2015 Christmas Week phase closings watch

pug

Road to Magic kindom parking lot at 12:15 am. It was at least backed up 1.5 miles
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

disney4life2008

Inside the magic kingdom, it's actually not too bad. It is very crowded but the crowd seems to be equally distributed throughout the park. Im at Columbia harbour eating lunch now and was able to find a table. The worst is definitely on thr road to magic kingdom and the parking booth. I feel so sorry for those cms because they are getting cursed out badly as we speak. They are not letting anyone without an annual pass or resort guests through. They are being told to visit the other parks with free parking and frew quick service coupon

PhotoDave219

Inside the magic kingdom, it's actually not too bad. It is very crowded but the crowd seems to be equally distributed throughout the park. Im at Columbia harbour eating lunch now and was able to find a table. The worst is definitely on thr road to magic kingdom and the parking booth. I feel so sorry for those cms because they are getting cursed out badly as we speak. They are not letting anyone without an annual pass or resort guests through. They are being told to visit the other parks with free parking and frew quick service coupon

Isnt too good, either.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
How would any of this be enjoyable in the least? I love the MK, one of my favorite places on Earth, and I'd rather sit at home and let my kids take turns kicking me all day than navigate a crowd like that.

Can't really blame Disney for the crowds, but that is just insane. I know it was expected but each seems to get worse and worse.

Agreed. Not only are they putting themselves through all this intentionally, they are PAYING for the experience!!!

Oh, uh-uh. I would sooner subject myself to a simultaneous root canal and barium enema than deal with that nightmare.

Well, we aren't crazy enough to be in Magic Kingdom today - although we were on Christmas day. And we are headed to Epcot shortly. It's just a matter of preparation and flexibility. We are having a blast, have done every attraction in every park over the course of 5 days (except a few things that we don't care about - mainly spinners), have met a ton of very nice people, and have not waited in line for more than 25 minutes. Last night (12/30) at MK, it was packed, but I wouldn't call it unmanageable. As a family of 2 teachers and a middle school student, we are always here at peak times, so we plan and prepare and roll with the punches.

Those who drive in to Magic Kingdom at 10am (or later) on a day like today are certainly insane and should contemplate root canals and barium enemas while being kicked by their children. In our modern information age how you could possibly not do a little research before spending the kind of money these vacations cost to me is more insane than those three things.

Luxe

I'll be heading to Epcot in a little while. Haven't had enough crazy pills today to go to MK! I must say the atmosphere there yesterday night was pretty great. All of the CMs were dancing to the music the were pumping around the park. It was certainly fun and put a smile on my face and I didn't even ride anything!

Forgot to mention that the 360 degree fireworks were absolutely stunning.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I'll be heading to Epcot in a little while. Haven't had enough crazy pills today to go to MK! I must say the atmosphere there yesterday night was pretty great. All of the CMs were dancing to the music the were pumping around the park. It was certainly fun and put a smile on my face and I didn't even ride anything!

Forgot to mention that the 360 degree fireworks were absolutely stunning.

Last night at MK was definitely a blast. Lots of fun and from our vantage point (high atop one of the cement pillars just Castle-side of the Ice Cream parlor, lots of people really enjoying themselves. Not a whole lot of frustration. The 360 fireworks were amazing and we did ride some things afterwards and had almost no wait (although a little bummed that Space and 7 Dwarves were taken offline for EMH). See you at Epcot (right?) as we are heading to catch the bus now.

pug

Last night at MK was definitely a blast. Lots of fun and from our vantage point (high atop one of the cement pillars just Castle-side of the Ice Cream parlor, lots of people really enjoying themselves. Not a whole lot of frustration. The 360 fireworks were amazing and we did ride some things afterwards and had almost no wait (although a little bummed that Space and 7 Dwarves were taken offline for EMH). See you at Epcot (right?) as we are heading to catch the bus now.
Can't take that music they were playing

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Can't take that music they were playing

As a music teacher and occasional professional musician, I would agree that 90% of what they played was total trash. But the crowds loved it and had a good time and I enjoyed watching them. My 11 year old was pretty happy with it (although she would have been equally happy with Beethoven or The Beatles - I envy being able to enjoy everything equally like that).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom