2015 Christmas Week phase closings watch

From earlier today. Has slowed down a little but still crazy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-31-15-27-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-31-15-27-52.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_2015-12-31-16-30-56.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-31-16-30-56.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 71

Luxe

Currently at Epcot, crowds are thick but manageable so far. Wait times are crazy as expected. Walking around the WS with a coffee enjoying the vibe here.

I've already seen some of the great people who came out to celebrate tonight. Talking about an old man who was smoking a cigarello, dropping f bombs to his wife and scooting around in a scooter literally ramming into people. And it's only 6:00!

WDWtraveler

In case you were wondering what the Magic Kingdom parking entrance looks like when the park is closed, this photo was taken at 1:30 pm today, Thursday, Dec. 31. The backup continued to within 200 yards of the Epcot overpass. The Magic Kingdom closed about 11 am today. There were electronic signs miles before this backup stating the "Magic Kingdom was closed," and that "all other parks were open," but they kept coming...

IMG_7127.JPG

Last edited:

Sonconato

Brave is not the word I would have used, but okay, we'll call it brave.
I understand but it's the Holiday Season!:)

We are locals and have APs and sometimes we dare ourselves to head out to one of the parks but for the past few years, it's been to Animal Kingdom which closes early and forces us to head home early. The last time we went to Epcot on New Years Eve was about 3 or 4 years ago. We had little trouble getting in but as soon as we headed to WS, we were restricted from entering due to capacity. We turned around and headed home. We were there 15 minutes!:banghead:

No matter what, we leave early to avoid traffic, so we miss the fireworks.:bawling: We love them but the last time we stayed through the fireworks was over 20 years ago. Back then, it took us over 3 hours to get home in Winter Park which would normally take about 25 minutes and the parks were slow in the early 90's compared to now...I can't imagine what traffic is like now...especially with I-4 under construction!

DisneyPrincess5

In case you were wondering what the Magic Kingdom parking entrance looks like when the park is closed, this photo was taken at 1:30 pm today, Thursday, Dec. 31. The backup continued to within 200 yards of the Epcot overpass. The Magic Kingdom closed about 11 am today. There were electronic signs miles before this backup stating the "Magic Kingdom was closed," and that "all other parks were open," but they kept coming...

View attachment 124776
Baaaha DH just looked at this picture and said "is that The Walking Dead?"

disney4life2008

I understand but it's the Holiday Season!:)

We are locals and have APs and sometimes we dare ourselves to head out to one of the parks but for the past few years, it's been to Animal Kingdom which closes early and forces us to head home early. The last time we went to Epcot on New Years Eve was about 3 or 4 years ago. We had little trouble getting in but as soon as we headed to WS, we were restricted from entering due to capacity. We turned around and headed home. We were there 15 minutes!:banghead:

No matter what, we leave early to avoid traffic, so we miss the fireworks.:bawling: We love them but the last time we stayed through the fireworks was over 20 years ago. Back then, it took us over 3 hours to get home in Winter Park which would normally take about 25 minutes and the parks were slow in the early 90's compared to now...I can't imagine what traffic is like now...especially with I-4 under construction!

Hey winter park. I just found out there is a trader joes and shake shack out there. Im going to both saturday. I4 is actually not too baD i just know to avoid it between 3pm and 7pm monday though friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom