2014 WDW Planning DVD Is "Out"

G00fyDad

At least they didn't bring back Erin and the three amazing goofballs. :rolleyes: I sat there and watched about half of that DVD slack-jawed at the pure idiocy of the thing before I finally turned it off and threw it away. Especially the "surfer dude" that was supposed to represent the youth going to Disney. :facepalm: I do wish they would put out a different video though instead of recycling the previous year's DVD.

wild01ride

It will never be as good as when they had the 4 people, led by Erin. The one they've been using the last few years will put you to sleep.

Anxious to hear if this is ANY different.

We just watched the "Fab Four" this week.
Ahh...the days when they actually tried to appeal to people and show some excitement!
I didn't even mind the random 1980's shot here and there when the entire video was so good!

G00fyDad

Ahh...the days when they actually tried to appeal to people and show some excitement!
I didn't even mind the random 1980's shot here and there when the entire video was so good!

I admit that the DVD's since then have been less than useless, but that fab four disc nearly made me rip my DVD player up trying to get the disc out halfway through. To me, it was much better in the years before that disc. Now, I get more information from Modern Marvels: Walt Disney World than those drink coasters.

Cmdr_Crimson

You know the funny thing is the Top 7 Must sees was produced by the same people who did the HCOE DVD.

Cmdr_Crimson

And as silly as both were, they made me want to go to WDW more than the current one, with a bland mom sitting in an off-white living room, speaking in monotone. There's not a second of the current DVD that could make someone excited about Disney.

I agree and when Erin says Congratulations at the beginning of it...You do feel a bit of an accomplishment...Even if your just rewatching it for the umpteenth time. It just feels good that it makes you want to go back.

wild01ride

I agree and when Erin says Congratulations at the beginning of it...You do feel a bit of an accomplishment...Even if your just rewatching it for the umpteenth time. It just feels good that it makes you want to go back.

And then when you got to WDW...there was Kryssa...Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Pure Heaven!

Cmdr_Crimson

And then when you got to WDW...there was Kryssa...Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Pure Heaven!

Ah Kryssa Mooney....The First T7MS@WDW host....She's now a chiropractor http://www.drkryssa.com/drkryssa/Dr._Kryssa.html
IMG_0459-filtered.jpg

Since1976

Something tells me we won't get a full Erin and co. style DVD again until MagicBands/MyMagic+ is rolled out completely.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
We received ours on Tuesday. Unfortunately, it appeared to just be the previous year's DVD with the addition of the FLE.

Bummer. Thank God I still have an old VHS Disney planning tape from the early 90's. That's what we'll be watching when I call the whole traveling party over to my house for our "family meeting" a couple of weeks before we travel!

EDIT: Oops - I mean early '00s.

Last edited:

lobelia

I am surprised they still send DVDs. Are you guys requesting these? I would imagine they would send a link to an online video which can be updated easily and reduces waste and costs. Never the less, I would not watch a Disney video to make plans. I would research touring plans and forums for feedback from visitors. Besides the Playstation only plays blue rays and most of our computers don't have disc players.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And as silly as both were, they made me want to go to WDW more than the current one, with a bland mom sitting in an off-white living room, speaking in monotone. There's not a second of the current DVD that could make someone excited about Disney.

Is it not amazing the C--P that comes out of Celebration Place, Supposedly these guys are marketing 'professionals' they could not sell a glass of water to someone dying of thirst in the desert.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom