2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

Thumper 32

All the princes. That's 8-9 shifts there, add back Anna Elsa(only once because Snow and Aurora are outside) Hag Ratcliffe Cruella 2 Facilier 2, you're down 3? Add back the second set of tremaines and you're cost neutral plus soirée gravy money. Did I miss anything? I'm not going to dissect the parade, it probably balances out.

I think Jafar and Lotso were not back to back when they were in Town Square last year, but they are in their new locations this year. Is Hag b2b as well?

janoimagine

- Less Mix and Mingle Shows
- Pooh Float missing from Boo To You Parade
- No rope dancers in Boo To You Parade
- No candy cast members and no giving out candy in Boo To You Parade
- Several characters (Princes, Villains) cut all together
- I think there is one less candy trail as well, but I'm not sure

Yet ticket prices remain the same
Less pyro from the Fireworks too.

note2001

We came into Guest Relations around 12:30-12:45am and she greeted us very nicely. I explained to her how we felt very disappointed with the many, obvious entertainment cuts we noticed this year, as opposed to last year. Yet our ticket prices were still the same. We also told her that we had purchased tickets to the Soriee for a night in October, and we hoped to have a better experience. She then asked us what specifically we were upset about. I told her about the blog post on the official Disney Parks Blog and she admitted that she knew about the edit and apologized to us for it! I went on to explain cuts I noticed to the Boo To You parade, the horrible atmosphere and chaos to meet characters in Club Villain and the reduced number of Mix and Mingle shows. She apologized. I never asked her for one thing. I did not go there with an intention of getting any compensation. She then said she would be right back, as she was going to discuss our concerns with her management team. After about five minutes she returned with a list of excuses for every single concern I had shared with her. This cast members entire attitude changed. It was like she was blaming us for our bad experience. I was in complete disbelief. I went off about the blog post and how she even agreed with me earlier. She told me I must be lying and asked for a screen cap. Before I could say anything else she said, these tickets are not refundable and there was no one else I could speak too. She then gave us a reference number to collect three fastpasses on a future visit. I explained to her that she escaleted our situation and we were upset, and that I would be taking the issue up with guest communications. I then took her information down (name, hometown) and left.

I have never had an experience like this at Disney. I was at a loss for words.

First off, no one here is telling you how you should/should not have felt. I'm sure the evening was less than magical to you and you just wanted Disney to know, hence your visit to customer service. Take note, those cast members, and their managers have no power to change parades, events and ticket prices, and your voice will fade away after leaving the desk. A letter to TDC would have gotten further.

I read that you're still very upset about the treatment the cast member gave you after she returned from her conversation with someone in back, perhaps a manager. I really do "get it": Southwest Airlines gave me much the same feeling after they canceled my return flight home for no reason, and then turned to blame me. No customer service should behave that way, and yet we seem to run into it more and more these days. It in itself demands an apology as you were not trying to corner them into giving you anything.

So what resolution are you now looking for? I hope it's simply an apology and not to get the cast member written up or fired. It sounds like she was doing her job and listening to you, apologizing for your experience and all. It seems as though her attitude came after the person in back gave her a hard time, which she passed along, perhaps even being told to do so.

tenchikiss

Putting aside how RUDE the cast member was I think that complaining is good for all, when the complaints have merit. If no one said anything then Disney would think HAHA we can change things on a whim and those silly tourists won't be the wiser. But if people respectfully point out that things were changed and were covered up maybe one day something will be different. If enough people tell Disney what is up perhaps it could change for later party dates, like add back VALUE to the celebration with the Princes or you know...all those villain costumes they borrowed and were lying around. I am firm believer for speaking up even if the situation won't benefit me. Because one night it might help me out or someone will speak up in a way that will benefit me and not really them.

lisahifi

Is anyone dressing up this year? We are going on the 13th this year and added the premium package. But for the video I found no one dressed up. Also does any one know where the queen of hearts is at. Wanted to do a Alice theme this year.
And any reviews of the add on package.

danv3

Is anyone dressing up this year? We are going on the 13th this year and added the premium package. But for the video I found no one dressed up. Also does any one know where the queen of hearts is at. Wanted to do a Alice theme this year.
And any reviews of the add on package.

Probably not a lot of people wanted to dress up on September 1. Based on past experience, people will definitely be dressed up in mid-October.

Bolt

- Less Mix and Mingle Shows
- Pooh Float missing from Boo To You Parade
- No rope dancers in Boo To You Parade
- No candy cast members and no giving out candy in Boo To You Parade
- Several characters (Princes, Villains) cut all together
- I think there is one less candy trail as well, but I'm not sure

Yet ticket prices remain the same

-Wreck it Ralph float added (Pooh characters still in the parade)
-added girl dancers back with the cowboys
-there's almost 20 candy stations, I could live without the sucker
-added villains to Diamond Horseshoe
-candy trail at Tomorrowland Terrace, also a candy stop on the backside of Mine Train this year

Just wanted to keep it bipartisan

Clamman73

-added girl dancers back with the cowboys
-there's almost 20 candy stations, I could live without the sucker
-candy trail at Tomorrowland Terrace, also a candy stop on the backside of Mine Train this year

Just wanted to keep it bipartisan
The one that Ralph is on? Isn't that the truck Pluto was on last year and they redid it?

The girl dancers with cowboys were there last year.

Thumper 32

Wreck-it Ralph float used to be Pluto's, nothing added there. And while some Pooh characters remain in the opening unit, it was still a reduction of two characters (Rabbit, Kanga) and the tree float (with driver).

The horseshoe villains were mostly a relocation of existing (Tremaines) and/or tradeouts for Woody, Jessie and Bullseye.

Thumper 32

Wreck-it Ralph float used to be Pluto's, nothing added there. And while some Pooh characters remain in the opening unit, it was still a reduction of two characters (Rabbit, Kanga) and the tree float (with driver).

The horseshoe villains were mostly a relocation of existing (Tremaines) and/or tradeouts for Woody, Jessie and Bullseye.

Actually, to reply to myself, I suppose that Ralph and Vanellope might be the adds that offset Rabbit and Kanga. But still, down one major float, which is likely what the average/casual guest would notice, in that the parade feels shorter.

Bolt

Actually, to reply to myself, I suppose that Ralph and Vanellope might be the adds that offset Rabbit and Kanga. But still, down one major float, which is likely what the average/casual guest would notice, in that the parade feels shorter.
Everyone was up in arms at the end of the parade saying that was the shortest parade ever with the Pooh float out, such an interactive tree...on wheels.

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks homie.

We were considering this and were wondering how long it would last, how much food, and character interaction. Not only high $$$ with not much ROI, but the opportunity cost of the time spent is too high as well.

We THOROUGHLY ENJOYED Villians Unleashed because we were able to ride rides with little to no wait (We choose the Hard Ticket for reduced crowds, not for "additional experience") and expect to be able to do the same at MNSSHP while others are "enjoying the show(s)".

We are stoked to have passes for Halloween Night and hope the crowds will be relatively low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom