2014 WDW Planning DVD Is "Out"

PrincessNelly_NJ

As mentioned above, I am surprised they still ship a dvd! Of course, the complaint is that when I watch it, it is always letterboxed and pillarboxed (black bars on all four sides!

I feel they just need to completely reshoot all of this in HD, or even 4k, and then have a YouTube channel that anyone ANYWHERE can watch!

It will save them with having to ship out all of those DVD's! If they are going to do that, they need to upgrade to Blu-rays!
I have never had the black bars around it. weird:confused:
This is really meant for new comers to learn what their are to offer, so I doubt they will spend the money to reshoot in HD, 4K, and they posted to YouTube but shorter videos.
I think they should give an option for blu-ray but not everyone has a blu-ray player so making them standard wouldn't work at all.

Rob562

I'm 99% sure the latest version is in Widescreen DVD format...

And while HD on Bluray would be nice, that's a significant expense that's not really necessary.

-Rob

Gomer

I'm 99% sure the latest version is in Widescreen DVD format...

And while HD on Bluray would be nice, that's a significant expense that's not really necessary.

-Rob
I can't speak to the latest version, but all previous versions of the planning dvd were non-anamorphic so the picture doesn't automatically fit to the screen size of an HD TV. Its designed to be letterboxed on a 4:3 TV. Many HD TV's automatically apply a "stretch" to non-anamorphic video, but some don't. My Samsung forces me to watch the videos as described by @RScottyL with letter and pillarboxes, but my Sharp will automatically stetch to fit the screen.

Why they don't make them anamorphic I don't know. Doesn't have to be updated to HD for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom