• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

flyerjab

We're you there this past Saturday? Someone on another board posted that they crowds Saturday around dinner time were very manageable. No more than 10 minutes wait for anything. We don't get to town until Thursday evening, so we'll do as much as we can on Friday and go from there I guess.
We were there on Saturday, but not in the evening. We went for the Parisian breakfast at the France Pavilion (which was quite enjoyable). Our breakfast was late and we stayed for quite some time before venturing out to DHS to do 2 quick rides (half of the park's rides). Then back to Epcot we went, only to find that it was a mob. This was early afternoon though, but you would have thought that all of Orlando was there. It was not an enjoyable experience at all when compared to Thursday afternoon. And yes, at that time there already were people there on their way to loaded-ville, USA. Quite sad really.

TBrooker11

Advertisement
Going Wednesday mainly to see Sugar Ray. What do you guys think the chances of getting a seat for all 3 shows is like? Also any other tips? First time going to Food & Wine at Epcot. Thanks!

Sonconato

Going Wednesday mainly to see Sugar Ray. What do you guys think the chances of getting a seat for all 3 shows is like? Also any other tips? First time going to Food & Wine at Epcot. Thanks!
I would have no idea since it's during the week because we, unfortunately, can only make the weekend events. You might be able to see all three shows but your seats might not be all that great. When we went to see "38 Special", we made sure to make fastpasses as early as it were possible and then, to get the best seats we could, we followed the guests that were in the first shows fastpass line so that we were first in line for the second show which we had fastpasses for. We had to stand an hour and a half but we were able to watch the first show from there and then, once seated, we couldn't get any closer. We were about 5 feet from Don Barnes! It was well worth the wait. If you try and sit to see the first show before your fastpass (if you choose to get one), you will run the risk of being way in the back of the fastpass line. It all depends on where you want to sit. If you want up front, get a fastpass, be the first in line, and first pick is yours.

mbtohill

DW and I just spent the weekend and thouroughly enjoyed ourselves as usual:

Favorite food:
Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli - Sustainable Chew
Olive Oil Poached Salmon and NY Strip - Chew Lab
Beef Tenderloin - Africa
Buttered Chicken - Africa
Lettuce Wrap - South Korea
Pork Belly - Brazil
Chicken Sausage with Polenta & Onion Jam - Canada
Everything from New Zealand
Kielbasa and Pierogi - Poland
Haggis - Scotland

We went Friday and Saturday. Crowds on Friday were totally manageable, never felt like we were overwhelmed. Saturday was a different story, by 2pm it was INSANE, we actually left for a few hours and did the Monorail Pub Crawl, which was a lot of fun. Came back for a 6:45 ADR at Spice Road and then saw The SOS Band at 8pm (THEY PUT ON A GREAT SHOW). After the concert we were able to hit a bunch of kiosks without much wait at all.

All in all, Food & Wine is still a GREAT experience. We will be back again next year, but will be sure to go during the week.

Suzanne Larmark

So it looks like fastpass seating for the "Eat to the Beat" shows is the front section right? I'm assuming, you had great seats for 38 special!!!
I also booked a ETTB dinner package and those look like middle section uncovered seating. Am I right? Going next week and want to be aware. Wondering if I should even try the chase lounge for reserved seating. I much rather spend time at the other parks the morning of.

Top Bottom