2014 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets now on sale

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Tbh I think they just need a completely new Halloween parade. It has some good spots but I hate all those old floats they keep dragging out. I'd rather Dr. Facilier was in the parade instead of Bowler Hat Guy too, how many people even know who he is?

I'm guessing they didn't has enough costumes/performers to have Facilier in the show parade and dessert party so they took him out of the parade and put in the dessert party instead. I'm rather have Facilier too as he is a face charter.

Chernaboggles

From the videos I have seen tonight. I think the Villains Soiree at Cinderella’s Royal Table is actually pretty cool.

I'm a bit disappointed, actually. I was hoping for something much more elaborate, given the price tag. When it was first announced, I reserved two spots so we'd have the option to go if it turned out to be awesome, but having seen the initial photos, vids and reviews, I just canceled our reservations. It might be a great time if you enjoy interacting with the characters or especially love any of the specific villains attending, but I think it needs more than a handful of costumed CMs and pistachio mousse to be worth $100/ticket.

note2001

I'm a bit disappointed, actually. I was hoping for something much more elaborate, given the price tag. When it was first announced, I reserved two spots so we'd have the option to go if it turned out to be awesome, but having seen the initial photos, vids and reviews, I just canceled our reservations. It might be a great time if you enjoy interacting with the characters or especially love any of the specific villains attending, but I think it needs more than a handful of costumed CMs and pistachio mousse to be worth $100/ticket.

Sounds to me like the details were all there, the characters were at their best and the food was good. So the potential for "awesome" is there. What is lacking is the illusion that Disney cares more about the guests than their wallets and the clock. This they might be able to overcome.

Animaniac93-98

I would also like to see a food/beverage component (not fancy, but something) to the viewing area, like the Frozen Premium Package. Just having a roped off section seems unimpressive.

I was also sort of expecting the castle to be decorated in some form (pumpkins, different lighting/music etc).

Chernaboggles

Sounds to me like the details were all there, the characters were at their best and the food was good. So the potential for "awesome" is there. What is lacking is the illusion that Disney cares more about the guests than their wallets and the clock. This they might be able to overcome.

My feeling is that all those things make it a good value at regular dessert party prices - or even at regular CRT prices (despite not having full dinner), because it's villain characters and there's singing. I completely disregarded all the complaints about being rushed or disorganized because those things come with time and practice, it's still a new event. However, for $100/ticket, you're almost at the price of good seats at La Nouba, which is a full on spectacular show. At the very least, CRT should have been decorated to the nines and the desserts far more varied and interesting.

I honestly don't mind if WDW wants to offer special events at premium prices, but they have to be genuinely special. Good food, attention to detail and great CMs doing a great job in character is something I expect at WDW as a matter of course, because it's Disney. If they're charging that much extra for a special event, they need to go that much farther to impress.

LWB

I am interested to see more reviews about this soiree ... I am going in October, and I am still excited about it despite the negative review linked in an earlier post.

SoccerMickey

I also don't think the complaint of I spent "4 of my 5 hours on this event" is true. Unless you weren't planning on seeing the parade and fireworks at all.
I don't disagree with you but I understand what he's saying. When you get to the park and it starts at 7, there is the whole settling in feeling of wanting to take in the event atmosphere, get the pins/merch, see where the closest treat location is, etc, then it's time to get to your viewing location for the parade so the first hour is wasted. By the time the parade passes you, and villains show takes place then fireworks you've already blown 2 1/2 hours. And you're standing in an area you normally wouldn't be standing in, and as it was last night, you really didn't need reserved viewing for the parade. Now he could have left the area but I would think psychologically that would be tough because the mentality of "I didn't pay $100 to stand with the riff-raff" comes into play. And also you're willing to accept this imperfect part of it because the big event is coming up in the castle.
Now to say that leeway is needed because this is a new event is not acceptable. They are charging $100 per person for it and Disney has held countless special events and getting people through it and anticipating the reactions should not be a surprise.
I'm confused, so can you still meet the villains or only by paying the extra $100 for the dessert thing?
most villains are available for meet and greet throughout the park but Maleficent and Evil Queen are Sinister Soirée exclusive.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't disagree with you but I understand what he's saying. When you get to the park and it starts at 7, there is the whole settling in feeling of wanting to take in the event atmosphere, get the pins/merch, see where the closest treat location is, etc, then it's time to get to your viewing location for the parade so the first hour is wasted. By the time the parade passes you, and villains show takes place then fireworks you've already blown 2 1/2 hours. And you're standing in an area you normally wouldn't be standing in, and as it was last night, you really didn't need reserved viewing for the parade. Now he could have left the area but I would think psychologically that would be tough because the mentality of "I didn't pay $100 to stand with the riff-raff" comes into play. And also you're willing to accept this imperfect part of it because the big event is coming up in the castle.
Now to say that leeway is needed because this is a new event is not acceptable. They are charging $100 per person for it and Disney has held countless special events and getting people through it and anticipating the reactions should not be a surprise.

most villains are available for meet and greet throughout the park but Maleficent and Evil Queen are Sinister Soirée exclusive.

You don't like it, don't go! More soiree-ing for the rest of us.

am I doing this right? I need some swag.

YodaMan

Since the villains got pulled from PFH, what are the chances they're putting the princes back instead? I know Eric was out training yesterday.

HatboxGhost

I tend not to listen to reviewers. If I did I wouldn't be into most of the things I am into and love most of the films, books, tv shows that I enjoy. With that being said, I cant wait to go the villains VIP event. My wife and I are going to the Halloween party twice so we can get everything done so even if we are not too thrilled with the vip party, we still have that second night for MNSSHP. I cant wait to see the villains but I am most excited about the VIP sections for the parade and fireworks. I am not a fan of waiting too long and having to fight to get a place to watch these shows, so have a special vip place to go is wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom