2017 NCAA Football Thread

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You think Clemson would have beaten Auburn at the end of the season? Likewise, you think Clemson would have beaten FSU that badly in the Kick off Classic? Bad enough to end FSU's season?

Part of my point was Bama had only one breather at the end on the season, and that was the Sugar Bowl and their dominance of Clemson......BTW, most "experts had Clemson beating Bama....Vegas had Bama favored

What ended FSU's season was the loss of our quarterback in that game. Francois not having a season ending injury would have played out much differently for the Noles. Whether or not we'd lost to Alabama.

Dad 2 M & M

I think I was confused at the beginning. I understand where you are coming from now. I do still think Clemson would have beaten Auburn though. I don’t believe Auburn would be within two touchdowns of a healthy Bama team.
Remember, Bama's offense was stale at the end of the season.......defense being banged up lost the Iron Bowl, but the offense didn't do anything either. It is possible a healthy defense would have scored and maybe your within two touchdowns would have been reality....defense beat Clemson, not offense, so you might be right

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t know.. I’m trying to remember back and I don’t remember the SEC dominating the top 15 spots.

I also don’t know what would have happened if X Team played Y Team. I think it’s almost impossible to say what an outcome would have been. There was way too many upsets to assume anything imo.
I still may not being making my point (I'm terrible at illustrating sometimes). A teams's strength of schedule is partially based the rankings of opponents played. My conspiracy is the polls "artificially" rank Big Ten, Big Twelve, and ACC teams 15-25 even when they are not deserving.....all to benefit the other team's in those leagues strength of schedule. You rarely see a second rate SEC team ranked 15-25

Dad 2 M & M

What ended FSU's season was the loss of our quarterback in that game. Francois not having a season ending injury would have played out much differently for the Noles. Whether or not we'd lost to Alabama.
Francois had already throw 3 interceptions (maybe on consecutive drives in the 2nd half?)....anywho, not sure you would have lived up to your #3 ranking...definitely would not have had as lousy of a season

Never lose your passion and always demand a championship....peeps in Bama will tell you 5 of the last 9 is NOT enough

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Francois had already throw 3 interceptions (maybe on consecutive drives in the 2nd half?)....anywho, not sure you would have lived up to your #3 ranking...definitely would not have had as lousy of a season

Never lose your passion and always demand a championship....peeps in Bama will tell you 5 of the last 9 is NOT enough

Agree on the ranking. But if Francois hadn't gone down - for which I blame Jumbo, since the game was lost by then and he should have been pulled - we wouldn't have lost to NC State, Miami, BC and Louisville.

21stamps

Original Poster
I still may not being making my point (I'm terrible at illustrating sometimes). A teams's strength of schedule is partially based the rankings of opponents played. My conspiracy is the polls "artificially" rank Big Ten, Big Twelve, and ACC teams 15-25 even when they are not deserving.....all to benefit the other team's in those leagues strength of schedule. You rarely see a second rate SEC team ranked 15-25

Ok, I understand what you’re saying now.. but I’m confused.

Here’s Week 4 2017 for example.. you’re saying 15-25 is there to prop up the non SEC teams? I guess I’m asking what you think the ranking should have been, and why you feel they’re wrong or used in that way.

EED79E5A-6EAA-42E7-A8F7-52C9A42ADF13.jpeg

Dad 2 M & M

Ok, I understand what you’re saying now.. but I’m confused.

Here’s Week 4 2017 for example.. you’re saying 15-25 is there to prop up the non SEC teams? I guess I’m asking what you think the ranking should have been, and why you feel they’re wrong or used in that way.

View attachment 269736
Just Checked 15 - 25 after week 4:

Week 5 - Florida 21, Miss State 24, LSU 25
Week 6 - Florida 21
Week 7 - 0 SEC Teams
Week 8 - Auburn 21, LSU 24 - remember Auburn's 2 losses are to LSU and Clemson.....could really go off the deep end here and suggest they ranked Auburn for CLEMSON'S benefit
Week 9 - Auburn 19, LSU 23
Week 10 - Auburn 21, LSU 24
Week 11 - Miss State 16, LSU 19 (Auburn now 14)
Week 12 - Miss State 16, LSU 20
Week 13 - LSU 18, South Carolina 24 (Alabama SoS being heavily questioned now)
Week 14 - LSU 17, Miss State 23 (Alabama SoS being heavily questioned now) Michigan State, Northwestern, NC State, and Va Tech Ranked
Week 15 - LSU 16, South Carolina 24 - Michigan State, Northwestern, NC State, and Va Tech Ranked

Recall there was a campaign to get BOTH Clemson and the U in at this point in the season (the U ended that by losing the last week of the regular season) ..... NC State and Va Tech?

Wasn't as bad as my instinct told me it was.......maybe the SEC is overrated and the committee blew it last year....should have just went back to the BCS days and put Clemson and Oklahoma in the championship......but everyone demanded expansion....and most want another round :jawdrop:

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Wasn't as bad as my instinct told me it was.......maybe the SEC is overrated and the committee blew it last year....should have just went back to the BCS days and put Clemson and Oklahoma in the championship......but everyone demanded expansion....and most want another round :jawdrop:
They got it right. The people got what they wanted too. I do miss the BCS. The regular season had more of an importance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom