2017 NCAA Football Thread

Dad 2 M & M

This past year? Probably a few could run the table with how weak that schedule was.
Heard that...was thinkin Clemson, Oklahoma, would have no problem...the Tide could have played a better out conference match up than FSU.....Bama wasn't any good this year...we all know that

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
The new Mercedes Stadium has supreme issues....most know the retractable roof has issues with operation, but most are not aware is LEAKS too. There is also an access issue with getting halftime show on and off the field. I do want to point out the Bama and Georgia Band (while the network broadcasters discussed the 1st half) both played BEFORE that pitiful halftime show was aired......I don't thnk the Bama/Georgia Bands were broadcast at all?
Thank you! We love our football down here. I don't see them ever letting two SEC teams in again, so maybe Clemson or FSU can make it again and keep the Southeast with multiple teams.

Still don't see expansion happnin.....at least not to 8, maybe 6...
The only performer I saw was some hip hop guy. I turned it off.

I’ll say one thing about Bama’s schedule, I don’t think Saban will want to keep hearing the critism. He’ll switch it up.

My prediction- Bama starts preseason ranked #1. OSU #2.

Dad 2 M & M

The only performer I saw was some hip hop guy. I turned it off.

I’ll say one thing about Bama’s schedule, I don’t think Saban will want to keep hearing the critism. He’ll switch it up.

My prediction- Bama starts preseason ranked #1. OSU #2.
Don't forget, as it is easy too lose sight Bama began this season with then #3 FSU....with FSU being one of the favorites to win the Big One...many were saying the loser of that game could still make the Playoff by winning out...Bama begins '18 in Orlando Kick off against Louisville...

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
This past year? Probably a few could run the table with how weak that schedule was.
Strongly doubt that, but you may go ahead and believe that. There’s a reason why UGA and Bama played in the championship game. Now, if you want give either one of the your favorite teams’ schedule Bama at least runs right through it.

Dad 2 M & M

Strongly doubt that, but you may go ahead and believe that. There’s a reason why UGA and Bama played in the championship game. Now, if you want give either one of the your favorite teams’ schedule Bama at least runs right through it.
Bama opens against Louisville Labor day weekend at the Camping World Kick off...in Orlando. Might take in the game and the Magic as well.....Bama always picks a cream puff to begin the season...FSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, and USC to name a few of those gimme wins....extra-gimme opening game wins recently were Virginia Tech and West Virginia

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Bama opens against Louisville Labor day weekend at the Camping World Kick off...in Orlando. Might take in the game and the Magic as well.....Bama always picks a cream puff to begin the season...FSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, and USC to name a few of those gimme wins....extra-gimme opening game wins recently were Virginia Tech and West Virginia
Not sure any of the teams you named are cream puffs. Bama possibly made them look that way. Bama is just that good right now. Beating USC by 60 points is nothing to scoff at. Think about it, we just beat the number team pretty badly and they didn’t even sniff the end zone.

21stamps

Original Poster

Bama’s schedule doesn’t get criticized for having FSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, it USC. There is a lot of deserved criticism for their SoS.. but I think you named the wrong opponents. ;)

Dad 2 M & M

Bama’s schedule doesn’t get criticized for having FSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, it USC. There is a lot of deserved criticism for their SoS.. but I think you named the wrong opponents. ;)
Ya think?:cool: .... thought the sarcasm WAS OBVIOUS ...... Dah hee HEE

Remind me of Clemson's schedule? Okie? OSU? Having 2nd tier teams ranked in the Top 25 helps the SoS of the Big Ten and ACC...how many SEC Teams are ranked 15-25? Those bottom two quintiles of the Top 25 are filled with Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC Teams for the sole purpose of helping SoS of those three conferences.....

Dad 2 M & M

Not sure any of the teams you named are cream puffs. Bama possibly made them look that way. Bama is just that good right now. Beating USC by 60 points is nothing to scoff at. Think about it, we just beat the number team pretty badly and they didn’t even sniff the end zone.
Only cream puffs when Bama plays them.....SoS for everyone else;)

Remind me of the #1 Team's (you left out the "#1" above) SoS? Didn't the Polls have Wake Forest ranked for one week and one week only? Just so that #1 team would have a better SoS? That was comical!

The only teams that has a shot at Bama were from the SEC......no one else showed up....not the then #3 FSU, or the #1 Clemson.....

No one even sees the end of Bama's season had only one EASY game, and that was Clemson.....LSU, MSU, Auburn, and Georgia all played Bama tough...and made many question if Bama was legit.....Clemson showed who wasn't....Georgia would have clobbered um too

Dad 2 M & M

Bama would, Georgia would, Auburn would, and LSU, MSU, Texas A & M, Arkansas wouldn't have to run through it if they were in another conference......a 1 Loss Big 10, Pac 10, or Big 12 gets in every time.....none of those conferences cooperated this year and they forced the committee's hand..... wait, forgot about Okie, and Wisconsin.....never again will they allow 2 SEC teams embarrass everyone else.....and EXPANSION isn't COMING

Too many bowls were already selling for under face....a third round of the playoff would make it worse

SEC my friend

21stamps

Original Poster
Ya think?:cool: .... thought the sarcasm WAS OBVIOUS ...... Dah hee HEE

Remind me of Clemson's schedule? Okie? OSU? Having 2nd tier teams ranked in the Top 25 helps the SoS of the Big Ten and ACC...how many SEC Teams are ranked 15-25? Those bottom two quintiles of the Top 25 are filled with Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC Teams for the sole purpose of helping SoS of those three conferences.....

I’m confused, you’re saying that Bama’s schedule was harder/higher ranked than than the leaders in the Big 10, Big 12?

1-14 after the championship-
SEC is the majority of the list?

239E26D6-C589-4E33-A9B8-709D92529630.jpeg

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Bama would, Georgia would, Auburn would, and LSU, MSU, Texas A & M, Arkansas wouldn't have to run through it if they were in another conference......a 1 Loss Big 10, Pac 10, or Big 12 gets in every time.....none of those conferences cooperated this year and they forced the committee's hand..... wait, forgot about Okie, and Wisconsin.....never again will they allow 2 SEC teams embarrass everyone else.....and EXPANSION isn't COMING

Too many bowls were already selling for under face....a third round of the playoff would make it worse

SEC my friend
Expansion isn’t happening any time soon. It would water down the product anyway.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Only cream puffs when Bama plays them.....SoS for everyone else;)

Remind me of the #1 Team's (you left out the "#1" above) SoS? Didn't the Polls have Wake Forest ranked for one week and one week only? Just so that #1 team would have a better SoS? That was comical!

The only teams that has a shot at Bama were from the SEC......no one else showed up....not the then #3 FSU, or the #1 Clemson.....

No one even sees the end of Bama's season had only one EASY game, and that was Clemson.....LSU, MSU, Auburn, and Georgia all played Bama tough...and made many question if Bama was legit.....Clemson showed who wasn't....Georgia would have clobbered um too
It took a decimated Bama team on defense for those teams to have a chance. Auburn finally broke through but that’s after so many injuries. When Bama was healthy they beat the top and won it all. Clemson beat Auburn so I just don’t see your argument with that.

Dad 2 M & M

I’m confused, you’re saying that Bama’s schedule was harder/higher ranked than than the leaders in the Big 10, Big 12?

1-14 after the championship-
SEC is the majority of the list?

View attachment 268411
I'm saying? ...according to everyone....Alabama is the one who had the easy schedule....Bama's schedule included these teams from the final rankings - Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, LSU, and Miss State....

My point was, during the season, the teams ranked 15-25 included many more Big Ten, Big Twelve, and ACC, with very few SEC teams.

Dad 2 M & M

It took a decimated Bama team on defense for those teams to have a chance. Auburn finally broke through but that’s after so many injuries. When Bama was healthy they beat the top and won it all. Clemson beat Auburn so I just don’t see your argument with that.
You think Clemson would have beaten Auburn at the end of the season? Likewise, you think Clemson would have beaten FSU that badly in the Kick off Classic? Bad enough to end FSU's season?

Part of my point was Bama had only one breather at the end on the season, and that was the Sugar Bowl and their dominance of Clemson......BTW, most "experts had Clemson beating Bama....Vegas had Bama favored

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
You think Clemson would have beaten Auburn at the end of the season? Likewise, you think Clemson would have beaten FSU that badly in the Kick off Classic? Bad enough to end FSU's season?

Part of my point was Bama had only one breather at the end on the season, and that was the Sugar Bowl and their dominance of Clemson......BTW, most "experts had Clemson beating Bama....Vegas had Bama favored
I think I was confused at the beginning. I understand where you are coming from now. I do still think Clemson would have beaten Auburn though. I don’t believe Auburn would be within two touchdowns of a healthy Bama team.

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm saying? ...according to everyone....Alabama is the one who had the easy schedule....Bama's schedule included these teams from the final rankings - Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, LSU, and Miss State....

My point was, during the season, the teams ranked 15-25 included many more Big Ten, Big Twelve, and ACC, with very few SEC teams.

I don’t know.. I’m trying to remember back and I don’t remember the SEC dominating the top 15 spots.

I also don’t know what would have happened if X Team played Y Team. I think it’s almost impossible to say what an outcome would have been. There was way too many upsets to assume anything imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom