2018 NCAA Football Thread

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Announcement for attendance was over 57,000 so not sold out but close
38F191B5-B068-4E11-B21E-D0BD44E7BF73.jpeg

Foltzy

Finally got to witness my first college football game from a student perspective and I’ll say it lived up to the hype. Then again Notre Dame hasn’t played a game receiving this much attention and hype in a while. It was a great way to kick off my career as a student watching games and great to see my Irish take home the W.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I don't think Orlando is the issue. We have a lot of events going on today including an MLS match down the block. They tried to sell the game on the Alabama name alone and did not do much marketing until the past two weeks. I know they gave 650 tickets to vet tixs (a program that gives tickets out to military) I'm going tonight and hoping for a good game, but I believe most people think Louisville is just going to get hammed tonight so why not just stay home or visit the parks. Honestly I think it was bad marketing by Florida Citrus Sports.
Went to the game last night......was not that impressed with the Stadium and Bama's secondary or OL. It's early and I know things will settle.
If you were in Orlando, would you go to this game or to WDW?

Some interesting games so far.
Went to MK yesterday morning, and AK today til around dinner time....watching LSU/Miami now. LSU up 10-3 at end of 1st quarter. LSU id ALREADY out of time outs......

**Edit** 27-3 now in the 3rd qtr,,,,unless LSU has an Atlanta Falcon type melt down...

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
That game was a blowout. I would have been disappointed if I skipped a Disney day for it. Would have been nice to see the WVU-Tenn game in Charlotte.
1st time for us at the Camping World Stadium......not impressed....had tickets in P08, which included access to the Open Air Club. Had to have wrist bands for access, and many peeps were getting in without the band.....reminded us Disney does a much better with hard ticket events and the access to said event. The Open Air Club wasn't much of anything, other than shorter lines for concessions and bathrooms.....

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I don't think Orlando is the issue. We have a lot of events going on today including an MLS match down the block. They tried to sell the game on the Alabama name alone and did not do much marketing until the past two weeks. I know they gave 650 tickets to vet tixs (a program that gives tickets out to military) I'm going tonight and hoping for a good game, but I believe most people think Louisville is just going to get hammed tonight so why not just stay home or visit the parks. Honestly I think it was bad marketing by Florida Citrus Sports.
The marketing was bad, as the initial selling pitch was joining the "Club" to guarantee 1st right to purchase tickets (before they went on sell to the general public) to the Kick Off.

The pitch (acted like this was a benefit) was you were guaranteed tickets to both of the Bowls in Dec/Jan. The bowls are roughly a week a part and include the Camping World Bowl with ACC/Big 12 around Dec 28th, as well as the Citrus Bowl SEC/Big 10 on New Year's Day.

Neither bowl was appealing as if our team is in the Citrus Bowl, the season was a SUPREME failure.

Last night, it was OBVIOUS the tickets were going for cheap as some of the BAMA fans acted as if they'd never been to a game; one dude was trying to sell us a pair of tickets he claimed were on the 5 yard line for $125 each, and as we walked away the price dropped to $60.

I do have to say, Orlando HAD to be a large part of the problem if the game didn't sell out....Friday evening there were still plenty of tics in the $70 range on the Louisville Upper Sideline; $40 for the endzone.......

I guarantee you next year's Florida vs the U will sell out BEFORE tics make it to the general public

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Finally got to witness my first college football game from a student perspective and I’ll say it lived up to the hype. Then again Notre Dame hasn’t played a game receiving this much attention and hype in a while. It was a great way to kick off my career as a student watching games and great to see my Irish take home the W.
Notre Dame was impressive last night; congrats. How much hype was there for the Georgia Game last year? Down here it was a big deal....how bout up there? I'm sure with Michigan the regional/historical rivalry made the win that much better

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Went to the game last night......was not that impressed with the Stadium and Bama's secondary or OL. It's early and I know things will settle.
Went to MK yesterday morning, and AK today til around dinner time....watching LSU/Miami now. LSU up 10-3 at end of 1st quarter. LSU id ALREADY out of time outs......

**Edit** 27-3 now in the 3rd qtr,,,,unless LSU has an Atlanta Falcon type melt down...
Bama secondary? We’re we watching the same game?

winstongator

The marketing was bad, as the initial selling pitch was joining the "Club" to guarantee 1st right to purchase tickets (before they went on sell to the general public) to the Kick Off.

The pitch (acted like this was a benefit) was you were guaranteed tickets to both of the Bowls in Dec/Jan. The bowls are roughly a week a part and include the Camping World Bowl with ACC/Big 12 around Dec 28th, as well as the Citrus Bowl SEC/Big 10 on New Year's Day.

Neither bowl was appealing as if our team is in the Citrus Bowl, the season was a SUPREME failure.

Last night, it was OBVIOUS the tickets were going for cheap as some of the BAMA fans acted as if they'd never been to a game; one dude was trying to sell us a pair of tickets he claimed were on the 5 yard line for $125 each, and as we walked away the price dropped to $60.

I do have to say, Orlando HAD to be a large part of the problem if the game didn't sell out....Friday evening there were still plenty of tics in the $70 range on the Louisville Upper Sideline; $40 for the endzone.......

I guarantee you next year's Florida vs the U will sell out BEFORE tics make it to the general public
So not a Gator fan. Bama? UGA? Auburn maybe. Not sure who else would be so disappointed with the Citrus Bowl.

We'll have APs, so as Gator fans would be a great weekend for Disney and a game.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Bama secondary? We’re we watching the same game?
We were watching from Section P08 Row P and the seats on the 50 and amazing.....we were seeing gaping holes over the middle...
Louisville had the middle of the field for a good portion of the 1st half, Bama wasn't getting extreme push or pressure, and Jawon Pass was just not accurate. Don't misinterpret "not impressed" as I wasn't saying lousy or bad. Secondary was good enough to beat the tar out of Lou Lou, but must improve to beat even the little brothers of the SEC......

I'd love to hear your take:
-What did you think of LSU? Good, Great, or Miami an ACC joke?
- Lou Lou? Joke or decent but no match for superior SEC?

- How long will it take the polls to Rank LOU LOU? Clemson plays them in Week 10 (both team,s 9th game) and I guarantee you they WILL have Lou Lou ranked then....even if they are 6-3

- Will Clemson hear anything about there schedule (as Bama did last year)? Clemson's schedule has Texas A&M, NC State(always artificially ranked), Lou Lou, FSU, and South Carolina. A&M and South Carolina are REAL games, but FSU will be hyped to the extreme.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
So not a Gator fan. Bama? UGA? Auburn maybe. Not sure who else would be so disappointed with the Citrus Bowl.

We'll have APs, so as Gator fans would be a great weekend for Disney and a game.
We have APs as well and seized the opportunity to absorb the Magic and the privilege take in a primo game.....

I agree any fan base of the 4 team's you're mentioning above WOULD be disappointed with a trip to the Citrus Bowl......all of those fan bases should be demanding a hoisting of THE Trophy and nothing else

SEC fan true and true

**edit**

I'll pose these questions to you as well******

- How long will it take the polls to Rank LOU LOU? Clemson plays them in Week 10 (both team,s 9th game) and I guarantee you they WILL have Lou Lou ranked then....even if they are 6-3

- Will Clemson hear anything about there schedule (as Bama did last year)? Clemson's schedule has Texas A&M, NC State(always artificially ranked), Lou Lou, FSU, and South Carolina. A&M and South Carolina are REAL games, but FSU will be hyped to the extreme.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
We were watching from Section P08 Row P and the seats on the 50 and amazing.....we were seeing gaping holes over the middle...
Louisville had the middle of the field for a good portion of the 1st half, Bama wasn't getting extreme push or pressure, and Jawon Pass was just not accurate. Don't misinterpret "not impressed" as I wasn't saying lousy or bad. Secondary was good enough to beat the tar out of Lou Lou, but must improve to beat even the little brothers of the SEC......

On tv we were getting pressure just about every play. It showed because even with the WRs that were very good athletes just wasn’t getting open or the DL started flexing its muscles. Everyone was jacked up ready to play. Bama’s D is going to be ferocious once again. Which is scary because although it played pretty good there were lapses. Kinda hard to keep the same focus when you are up 5 TDs. The middle is a concern but that’s every year at this time. The LBs didn’t play particularly well though. That’s a bit scary. Bama could have easily scored 60/70 points though.

UL will be fine in the ACC, which is Clemson’s to lose in my opinion because Miami is vastly overrated. That being said LSU has some good athletes and in the SECw that has to count for something. Miami just couldn’t get anything going and when it did shot itself in the foot. LSU and AU play very soon so we will see. FSU has yet to play so we will see how things go.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
On tv we were getting pressure just about every play. It showed because even with the WRs that were very good athletes just wasn’t getting open or the DL started flexing its muscles. Everyone was jacked up ready to play. Bama’s D is going to be ferocious once again. Which is scary because although it played pretty good there were lapses. Kinda hard to keep the same focus when you are up 5 TDs. The middle is a concern but that’s every year at this time. The LBs didn’t play particularly well though. That’s a bit scary. Bama could have easily scored 60/70 points though.

UL will be fine in the ACC, which is Clemson’s to lose in my opinion because Miami is vastly overrated. That being said LSU has some good athletes and in the SECw that has to count for something. Miami just couldn’t get anything going and when it did shot itself in the foot. LSU and AU play very soon so we will see. FSU has yet to play so we will see how things go.
Miami has now lost 4 in row including terrible losses to Pittsburgh, and blow outs to CLEARLY SUPERIOR Clemson and LSU.....

- FSU Va Tech Tonight....who do you like?
Deonte Thompson though! That guy may play himself into ththe first round.
Heard that! What's your take on Cyrus Jones being waived by New England? And why does no one seem to want to take a flyer on Bo Scarbrough (after Dallas waived him)?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Cant wait for Alabama to play division 2 schools and people to get super excited over it.
Heard that.....Lost the State Championship, 3rd place in the SEC, and had to settle for the CFP Championship. Surprised Saban made it through the off season.

Didn't play a real team all year, or in the CFP. After Halloween last year they looked terrible against LSU, Miss State, Auburn (blasted in Iron Bowl) and Georgia. Only convincing victories were against Mercer (great powerhouse) and cream puff Clemson....Clemson quit in the 3rd quarter......

I wish they wouldn't schedule those Division ll schools, or teams from weak conferences such as the ACC. That FSU opener last year was a joke, and they should be ashamed to have scheduled it. Do have to say they didn't schedule the ACC cream puff in the CFP, that's just they way the CFP Brass aligned it.

Plus they've only won 5 of the last 9....the other 4 champions in that 9 year span consisted of 2 QBs drafted #1 overall, a QB at #12 overall pick, and another just waived by the Chargers.

Maybe they'll be better this year

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yeah they'll be better considering there will probably be 2 or 3 teams on their schedule with a decent record by the end of the season. Cant wait for them to blow out The Citadel again!

winstongator

We have APs as well and seized the opportunity to absorb the Magic and the privilege take in a primo game.....

I agree any fan base of the 4 team's you're mentioning above WOULD be disappointed with a trip to the Citrus Bowl......all of those fan bases should be demanding a hoisting of THE Trophy and nothing else

SEC fan true and true

**edit**

I'll pose these questions to you as well******

I'd be happy with the Citrus Bowl this year. That is actually the one bowl game I've seen UF play, after the 1997 season. I couldn't figure out who you root for? Did I miss something?

LSU looked solid. They had a decent plan and stuck with it. Miami will play better. It looked like they were nearly as talented as LSU, but had some mistakes and couldn't come up with big plays.

I didn't watch any of the Bama Louisville game to know. There are lots of teams who have horrible first games but bounce back for strong seasons.

There's lots of talk about schedules, but things tend to work out. If Bama didn't belong in the playoff, they wouldn't have won it.

We'll see what FSU has tonight. I don't follow things as closely as 10 or so years ago when the Gators were on top. We've done one game a year since moving back to FL. I think we have tix to the SC game, which will be tough. We were at the LSU game last year that we blew. Part of how to see McElwain is that he started out winning almost every close game and his last season odds caught up with him. However, the problems were more than just wins and losses.

Two of my favorite moments in CFB were watching Wake Forest beat FSU in 2007 and Clemson in 2008.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom