Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Huge Labor Day weekend coming!!

Highlights:

Bama vs Louisville (Orlando)
Auburn vs Washington (Atlanta)
Michigan @ Notre Dame (South Bend)
LSU vs Miami (Dallas)
Virginia Tech @ Florida State (Tallahassee)
Tennessee vs West Virginia (Charlotte)
Texas @ Maryland (Maryland)
Mississippi vs Texas Tech (Houston)

Of note - Tickets to the Bama/Louisville Camping World Kick-Off can be had for less than $60 (Endzone), and $75 for Louisville's upper sideline! Need and excuse to go to the World?

What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming season? Georgia and Bama lost a boatload to the NFL.........

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
2 Weeks!!!!! I can not wait and I'm so excited for the new season. GO GATORS!!! GO SEC!

I'm started this season off with a bang.

Week 1 - I'll been here in Orlando to attend Louisville vs Alabama
Week 2 - Headed to the Swamp Kentucky at Florida

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Urban Meyer gets 3 game suspension.......OSU used the time old tactic of delay, delay, delay, .... let everyone calm down a bit......followed by a press conference that made things worse!! Apologies to all/for all, and zero mention of the victim....

As you all know I'm an SEC man, but my take might surprise a few......

- It seems obvious OSU knew some of, if not all the details, not just Urban.....
- Urban might have been assisting/covering for OSU's lack of disciplining/taking action....
- That would explain Urban's initial comments, and the implicit questioning of whether or not his wife would have told him....to tell you the truth, I'm not sure Urban was the one questioning whether or not his wife told him, or if that was the press? Trial balloon?

If Urban AND OSU knew the entire time, or OSU thought Urban would imply that in a "tell all", they knew they would have looked terrible.....

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Oh, I just came to make my annual NCAA thread.. but you already did! I missed it, tag me next time!!
Just realized you started last year's thread and it had been since '14 since the last time I'd started one.....back in the day my NCAA threads never made it to even 50 posts as the SEC was so dominant in the last 10+ years of the BCS
I’m glad that Urban will remain the coach of OSU, a little worried about the first few games though.
I know Bama fans are glad to see him stay and hope he'll finally give them the chance to avenge the loss in the CFP Inaugural.........

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Camping World Kickoff isn't even sold out! Top of the thumbnail below is the Louisville side and the tiny blue dots are STILL for sale at a walloping $40 each! Is Orlando the issue? While I know it's not a 1st tier Bowl City......really?

CWKO.jpg

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Just realized you started last year's thread and it had been since '14 since the last time I'd started one.....back in the day my NCAA threads never made it to even 50 posts as the SEC was so dominant in the last 10+ years of the BCS
I know Bama fans are glad to see him stay and hope he'll finally give them the chance to avenge the loss in the CFP Inaugural.........
You better know it!

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Camping World Kickoff isn't even sold out! Top of the thumbnail below is the Louisville side and the tiny blue dots are STILL for sale at a walloping $40 each! Is Orlando the issue? While I know it's not a 1st tier Bowl City......really?

View attachment 307271

I don't think Orlando is the issue. We have a lot of events going on today including an MLS match down the block. They tried to sell the game on the Alabama name alone and did not do much marketing until the past two weeks. I know they gave 650 tickets to vet tixs (a program that gives tickets out to military) I'm going tonight and hoping for a good game, but I believe most people think Louisville is just going to get hammed tonight so why not just stay home or visit the parks. Honestly I think it was bad marketing by Florida Citrus Sports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom