• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report 2018-2019 A Year in the Land (Disneyland)...a multi-trip report

Songbird76

I saw on Disney Food Blog I think? that Disneyland is going to be using the original Soarin' over California video for a month. I don't know if you have any more trips planned, but I think it said June and I thought of you, since you are doing California this year. I know some people prefer the original over the new Soarin' around the world.

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
I saw on Disney Food Blog I think? that Disneyland is going to be using the original Soarin' over California video for a month. I don't know if you have any more trips planned, but I think it said June and I thought of you, since you are doing California this year. I know some people prefer the original over the new Soarin' around the world.
Yes! We are going in June over our birthdays and we are very excited to see the original Soarin again. I can’t wait for the orAnge smell!

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Saturday April 20, 2019

After a breakfast at the Best Western it was time for California Adventure. It wasn't the most gourmet breakfast but it was enough to get some fuel for the morning.
IMG_7426.JPG

Ready to rope drop.
IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

Found an Easter egg on Buena Vista Street
IMG_1139.JPG

And took a brief look in one of the stores.
IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

Then took some pictures around Carthay Circle.
IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Saturday April 20, 2019

I still couldn't get over how light the crowds were, hardly anyone was headed to Guardians which was my destination. Most people headed to Racers and maybe even Incredicoaster. My plan was to rope drop Guardians and when I entered the park I had made a fast pass for it as well then I would head to Monsters and then Carsland. After my first ride on Guardians I revised the plan.
IMG_1148.JPG

Interesting "stickers' the Walt's and Mickey's suitcases.
IMG_1152.JPG

Love the pink trees!
IMG_1153.JPG

Off to Hollywood and Guardians.
IMG_1158.JPG

The crowd got a little bigger in the 10 more minutes before park open but not much.
IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

Guardians....I think this is so much fun. Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides but I think this version tops (and drops) it. I don't want to see the one in WDW go away, I think it should stay as the original, but Guardians might be better now..
IMG_7459.JPG

So after I got off the first time I expected the line to have grown and planned to use my fast pass. But nope the entire queue was empty, so I hopped on again and again.

This picture was taken in the queue when I went on the first time, hence the people.
IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Saturday April 20, 2019
So I went on Guardians 3 times in a row, which was awesome. I was going to go for a 4th but by that time there was a bunch of people in the queue outside. I still had my fast pass so I decided to head to Monsters and come back for my fast pass.

On my exit the 3rd time, I did a quick browse of the gift shop and I thought @StarWarsGirl might like these flerkens.
IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

Monsters of course had no line at this time, so after a fun tour of Monstropolis I headed back to Guardians for my fourth ride of the day.
IMG_7462.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

This time while in the pre-show I looked around at some of the collection. I spy a hidden Mickey on one of the objects, do you?
IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

Then I headed to Carsland. I used the single rider line which was virtually empty and got on with less than a 5 minute wait, the standby line was over an hour (I want to say it was about 85 minutes). I rode Radiator Springs Racers twice through the single rider line with basically no wait, just walking through the line which was pretty sweet. My plan was do do Luigi's and Mater's rides but both had waits of 20-25 minutes. So I decided just to relax for a bit.
IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Saturday April 20, 2019
I wandered over to the Wharf area, got a free sample of sourdough bread and relaxed on a bench for about 10-15 minutes until 10:30am, that's when the Food and Wine booths were going to open. I also took a look at how the vines were doing in the little vineyard and the vines had grown quite a bit in a month. I was going to revisit the Nuts about Cheese booth and get the ham and cheese pinwheel but they did not open promptly at 10:30, but the beer stand did. So beer it was.
IMG_7474.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

I tried a different beer flight this time and got an order of the pizza egg rolls. These were good and this time I didn't have to share. I found a spot to sit up by Blue Sky Celler by the Wine Country Trattoria and enjoyed my beer flight and pizza rolls for awhile and just watched the crowds.
IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7488.JPG

I headed into Pixar Pier.
IMG_7492.JPG

I did single rider on Incredicoaster and was going to do the new carousel, but the line for that was around 30 minutes. Sorry but I don't think a carousel is worth that long of a wait. So I snapped a picture of the sign and moved on to Toy Story and used a fast pass for that.
IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_7494.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Saturday April 20, 2019

After working up an appetite on Mania I decided to try Angry Dogs. I debated about if I should get the slightly annoyed dog or the angry dog, one is more spicy than the other. In the end I went with the angry one. It was spicy too, but not flaming spicy. It came with chips, I asked if I could get it for a reduced price without the chips. But the answer was no. The one I purchased came with flaming hot Cheetos (gross), so I asked if I could get the regular Lays instead. I figured if I was paying for the chips even if I didn't want them right now, I might as well get ones I would actually eat. And I was able to get the regular chips, which I ended up toting around all day and finally eating late at night back in my hotel room.

I'm doing an angry face, not too angry but maybe scary.
IMG_7496.JPG

IMG_7497.JPG

At least the dog was nice and big. I probably would try the slightly annoyed dog next time. And YES, I put ketchup on it. I like ketchup on my hot dogs. My husband says it is a no-no (he is originally from Illinois) and tells me people shouldn't put ketchup on and no one does in Chicago. Well, my mom grew up in Chicago and put ketchup on her hot dog so whatever Brad!
At Angry Dogs there are different spiced sauces to put on the dogs, I don't remember what they were.
IMG_7498.JPG

I did stop at another Food and Wine booth and got the garlic mac and cheese which I liked in March. I found a nice bench and enjoyed my mac and cheese. I stayed here for about 40 minutes enjoying the area and a swing band started playing at the stage nearby and I listened to their set. Very good. The band was the Phat Cat Swingers.
IMG_7499.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

Eventually I moved on to my fast pass for Soarin'.

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Saturday April 20 2019

On the way to Soarin I decided to get something a little sweet to eat and got a chocolate peanut butter caramel parfait at the Golden Dreams Food & Wine booth and took the little trail behind Grizzly River to enjoy it.

IMG_7504.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

I ended up in the Circle again after Soarin'
IMG_1197.JPG

And headed back to Guardians with a fast pass. I noticed over the construction wall that only the bathrooms still remain in the old Bug's Land.
IMG_1198.JPG

I wanted to attend the 3 pm showing of Frozen and soon the doors were going to open so I got in line and enjoyed some of the posters in the queue area.
IMG_1199.JPG

I sat in the lower level and enjoyed the show.
IMG_1201.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

MinnieM123

Yes, that's very scary!! :hilarious:

I can't believe all that you've done so far -- talk about Shirley status with the low crowd levels, huh?! :joyfull: I like all the food pictures, too. :hungry: (Except, Brad is right--no ketchup on a hot dog, please. :cautious: )

susan lees

Saturday April 20, 2019

After working up an appetite on Mania I decided to try Angry Dogs. I debated about if I should get the slightly annoyed dog or the angry dog, one is more spicy than the other. In the end I went with the angry one. It was spicy too, but not flaming spicy. It came with chips, I asked if I could get it for a reduced price without the chips. But the answer was no. The one I purchased came with flaming hot Cheetos (gross), so I asked if I could get the regular Lays instead. I figured if I was paying for the chips even if I didn't want them right now, I might as well get ones I would actually eat. And I was able to get the regular chips, which I ended up toting around all day and finally eating late at night back in my hotel room.

View attachment 376494

View attachment 376495

At least the dog was nice and big. I probably would try the slightly annoyed dog next time. And YES, I put ketchup on it. I like ketchup on my hot dogs. My husband says it is a no-no (he is originally from Illinois) and tells me people shouldn't put ketchup on and no one does in Chicago. Well, my mom grew up in Chicago and put ketchup on her hot dog so whatever Brad!
At Angry Dogs there are different spiced sauces to put on the dogs, I don't remember what they were.
View attachment 376497

I did stop at another Food and Wine booth and got the garlic mac and cheese which I liked in March. I found a nice bench and enjoyed my mac and cheese. I stayed here for about 40 minutes enjoying the area and a swing band started playing at the stage nearby and I listened to their set. Very good. The band was the Phat Cat Swingers.
View attachment 376498

View attachment 376499

View attachment 376500

View attachment 376501

View attachment 376502

Eventually I moved on to my fast pass for Soarin'.
I like ketchup and mustard on my hotdog but hey I'm from Scotland so what do I know 😂😂😂

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
View attachment 377376
You forgot my favorite from Guardians stand-by line!!
View attachment 377377
These guys are a close second...hehe :inlove:

So impressed with the lack of crowds while you were there!!
I like the cosmo dog too, but I didn't take a picture this time. I have plenty, I made myself take pictures of other things in the queue! Ha! The bird things are kind of cool to watch.

Top Bottom