2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

nelsonj3

Since the haggis is not vegetarian this year what is in it? Liver? I am not a vegetarian but loved that version of it. Seeing the word traditional is freaking me out as I don’t eat liver or anything else along those lines. Anyone know what’s in this years version?

It was so crowded last night, I couldn't really see anything at that pavilion. Was anyone else there last night? It really did look a little like NYE (not quite, but close).

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
As a guy who loves F&WF and goes every year, here is what I do to minimize my urge to slug people lol.

1) Saturdays are okay...if you get out before the night. Saturday nights during F&WF are horrible drunk fests. Worst behavior I've ever seen at Disney is on a F&WF Saturday. Mostly I try to avoid Saturdays all together.
2) Start early. I love to get there as the booths open and make my way around. 11am/11:30 ish.
3) Go multiple days. I'll divide WS in half and do one half one day, the other half the other.
4) If you can go without kids the better. I go with my kids but we break it up. Older 2 go off on their own a lot. My youngest two love doing the passport things and the coloring at Kidcot stations. We just go with the flow.
5) Bring a taser if you end up there during a time like that photo up above. (I kid..I kid...)

ChrisM

View attachment 112282
Here's a photo posted by EpcotExplorer on Twitter tonight. Yikes!

I can swear I've seen that picture before...wait, it will come to me...

Munch_320px.jpg

Clamman73

Been trying Apple Pay. There are some terminals that look pretty new and work well. Very quick. The one at Mexico didn't really have it and the person was trying to scan with something else and it didn't work. But the others it's quick.

Figment2005

Just a quick update, as of this morning they were erecting a large stage where the Christmas tree goes for the holidays. I know the chew is supposed to be broadcasting from there throughout the festival, so is this stage being set up for them?

The last day of our annual passes was September 24th, just in time for the soft opening at the Food & Wine Festival. Everything went pretty well and our only disappointment was that the Artisanal cheese was sold out by the time we made it back after our trip around the World Showcase. For any one else planning on attending the soft opening next year, this year we were told upon entry to the park that it was only for the castmembers. Since we couldn't imagine Disney turning any one away and checking ID's, we weren't too concerned. A little before noon, we started near the Chew Laboratory and were told that they weren't even sure they were going to be opening, however, they did later on in the day. Same story at the new Cheese kiosk. We headed over to Scotland and while my husband waited there--hoping to be the FIRST at Scotland for the event--I headed over to Hawaii and they were open around noon. Long story short...Scotland didn't open till much later; problems with the electrical and then problems with the cash registers. Desserts & Champagne (not sure if this is the exact name) thankfully did open too later on in the day even after having problems with an ice machine functioning incorrectly. Other than that, as we started our way around the World Showcase, everything was open and every kiosk had everything available for sale. Not crowded at all and lots of places to sit and/or tables to stand at. We were even allowed to sit in roped-off areas along the water set up for some sort of premium events/seating. It was really quite fun for us and we were so glad we were able to partake even though Disney decided to start the event a week later than last year. The Festival Center, however, did not open at all that day and the only thing I really missed was the Ghirardelli booth and their fabulous liquid chocolate. Guess I'll just have to make it at home! I hope all of you enjoy the rest of the festival!

betty rose

I was at the Californa Grill not long ago with a foreign family member. She ordered the Bison Striploin well done. The server refused to put the order in that way. She insisted that the temperature be well done. The server made her chose something else from the menu since he would not serve well done bison.
I'm surprised at this. As an older customer, per Drs. instructions, only meat well done. Too much risk at my age for food born illness. Same with eggs.

tribbleorlfl

I'm surprised at this. As an older customer, per Drs. instructions, only meat well done. Too much risk at my age for food born illness. Same with eggs.
To be fair, Bison is very lean and gets EXTREMELY tough, dry and flavorless if you cook it much past medium. I applaud the CG waitstaff for being knowledgeable in their product and maintaing the quality CG is known for.

FOH Jim

Yes, the stage is for "The Chew". It will be up until the 9th-ish. I know one of the guys that supplies the crew for setup and take down. I may help take it down if my schedule permits.

BuddyThomas

I don't care what "it" is. I'm not eating any meat that still has hints of pink.
Obviously that is totally fine but you seriously might want to think about vegetarianism. I'm sure you realize that piece of well done meat was part of a cow slaughtered on a kill floor. Not making any political statement here but if the blood, pink, raw, etc bothers you that much, it might be something to think about.

adam.adbe

Not making any political statement here but if the blood, pink, raw, etc bothers you that much, it might be something to think about.

Oh, come on. Just own it: you're totally making a political statement.

There are a bunch of reasons why someone might choose to have their meat well cooked, ranging from personal taste, through not really trusting the restaurant, all the way out to actual health issues that could be badly handled or prepared meat. That's their call. Trying to paint that as being weak and somehow phony is unnecessary. Do you ask for your mushrooms to come served with side order of dung, just to be 'true' to the fungus?

BuddyThomas

Oh, come on. Just own it: you're totally making a political statement.

There are a bunch of reasons why someone might choose to have their meat well cooked, ranging from personal taste, through not really trusting the restaurant, all the way out to actual health issues that could be badly handled or prepared meat. That's their call. Trying to paint that as being weak and somehow phony is unnecessary. Do you ask for your mushrooms to come served with side order of dung, just to be 'true' to the fungus?
I couldn't care less. Just don't know why someone wants a steak that is burned to a crisp, but up to them. And totally not a political statement. My partner is the biggest carnivore I've ever met, and I haven't thrown him out of the house yet.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion of food, drink, heat, and crowds.

afb28

is it possible to ask them when you order that you want it cooked more or you are just stuck with how it's prepared?

mbtohill

What were crowds like this past weekend? Opening weekend looked insane. DW and I are going next Friday and Saturday, hoping thing calm down a little by then.

michmousefan

What were crowds like this past weekend? Opening weekend looked insane. DW and I are going next Friday and Saturday, hoping thing calm down a little by then.
Actually, I wouldn't bet on it... weekends seem pretty jammed for most of the festival nowadays. Plus next weekend is Columbus Day weekend, which some places count as a holiday weekend of sorts (somewhat inexplicably).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom