2017 NCAA Football Thread

GeoDonJac34

I was at Disney for OSU’s blackout game 2 years ago.. and for the OSU Mich game last year. Team gear on.. watched the game.. went out afterwards. So much fun!!! People high fiving and joking all around.
Going to try to sneak away to catch some of the game, but wedding anniversary is that day, so might be difficult. Will have my PSU gear on though.

21stamps

Original Poster
I’ll come back tomorrow to give my thoughts of today’s games.. but had to stop by and post this-

2830DC22-7651-405E-A544-C2BB8751BD56.jpeg
8CCF8C7C-30DB-4828-A911-793D2EDCF144.jpeg
FEB0CD53-B90C-4D79-841C-655425B97153.jpeg

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Still hate the Gators though :)

Oh this gave me a great laugh today. It's ok I still hate the Ohio State Coach (I dare not speak his name). Well Florida fired their Coach this weekend. Personally I don't agree with it, but I'm just a fan. I guess we get to hit the reset button again on the Florida program.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
FSU will definitely see some coaching changes next year. Will that include the top spot? Hope an OC is hired - Jimbo shouldn't be doing both...

Hinwill

Football fans are so fickle nowadays. While UFla coach has more going on behind the scenes, Jimbo is a proven winner. He won the NC not too long ago. Just ask Tennessee what happens when you fire a winning coach.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Football fans are so fickle nowadays. While UFla coach has more going on behind the scenes, Jimbo is a proven winner. He won the NC not too long ago. Just ask Tennessee what happens when you fire a winning coach.

Trickett needs to go...we've said that for several years. And Kelly, too. But we need an OC. Which Jimbo was when he was first hired at FSU. Bobby never had dual rolls. And we lost to a former OC who coached a Heisman winner and an undefeated wire to wire season. Like I said, there will be coaching changes.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wow, that was a wild day in college football yesterday. Several unexpected losses, several close wins. But more importantly, the Seminoles finally won at home, in spite of trying to lose the game in the last few minutes. Yeah, we waited to win at home until November. With 3 games left....

21stamps

Original Poster
I’m still in shock. Give me a few more days before I can properly comment on college football again.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Woo hoo, FSU has rescheduled the cancelled ULM game to December 2, at noon. We need this game if we want to be bowl eligible this year. But that means beating Clemson Saturday....as an 18 point underdog. But, hey, if Iowa can do the unexpected......

@JohnD, sideline tickets are $30.

JohnD

Woo hoo, FSU has rescheduled the cancelled ULM game to December 2, at noon. We need this game if we want to be bowl eligible this year. But that means beating Clemson Saturday....as an 18 point underdog. But, hey, if Iowa can do the unexpected......

@JohnD, sideline tickets are $30.

I hate noon games. You have to go so early. But I haven't been to a game yet, so maybe. I'll be away with family in Jax for Thanksgiving. I could drive to Gainesville to see the UF-FSU game. It will be like Romper Room. We could make it flag football and give everyone a trophy for participating. Neither team has a right to talk smack about the other this year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I hate noon games. You have to go so early. But I haven't been to a game yet, so maybe. I'll be away with family in Jax for Thanksgiving. I could drive to Gainesville to see the UF-FSU game. It will be like Romper Room. We could make it flag football and give everyone a trophy for participating. Neither team has a right to talk smack about the other this year.

I'm going to assume the Florida game will also be a noon one, since neither of us have a stellar season. But I hate going to Gainesville. FSU fans always get crappy seats in the end zone. And then there's those Gator fans to deal with.....

JohnD

I'm going to assume the Florida game will also be a noon one, since neither of us have a stellar season. But I hate going to Gainesville. FSU fans always get crappy seats in the end zone. And then there's those Gator fans to deal with.....

Yeah. I'd rather watch from the comfort of my parents' house.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah. I'd rather watch from the comfort of my parents' house.

Better food, better bathrooms, alcohol and no Gator fans to deal with. Unless your Jax family are Gators. Jax is Gator Land Jr.

JohnD

Better food, better bathrooms, alcohol and no Gator fans to deal with. Unless your Jax family are Gators. Jax is Gator Land Jr.

Oh no. Bulldog fans all the way. Mom's entire side of the family went there. Although my Dad is kind of a Gator fan out of respect for his father / my grandfather who went to UF.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh no. Bulldog fans all the way. Mom's entire side of the family went there. Although my Dad is kind of a Gator fan out of respect for his father / my grandfather who went to UF.

Your parents must be in heaven, then. Hope the Dawgs take the SEC this year. So tired of the Tide.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Your parents must be in heaven, then. Hope the Dawgs take the SEC this year. So tired of the Tide.

Alabama are the New England Patriots of the SEC....super easy schedule every year with a threat or 2 sprinkled in so they're in title contention every year.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Alabama are the New England Patriots of the SEC....super easy schedule every year with a threat or 2 sprinkled in so they're in title contention every year.
Lies! And it shows you didn’t do any research on schedules. This year though kinda not as hard, but Bama just played back to back ranked teams with one more to go.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Lies! And it shows you didn’t do any research on schedules. This year though kinda not as hard, but Bama just played back to back ranked teams with one more to go.

3 of Alabama's 10 wins this year so far were legit threats, if you're looking at their win-loss records. The other 7? Not so much, and their next game is against Mercer.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
3 of Alabama's 10 wins this year so far were legit threats, if you're looking at their win-loss records. The other 7? Not so much, and their next game is against Mercer.
You are taking a snap shot of an extremely small portion though. Mercer? Bama has always scheduled that game and even with that game their schedule is still ranked very high if not as high as it has been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom