2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

DisneyDebRob

Tentatively looking at the week of November 8 (last week of F&W festival). When else would you get to overlap it with MVMCP and the Osborne lights?
Don't forget about the Festival of the Masters at DTD usually held second weekend in November. You can combine a lot of great stuff that week. Was cancelled last year because of the construction but maybe back this year?

JohnD

Don't forget about the Festival of the Masters at DTD usually held second weekend in November. You can combine a lot of great stuff that week. Was cancelled last year because of the construction but maybe back this year?

Thanks! However, it was cancelled last year due to construction. Apparently, it's unclear as to whether it will be held this year also. Here is what Undercover Tourist has to say:

"Festival of the Masters (Downtown Disney)

Festival of the Masters is held one weekend each November at Downtown Disney. The open-air art festival features more than 150 award-winning artists. There are a number of activities for children and families throughout the weekend. Festival of the Masters is free to attend. The event was cancelled last year due to Disney Springs construction, so it is unsure if it will be returning for 2015."

jakeman

So, for $199, I'm trying to figure out the cost of what's included. Below are my estimates:
  • $50: 4 entitlement tabs. A year ago, they included a $50 gift card. Although they also had special night parties with the tabs. I guess they decided to go with the tabs overall for the Premium event. I'm still assuming a value of $50 or $12.50/entitlement
  • $49: Illuminations Dessert Party. Price if paid separately.
  • $30: MB (Deluxe MBs usually run $29.95. Round to $30
  • $20: Bottle of wine
  • $15: Cost of one food or beverage seminar
  • $13: Wine glass. You get this type with F&W logo on it. Disney Store sells a BOG glass for $12.95. Round to $13.
  • $5: Bag. You get a bag, comparable to this one with all the goodies in it.
  • $17: Overhead, etc.
  • Priceless: Access to premium package areas with special seating to purchase more food/drink
Has anyone been able to confirm if the Illuminations Dessert Party is indeed part of the package, and if so which days? I've heard people getting and not getting it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone been able to confirm if the Illuminations Dessert Party is indeed part of the package, and if so which days? I've heard people getting and not getting it.
The package includes admission to one IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party Monday through Thursday of the purchased package week.

JohnD

My info came directly from this page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-premium-package/

Specifically:
  • "The package also includes admission to one (1) IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party Monday through Thursday of the purchased package week. The IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert party allows you to savor delectable treats and wines in an exclusive setting along World Showcase Lagoon during the nighttime fireworks spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The date and time the Food & Wine Premium Package is booked indicates the date and time you will attend the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party."

jakeman

The package includes admission to one IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party Monday through Thursday of the purchased package week.

My info came directly from this page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-premium-package/

Specifically:
  • "The package also includes admission to one (1) IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party Monday through Thursday of the purchased package week. The IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert party allows you to savor delectable treats and wines in an exclusive setting along World Showcase Lagoon during the nighttime fireworks spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The date and time the Food & Wine Premium Package is booked indicates the date and time you will attend the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party."
Thank you both!

JCoppola

Please excuse such a simple first post. I have been a lurker here for about 10 years and seen others get flamed but I haven't seen the answer. My wife and I have been going to the food and wine for many years and are going back at the end of September. My wife wants to see David Cook but wants to have a seat guaranteed. We did the dinner package for the Candle Light Processional so we did it here too. We chose Germany but really did not want a sit down dinner but wanted the guaranteed seat. We would much rather just eat at all the kiosks. We can cancel and there are still fast passes available. Which would have better reserved seats or are they the same. You seem to pay quite a premium at the restaurant when a fast pass seems to do the same thing. Thanks in advance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Please excuse such a simple first post. I have been a lurker here for about 10 years and seen others get flamed but I haven't seen the answer. My wife and I have been going to the food and wine for many years and are going back at the end of September. My wife wants to see David Cook but wants to have a seat guaranteed. We did the dinner package for the Candle Light Processional so we did it here too. We chose Germany but really did not want a sit down dinner but wanted the guaranteed seat. We would much rather just eat at all the kiosks. We can cancel and there are still fast passes available. Which would have better reserved seats or are they the same. You seem to pay quite a premium at the restaurant when a fast pass seems to do the same thing. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

The details on how the FP+ / Standby / Dinner package seating will work isn't out yet, so it's a bit of an unknown. My guess would be the dinner package would be front and center, with FP on one side and standby the other.

Lynn Stephens

I've been to F&W before and have several Eat to the Beat shows, I think you guys will be fine with a Fastpass (whenever they open that up.) Just get there early and you should be close enough. Make reservations for Le Ceiler afterwards, much better use of your time AND money.

Hope that helps.

JCoppola

Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

The details on how the FP+ / Standby / Dinner package seating will work isn't out yet, so it's a bit of an unknown. My guess would be the dinner package would be front and center, with FP on one side and standby the other.

Appreciate the help. My wife wants to be front and center.

handsdown04

Anyone happen to know if the entitlement tabs you receive with the $59 "tasting sampler" are valid for multiple days? It wouldn't be hard for me to use all 8 in a day, but my fiancé is less adventurous than I am for trying things and I'm unsure it would be worth it for both of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom