2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

Sped2424

So this is my first post here, but does anyone know where on earth I can buy sold out MNSSHP tickets for 10/31? I promised my kids we could go and I waited too long and now they are sold out. Is there a secondary market or any other way to get these tickets for DW on the 31st? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!
Stubhub? Edit: They are all 350 dollars on there, you are better off doing a different date. I am sure the kids will still enjoy themselves!

Thumper 32

It's because of the rain and impending storms and for the safety of the performers. They wouldn't cancel a m&m for the soirée.

Of course rain is going to happen, and safety comes first, etc etc. But I just gotta say, canceling one show is much more impactful when there are only three scheduled this year, as opposed to prior years BS (before soirée) when there were four.

In addition, in prior years, a cancelled show due to wet stage was probably still turned in to a meet and greet only, right? But let me guess, this year the show is just cancelled and that's it.

Thumper 32

They don't M&G after the show anymore. The Villains have M&Gs elsewhere.

Yes I know, that's my point. In prior years, the disappointment of a cancelled show due to wet stage could be tempered by them still doing the m&g portion. This year not so much.

And just to clear up the marketing spin that the villains are elsewhere for greetings this year, here's the actual truth for the seven villains who used to appear after the castle show:

Maleficent: soirée only
Snow Queen: soirée only
Frollo: soirée only
Captain Hook: soirée only
Cruella: Club Villain dance party at horseshoe, no greetings
Facilier: Club Villain dance party at horseshoe, no greetings
Queen of Hearts: the only one actually greeting elsewhere, at Teacups

asianway

Of course rain is going to happen, and safety comes first, etc etc. But I just gotta say, canceling one show is much more impactful when there are only three scheduled this year, as opposed to prior years BS (before soirée) when there were four.

In addition, in prior years, a cancelled show due to wet stage was probably still turned in to a meet and greet only, right? But let me guess, this year the show is just cancelled and that's it.
Their rain location was always the noodle station terrace. Did anyone look there?

mraw

I'll be attending the party for the first time in 10 years on October 4th, but you guys have me concerned...

I say that because the last time I went, they had picture stations where you were mailed the photos for free, characters dressed in their Halloween best, and rare characters about, like Uncle Scrooge, Darkwing Duck, Thumper et al. It was a fabulous event.

asianway

I'll be attending the party for the first time in 10 years on October 4th, but you guys have me concerned...

I say that because the last time I went, they had picture stations where you were mailed the photos for free, characters dressed in their Halloween best, and rare characters about, like Uncle Scrooge, Darkwing Duck, Thumper et al. It was a fabulous event.
By 2008 it took a turn for the worse and has been stale since

DisneyDreamer08

I know I may be in the minority, but my husband and I went in 2009 (Thursday Oct 1st) and had a horrible time. We swore we would never go to another MK party again. We were there for the entire party, didn't ride any rides & didn't stop to eat and yet, we didn't have nearly enough time to do all that is offered. We were so disappointed considering how much the tickets cost. It was just way too crowded. The character lines were horrendous, and the CMs had no clue what was going on. 1st on my list was meeting the 7 dwarfs and no one could tell me where they were. Every CM told me something different and I spent the 1st half hour of party time walking all around the park. We were so excited for the party but it ended up being the most stressful, chaotic night of our trip.

dreamfinder

Characters still will usually have some sort of costume on, or be "rarer", but when Photopass took off, they no longer send you a free photo. 7 dwarves, Jack Sparrow, some villains, Princes, etc all are usually out and about for the party still. While it is still a decent event (or was last year when we last went) they have slowly chipped away some of the things that made it awesome.

wdrive

Characters still will usually have some sort of costume on, or be "rarer", but when Photopass took off, they no longer send you a free photo. 7 dwarves, Jack Sparrow, some villains, Princes, etc all are usually out and about for the party still. While it is still a decent event (or was last year when we last went) they have slowly chipped away some of the things that made it awesome.

The Princes are one of the things chipped away this year.

asianway

The Princes are one of the things chipped away this year.
I don't really have a problem with differentiating Halloween and Christmas a bit more. Move the dwarfs to christmas only too. Add in even more villains and weird characters to Halloween. Just don't also go and cut villains at the same time when you have others that for some reason need to be there leftover from the day(Tink, Merida, Goofini, Buzz...)

ChrisM

Seeing as how there is no party on October 4th you're going to be really, really disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom