• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report 2018-2019 A Year in the Land (Disneyland)...a multi-trip report

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Friday April 19, 2019

After lunch I headed over to it's a small world, then did some shopping on Main Street before heading back to the hotel for a nap.
IMG_7386.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7390.JPG

IMG_7391.JPG

Yes, I bought a spirit jersey for my dog. It fits her perfectly and she hates wearing it. She looks adorable in it though.
IMG_7392.JPG

And I found the Mickey egg in the pin shop.
IMG_0976.JPG

Matt and Kelly

Finally all caught up! I can’t believe how much you were able to get accomplished on your first night. It’s surprising how low the crowds were for Easter!
This winter was one of our coldest too. In February I don’t think we spent a day under -30, but unlucky for us we don’t get snow/cold days 🥶
I love the dog spirit jersey! It suits him well.
Kelly

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Finally all caught up! I can’t believe how much you were able to get accomplished on your first night. It’s surprising how low the crowds were for Easter!
This winter was one of our coldest too. In February I don’t think we spent a day under -30, but unlucky for us we don’t get snow/cold days 🥶
I love the dog spirit jersey! It suits him well.
Kelly
I was surprised at what I was able to get done that first night too. Actually during the whole trip I expected big crowds but was happy that crowds weren't as high as I expected.

And this winter was pretty unusual for us, we basically had no snow until the last week of January and then everything hit...snow, ice & bitter cold. I'm just glad it is gone.

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Friday April 19, 2019

Back to Disneyland after a much needed nap. I made it back to the park about 10 minutes before the Soundsational parade was due to arrive on Main Street. There was plenty of space up at the train station so I went up there and stood by a rail and enjoyed the parade. I didn't take too many pictures of it, I just wanted to enjoy it. I did end up livestreaming some of it on Facebook so Brad could enjoy it before he started his Good Friday service back home.

IMG_7396.JPGIMG_7398.JPGIMG_7401.JPGIMG_0988.JPGIMG_0989.JPGIMG_0990.JPGIMG_0993.JPGIMG_0994.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Friday April 19, 2019

After Soundsational I checked out the Disneyana shop and the display for the new Aladdin movie. I may have touched the magic carpet, it was really thick. Then I watched the flag retreat before using a fast pass for Buzz. As I entered the Buzz building I looked up and the sky had some cool puffy clouds, so that's why there is a picture of that.

IMG_0995.JPGIMG_0996.JPGIMG_0997.JPGIMG_0998.JPGIMG_1003.JPGIMG_1005.JPGIMG_1007.JPGIMG_7402.JPG

Time for dinner at the Hungry Bear!
IMG_7406.JPG

Darstarr

Thanks for the submarine pictures. I missed it when you origionally posted because I was a bit preoccupied. (In a good way🏰)
The pictures in front of The Golden Horseshoe....flashback! The Golden Horseshoe was the first place my mom would always drag us so we could make a lunch reservation (pre ADR). Yes, we rope dropped the Golden Horseshoe
Every
Single
Time

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Friday April 19, 2019

I had decided to try the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package. I decided to try this for a couple reasons: I had never done this package, it is the cheapest of the dining packages, and I didn't fancy going to Blue Bayou or River Belle on my own. The menu options seemed ok but I wanted french fires and they could sub in fries for the kale quinoa salad that came with the ribs on the Fantasmic menu. So I ordered off the regular menu. I went with a BBQ type burger. It was fine but the jalapeno relish was gross and the ciabatta bread just didn't work for me as the bun, it was too chewy and too much bread so I went bun less. But the french fries really hit the spot and I was really diggin' them for some reason so in the end I was happy with my meal.

IMG_1010.JPG

The view from the Hungry Bear was fantastic too. I sent Brad a couple pictures, he was jealous of the view.

IMG_7404.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

It was a very relaxing place to sit and unwind. I also spotted a canoe full of cast members in the trees by Tom Sawyer Island.

IMG_1009.JPG

And saw a boat I'd never seen on the Rivers of America before.
IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

After dinner I decided since I was in "bear" country that I should go on Winnie the Pooh, and I said hello to Max, Buff, and Melvin (leftovers from the Country Bears) on the wall in the attraction. I also went to the sweet shop in that area and grabbed a chocolate peanut butter sandwich to eat as my dessert while I watched Fantasmic later. Then I decided to take a ride on on the rails from New Orleans Square.
IMG_1019.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Friday April 19, 2019

A view of from the train...look at all those strollers!
IMG_1021.JPG

When I got back to New Orleans Square, I popped into the Haunted Mansion and then wandered around for awhile. I got to my Fantasmic spot about 15 mintues before show time. There was still a lot of room in the Hungry Bear section. I positioned myself in front of a garbage can in the area so I didn't have to worry about anyone behind me. I ended up with plenty of space to stretch my legs sometimes too. Overall the Hungry Bear package was a good deal for this Fantasmic viewing.

IMG_7417.JPG

Time for dessert!
IMG_7416.JPG

Time for the show!
IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay but I'm going to try to get in a update post to finish Friday April 19 before my family shows up for a cook out....

Finishing up Fantasmic. I really enjoyed the show more than usual, maybe it was the peanut butter chocolate sandwich I ate, maybe it was the extra space I had around me, maybe it was that I purposely didn't try to take many pictures or maybe all of those things. Anyway, it is always a must do for me in Disneyland, in Hollywood Studios, meh not so much. Although the seating situation at HS is much better.
IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

And I stuck around the area to see Mickey's Mix Magic. I know people have panned this show online but personally I love it, such fun music. Although the Rivers area is not my favorite spot for this show, that is Main Street and small world.
IMG_7420.JPG

IMG_1068.JPGIMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

Then I took a spin on Big Thunder and moseyed on Big THunder trail. I tried to take the trail as often as I could and enjoy the peace of the area as much as possible because I knew that on my next trip and in future trips it will never be quiet again because of Galaxy's Edge (sigh).
IMG_1082.JPG

When I took this my eyes deceived me and it looked fine on the small camera screen, but as you see it was blurry.
IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Friday April 19, 2019

I wandered around the rest of the evening, finishing in Tomorrowland until park close which was 11pm. I did ride Buzz about 5 times in a row with no wait, the last two times the cast members let me stay in my space ship which was super cool. Then as I exited the attraction the last round the park had closed and I took a couple pictures of an emptying Tomorrowland which always seems super packed.

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

Top Bottom