2014 WDW Planning DVD Is "Out"

ReelFun

We received ours Saturday (Feb 1st). We travel to WDW once or twice a year for the past 6 years Our next trip 3/3/14, . I thought it was nice and think it would pump up your family for your upcoming Magic.

cosmicray

Just received mine in the mail today and watched the WDW section.

HUGE improvement over last year's! It no longer has the two moms, it's simply narrated and features one cast member speaking per park. It covers pretty much all the topics at WDW in separate sections, including a dining section and a Downtown Disney section. My only complaints are that the Epcot section still (as usual) suffers from the DVD only covering Mission: Space, Test Track, and Soarin'. My only other complaint is that some of the footage was obviously sourced from older DVDs and looks HORRIBLE compared to the current footage's HD quality. Other than that, it was great! And it was cool to see them focus on the same table I sat at in the T-Rex Cafe section! :D

Maerj

I just watched this as well and it's a major improvement over the Disney Moms DVD that they've been doing the last couple of years. The problem with those was that the moms were just plain boring.

The HCOE DVD is still the best! This one isn't bad though. Plenty of park footage, an interview with a CM each section to tug at your heartstrings, a narrator with a pleasant voice. Not too bad. Not much humor, if any that I can recall but it sells the parks which is what it's meant to do.

The HCOE DVD was good because it showed 4 likeable people having fun in the parks. In my opinion, THAT is the best way to sell the parks. Fun, humor, a little corniness and some information for new visitors.

BiffyClyro

I won't find out because Disney are being, rhymes with tankers, and don't send them to the UK anymore :(

I loved getting those dvd's!

Wikkler

Umm, come again? Aside from beer and cars, what do you think is really marketed at dads? Most commercials these days portray dads as incompetent neanderthals that are lucky to have a woman around who is sensible enough to buy their product. That is the meme these days.
OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT WHITE STUFF IN THE CUP IN THE FRIDGE! ITS CREEPY AND HAS THE WORD "YOGURT" ON IT!!!!!!11111111!!!1!111111111!!!11!!11!!!11!11!!11!!11

Wikkler

Hi, let's go to Walt Disney World. For all the bland moms out there, Disney is a fun place for kids of all ages but mostly just bland moms. You can ride bland mom rides at Magic Kingdom, like Bland Mountain, located in Bland Land. Or you can learn the history of bland moms at the Bland Pavilion at Epcot. Hollywood Studios has a stage production where a bland mom gets into trouble! *gasp* At Animal Kingdom, you can even feed a prehistoric bland mom!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I won't find out because Disney are being, rhymes with tankers, and don't send them to the UK anymore :(

I loved getting those dvd's!

I think you mean, being financially prudent in a market with declining numbers, I'm sure the decline is nothing to do with costs increases, Disney centric and beyond.
Though to be fair, the discs did come from UK based marketing companies, well did a few years ago.

That said the best ever planning info was a Universal video, featuring Roland Rivron, informative yet tongue firmly in cheek.

mp2bill

Somebody Give Me The Phone....Because....
i-called-it.jpg

This was no Surprise what-so-ever!

One thumb up for calling it and another for using a picture of Stephen Colbert. :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Think she was marketed as "the relatable mom"

I'm surprised they haven't gone with the marketing towards dads angle yet like so many other companies.

They gave me 50K and we shot a drunken, angry dad does WDW travel planning video. I thought it went pretty well. No more than 2 total protein spills or violent altercations per day. Nonetheless, it seems like my hard work will never see the light of day. Shame really.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It sounds like the YOMAD dvd....*bleah*

I loved how each dream tied directly to an existing theme park ride. "I've always dreamed about going on a wild ride with an amphibian and winding up in hell." Wait, what's wrong? That is a real dream of mine.

BiffyClyro

I think you mean, being financially prudent in a market with declining numbers, I'm sure the decline is nothing to do with costs increases, Disney centric and beyond.
Though to be fair, the discs did come from UK based marketing companies, well did a few years ago.

That said the best ever planning info was a Universal video, featuring Roland Rivron, informative yet tongue firmly in cheek.
Oh come on... Let's be honest they can afford it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
So... I am confused now. Is the DVD different or not? Seems to be opposing reports.
I think that when the thread was started (1/23) there was a period of about a week, where if you went online and ordered your resort planning DVD, odds were that you would get the "old" DVD. Now, it seems like the rollout of the 2014 planning DVD is complete and it is getting favorable reviews compared to the last iteration from those who have received it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think that when the thread was started (1/23) there was a period of about a week, where if you went online and ordered your resort planning DVD, odds were that you would get the "old" DVD. Now, it seems like the rollout of the 2014 planning DVD is complete and it is getting favorable reviews compared to the last iteration from those who have received it.
I think the updated one must have footage of the Pandoraland ground breaking and pics of the Disney Springs parking structure.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think the updated one must have footage of the Pandoraland ground breaking and pics of the Disney Springs parking structure.

I heard it featured a ton of churros and a discussion of whether or not chicken or beef gravy would be better for dipping of aforementioned snack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom