2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

HiYa Pal

dog-slap.gif

I shouldn't have to explain my objection to the Imagination point, but that Festival Center description is super redundant, what with it just being a second Land pavilion.

I do enjoy a dog that keeps his pimp hand strong!

cbconglom

Don't make me laugh. You're making a wish list.

However, I was in Epcot today and it has gone from bad to worse. If that's possible.

As for RoEs lasers however... ;)

More thoughts soon.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear your dhs thoughts. Have a good time! We just got back. I did summit plummet for the first time. That was a thrill.

HiYa Pal

Don't make me laugh. You're making a wish list.

However, I was in Epcot today and it has gone from bad to worse. If that's possible.

As for RoEs lasers however... ;)

More thoughts soon.

And? 90% of this thread is a wish list, I just did the whole park instead of one thing at a time, lol

I would be interested in your reaction to each though, as you are the EPCOT expert!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And? 90% of this thread is a wish list, I just did the whole park instead of one thing at a time, lol

I would be interested in your reaction to each though, as you are the EPCOT expert!
Pretty sure "wish list" covered his reaction....

And not just EPCOT....

BrerJon

Even though the dinosaur has stopped moving since years past, it is even worse with nothing there. They were there back on May 10th, the last time I rode it.

Creepy Ellen Robot and the snake not being in it anymore is a bit strange when in the next scene she talks about being attacked by the snake monster.

flyerjab

With everything supposedly about to break in DHS, how relevant is this topic at this point?

Aside from everyone's favorite Frozen makeover, improvements to Illuminations and the possible Soarin' expansion/plussing, what else could possibly be happening?

If anything more substantial were to begin, that would mean WDW would have major construction occurring at all 4 parks, DS and various DVC resorts. And from my limited historical understanding of how special EPCOT is to many members of these threads, substantial would mean refurbing Imagination, WOL, UoE, the descent in SSE, bringing back Horizons and adding one more country. I think we already know what to expect for EPCOT in 2015 and it certainly isn't anything from that list.

Mike S

With everything supposedly about to break in DHS, how relevant is this topic at this point?

Aside from everyone's favorite Frozen makeover, improvements to Illuminations and the possible Soarin' expansion/plussing, what else could possibly be happening?

If anything more substantial were to begin, that would mean WDW would have major construction occurring at all 4 parks, DS and various DVC resorts. And from my limited historical understanding of how special EPCOT is to many members of these threads, substantial would mean refurbing Imagination, WOL, UoE, the descent in SSE, bringing back Horizons and adding one more country. I think we already know what to expect for EPCOT in 2015 and it certainly isn't anything from that list.
I would actually be fine just with the first four. I've got no nostalgia for Horizons since I really have no memory of it and while a new country would be nice Future World needs more help.

Mike S

You might not miss Horizons, but, if done right, you sure wouldn't want to miss out on it! :D
Oh I've seen video and I know I would've loved it as a kid as much as I did Spaceship Earth. If only I had the chance. If Disney decided to pull a Universal and bring back an improved version of a removed attraction like Kong but with Horizons I certainly wouldn't complain :D

Siren

FYI, Walt Disney didn't create anything on the basis of greed.
How do you know what Walt's motivations were? Were you there? Did you have some special cubicle in the center of Walt's ventral striatum to know exactly what he was thinking? It's incredibly difficult to discuss anything with people who are so rudimentary in their thinking.

I used the word greed within its broader context of meaning and I was especially careful to prefix it as "some level" of greed for people like you, but clearly that wasn't enough. You just read the word greed and immediately associated it with Enron and Bernie Madoff -it would be funny if it weren't so sad, lol. Greed is not just financial gain -- it could be social prestige, notoriety, anything really.

Walt Disney was an amazing human being, and I admire what he has accomplished during his lifetime. But, he is not some deity, or this super being void of flaws, wants and desires.

Greed and selfishness are instinctual, it's as fundamental as food and water. Walt Disney was forced to file for bankruptcy at one point and he also created a network of dummy corporations, for the sole purpose of acquiring land as cheaply as possible -- 27,000 acres to be exact -- this is an excessive amount of land. Blackwater is another corporation that used this strategy, not for land but to secure all of those lucrative government contracts. It may not have been Walt's only motivation, but in part, he wanted to make money just like everyone else.

The ignorance in the above paragraph prevented me from reading the rest of your diatribe.
Likewise. I didn't read the rest of your little diatribe either -- the underlined simply reeks of ignorance and immaturity. It's akin to some weird, socially awkward unknown fanboy, who feels *confident* in wantonly assessing a completely random stranger over the internet as needing help, with not an ounce a formal medical training -- all due to a difference of opinion, over an unpopular, dated theme park ride that was barely ridden before Frozen anyway. LOL.

Matt_Black

Not so much greed but the desire for wealth, which in certain religions is accepted and encouraged, like Hinduism. The trick is to not seek wealth at the expense of others' well-being. As P.T. Barnum said, "The desire for wealth is nearly universal, and none can say it is not laudable, provided the possessor of it accepts its responsibilities, and uses it as a friend to humanity."

Siren

Not so much greed but the desire for wealth, which in certain religions is accepted and encouraged, like Hinduism. The trick is to not seek wealth at the expense of others' well-being. As P.T. Barnum said, "The desire for wealth is nearly universal, and none can say it is not laudable, provided the possessor of it accepts its responsibilities, and uses it as a friend to humanity."
Now, this is just too irresistible for me to ignore. This is really, really good Matt_Black and I totally agree.

Even when filing bankruptcy, one side loses while the other side gets ahead (in most instances). I don't feel that most people file bankruptcy just to cheat. In Walt's case, it did seem like he was really struggling and desperately needed a lifeline and eventually it paid off.

Back to Epcot, it's my least favorite park. I've always had an issue with Future World. I never got the "message" (if there is one) -- it's just a hodgepodge of this and that for me. We have fun there, but the other parks are better, imo.

Siren

I will be shocked if Epcot gets anything more than an atrocious frozen overlay of Maelstrom and a new Soarin' by the end of the decade

The Frozen overlay won't be atrocious. But, it does kind of irk me how Disney can justify 1.2 billion for Disneyland Paris just like that. Epcot will need to lose lots of money before we see that kind of investment.

Whether you like Frozen or not, Disney is spending some money and that speaks volumes to me. This company does not like to spend money at WDW, if it doesn't have to. They could have easily left Maelstrom in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom