2016 Year End Event - Eisner's Game: An Imagineering Competition

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Coming Early December...

screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-3-27-57-pm-png.171710

THIS IS THE YEAR END EVENT

Backstory

To: The Sweet 16

Welcome Imagineers. You have been selected as the best (armchair) Imagineers of 2016. Therefore, as left in a document by former CEO Michael Eisner, please comply with the following:

As soon as the science of Cryogenically Freezing is perfected. We must send our finest to the future. In the future, they need to learn as much about what went good and bad for the company in the way of attractions and movies. Then using future technology, they are to report back to our time and inform us of how the company should proceed. Amendment: Imagineer @tcool123 has invented Time Travel in 2016, so it is possible for Imagineers to return home. This technology will hopefully be perfected in the future.

You’ll be back before civilization knows it. Hopefully…

To be unlocked in 45 years

Competition Elements
-So obviously there are more IPs to work with in the future which we don't know of right now. Which is why we have the Movies thread. ANYONE can post an idea for a movie (short description of characters and plots) in this thread and then use it to design rides, lands, etc. the catch is anyone can use a movie idea that is posted here.
-Anyone can sign up now!
-Round one will be a collaborative brainstorm. All 16 competitors will work together to design a _____. The 4-6 members who were not pulling their weight (as deemed by me and the judges) will be eliminated.
-Round two everyone will be divided into teams based off of their rank. These teams will be as evenly split as possible.
-The winning team from round two will be separated and given a new prompt from which one victor will be determined
-Everyone can suggest prompts to me via PM. Not all prompts will be used, but some will. What prompts are decided will not be known until the competition.

Current Roster

@spacemt354
@tcool123
@mickeyfan5534
@CraniumCommand89
@KingOfEpicocity
@MonorailRed
@RMichael21
@IDInstitute
@Magic Feather
@kermet
@DSquared
@David2319
@SplashZander
@JokersWild
@FigmentPigments

Last edited:

RMichael21

Coming Early December...

screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-3-27-57-pm-png.171710

THIS IS THE YEAR END EVENT

Backstory

To: The Sweet 16

Welcome Imagineers. You have been selected as the best (armchair) Imagineers of 2016. Therefore, as left in a document by former CEO Michael Eisner, please comply with the following:

You’ll be back before civilization knows it. Hopefully…

Competition Elements
-So obviously there are more IPs to work with in the future which we don't know of right now. Which is why we have the Movies thread. ANYONE can post an idea for a movie (short description of characters and plots) in this thread and then use it to design rides, lands, etc. the catch is anyone can use a movie idea that is posted here.
-Top 16 form teams of 4 based on their ranks (1-4 on Team A, 5-8 on Team B, 9-12 on Team C, and 13-16 on Team D). Then after two rounds, the winning team would be divided into individuals and the top four would battle it out for the spot of grand champion.
-Everyone should suggest prompts down below which somewhat fit with the backstory. Not all prompts will be used, but some will. What prompts are decided will not be known until te first competition.
So, this is my suggestion. People who are in the competition shouldn't create the concepts. I think that's something you should do yourself, so that way everyone has a level playing field going into the event.

Though, if you want help, either ask people who have no chance of making it or someone willing to give up their spot to help?

But, I'd recommend for a year-end event type competition keeping the prompts broad without any specific requirement like making a video (looking at you Elite 8 I) or a sentence limit. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
So, this is my suggestion. People who are in the competition shouldn't create the concepts. I think that's something you should do yourself, so that way everyone has a level playing field going into the event.

Though, if you want help, either ask people who have no chance of making it or someone willing to give up their spot to help?

But, I'd recommend for a year-end event type competition keeping the prompts broad without any specific requirement like making a video (looking at you Elite 8 I) or a sentence limit. :)
Well if everyone suggests topics that they would like to see in the competition, and then the competitors vote on it as whole, then not only does it make it a more interactive process, but people get to do what they want in the year end event.

We did the same thing for the House Cup and it worked out fine.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Well if everyone suggests topics that they would like to see in the competition, and then the competitors vote on it as whole, then not only does it make it a more interactive process, but people get to do what they want in the year end event.

We did the same thing for the House Cup and it worked out fine.

Well, one of things I was talking to space and red about is the concept of having Teams 1 v 4 who are facing each other in a bracket have one prompt, while teams 2 and 3 have another prompt. This allows for consistent grading, as it is duel based, and the prompts can be selected so that the person who designed it is not having to answer it.

RMichael21

Well, one of things I was talking to space and red about is the concept of having Teams 1 v 4 who are facing each other in a bracket have one prompt, while teams 2 and 3 have another prompt. This allows for consistent grading, as it is duel based, and the prompts can be selected so that the person who designed it is not having to answer it.
Oooh, I like this idea! :):D

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Tentative Schedule
097553e4ffd1c33ed2fdfccf1d0bb3d4.jpg

Sign Up Before Nov. 30th. We will be capping contestants at 16, but anyone can sign up. (Don’t worry - rank will still play role ;) )

Dec 1st - Round One Begins -The Academy - For this round, everyone will be on a team of 16. The 4-6 contestants who me (and the other judges) deem is not pulling their weight will be eliminated.

Dec 8th - Round One Response Due. The Person with the Highest Number of Points is responsible for turning the project in.

Dec 9th - Results

Dec 10th - Round Two Begins - Battle School - For this round, the 10-12 contestants will be divided into teams (determined by points) of 3-4. Only one team will advance.

Dec 15th - Projects Due

Dec 16th - Results

Dec 17th - Round Three Begins - Command School - The winning team will be divided into individuals and compete for the title of Grand Champion

Dec 30th - Projects Due

Dec 31st - Results

Last edited:

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Sign-Ups are open from now until November 30th!

Here is the current point standings - congrats to all the players this year - hope to see you in the competition!

1. @spacemt354 (58 Points)
2. @RMichael21 (53 Points)
3. @IAmNotAHufflepuff (50 Points)
4. @DSquared (47 Points)
5. @Flippin'Flounder (45 Points)
6. @mickeyfan5534 (39 Points)
7. @FigmentPigments (38 Points)
8. @tcool123 (36 Points)
9. @TheOriginalTiki (34 Points)
10. @MonorailRed (32 Points)
11. @KingOfEpicocity (31 Points)
12. @IDInstitute (30 Points)
13. @JokersWild (29 Points)
14T. @Sam4D23 (23 Points)
14T. @Matt7187 (23 Points)
16T. @Brer Panther (21 Point)
16T. @disneydf (21 Points)
18T. @deere839 (20 Points)
18T. @Fox&Hound (20 Points)
18T. @Tony the Tigger (20 Points)
21T. @Angels and Disney's (19 Points)
21T. @Poe Dameron (19 Points)
23T. @David2319 (18 Points)
23T. @DlpPhantom (18 Points)
25T. @Disney Dad 3000 (16 Points)
25T. @ToInfinityAndBeyond (16 Points)
25T. @captainmoch (16 Points)
25T. @Voxel (16 Points)
29. @Ranky64 (15 Points)
30T. @BNImagineer (14 Points)
30T. @OvertheHorizon (14 Points)
30T. @Crazydisneyfanluke (14 Points)
30T. @orlando678- (14 Points)
30T. @OwlSong74 (14 Points)
30T. @Basketbuddy101 (14 Points)
30T. @MANEATINGWREATH (14 Points)
37T. @The90skid (12 Points)
37T. @kmbmw777 (12 Points)
37T. @GrandCanyonConcourse (12 Points)
37T. @DarthMileZ (12 Points)
37T. @Steel City Magic (12 Points)
37T. @Adam Snider (12 Points)
37T. @SimulatedIntelligentRobot (12 Points)
37T. @GrumpyFan (12 Points)
45T. @SandyClaws (10 Points)
45T. @DuckTalesWooHoo1987 (10 Points)
45T. @fox_198 (10 Points)
48T. @englanddg (8 Points)
48T. @Mattyice16 (8 Points)
48T. @mimitchi33 (8 Points)
48T. @MCParradox (8 Points)
48T. @GMR710 (8 Points)
53T. @AdventurerEllie (6 Points)
53T. @ctxak98 (6 Points)
55T. @MA Screamin' (4 Points)
55T. @disneyforever101396 (4 Points)
57. @Perry2x2 (3 Points)
58T. @DisneyPrincess1993 (0 Points)
58T. @iamaninsomniac (0 Points)

(Remember while anyone can join, points will help)

spacemt354

Chili's
I doubt that I will have the points, but might as well throw my name in the hat just in case!
Anyone can join! Regardless of points - the only aspect where points factor in I believe is to make the teams in round 2
Dec 10th - Round Two Begins - Battle School - For this round, the 10-12 contestants will be divided into teams (determined by points) of 3-4. Only one team will advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom