2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

Progress.City

Now that the issue of climate change has finally become a bipartisan issue, maybe an educational exhibit in a new pavilion on the expansion pad between Seas and Land can focus on explaining the science of climate change and what can be done to reverse it and protect the coastal cities.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Seas; partial refurb with a meagre budget. Done on the cheap since Disney had to pay theirselves.
Land: partial refurb. LwtL is in a real mess inside.
SSE - great until they ran out of time and money from 180top to exit.
Test Track - done at Chevrolets insistence and wallet.
Imagination - enough said.
Energy - falling apart.
Innoventions - less and less to see each year. The 1994 extension is now embarassingly unable to hold anything.

Of all this stuff, the 180 top is what gets me the most. Really disheartening.

Bing Bong

OK, it's clear that you loathe something I enjoy, and there's no in between here, so I'll step away. Bye.
tumblr_mwtco7Tntn1qde4uko1_500.gif

Texas84

Now that the issue of climate change has finally become a bipartisan issue, maybe an educational exhibit in a new pavilion on the expansion pad between Seas and Land can focus on explaining the science of climate change and what can be done to reverse it and protect the coastal cities.

Uh, no.

Otterhead

Well, for what it's worth, I understand a Weather pavilion has always been mulled for Future World. I do wish that Energy didn't address climate change by just saying "it's a big issue!" and moving on.

MarkTwain

(Posted this in the Soundstage 1 thread because I'm a cotton-headed ninnymuggins)

A caution to everyone... I agree that Epcot needs changes, but I would also ask myself to what degree the current IP-obsessed Disney is truly capable of helping it.

Disney is now becoming increasingly aware themselves that the park needs help, but you can bet they have a whole new range of tactics that they wouldn't have employed in 1982. If you're a fan that would prefer an earnest, if slightly outdated ride like Maelstrom or Living Seas over rides like Nemo or Frozen.... I would be very, very careful what you wish for. The plans that *may* be formulating are probably not going to be up your alley.

Last edited:

Skippy

Yeah, Mr. Chapek taking over Parks and Resorts is making those Inside Out Imagination rumors a lot more serious sounding and that's just terrifying.
I just can't imagine Figment being removed from Epcot.. If he is removed from Imagination, he has to pop up somewhere else.

FigmentJedi

Spaceship Earth
Nah, if you had to repurpose an old Epcot character for Spaceship Earth, I'd pick this guy.
14355016386_a9751e4f68.jpg

People loved Tapestry of Nations and there are those that want it back in some form, the tune is malleable enough that it could be re-arranged into enough styles to cover Spaceship Earth's time periods, and the Sage of Time would be a pretty good way to use Ray Bradbury's original "Universal Man" concept of who the narration was coming from.

Last edited:

maddie_odair

What if they updated the Imagination ride itself and reopened the old Imageworks as an Inside Out themed playground/interactive attraction?

Haymarket2008

I hate to settle like this but if Inside Out HAS to take the Imagination pavilion then they BETTER make a glorious Jerry Rees directed Dreamfinder/Figment film in the Magic Eye Theatre. That's the only way I'd be somewhat okay with them getting kicked out of the show building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom