams deep?
We will see of UK is real as the season moves on. I was at the FL UK game and I couldn't event tell you want team UK was playing. Florida had no energy at all on both sides of the ball. Honestly the players looked like they were being forced to play and did not want to be there from the first snap. Last night Florida was looking better, but sill has a long way to go.
Fl beating Tennessee is nice, but not earth shattering

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom