2014 Eat to the Beat concert series performer line-up announced

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I recall there was one time Starship performed a song or two from a recent album. I thought they were retired from recording but I guess not. There was a bad response so on the last show they performed all 4 of their hits to thunderous applause and an extended dance-along to "We Built This City" capped off the performance!

Starships 2013 album Loveless Fascination is an excellent slice of AOR. The boy can still sing. Yes they are at the light weight end of my musical spectrum but then I don't expect to see 5 Finger Death Punch or Motorhead at Epcot. I shall be singing along and may make an effort to see one or two other acts during our stay during the F&WF, or at least thats the excuse I shall be using.

dvitali

As for Air Supply I enjoy them doing same two song for the three proformace each night and changing out the third. i also like them coming off the stage and walking thru the audience. While they just doing their greastest hits on stage you can buy their lastest CD at the American Merchanise cart.

fillerup

Wow! Fuel would be awesome! Christopher Cross would be cool to see. Lots of good stuff. Atta boy, Mickey!

I knew I liked Christopher Cross's music before we saw him last year, but I was wowed by what a terrific musician he is. He is one very talented guitar player. He turned "Ride Like the Wind" into an extended hard rockin' jam that brought people to their feet.

sweetpee_1993

I knew I liked Christopher Cross's music before we saw him last year, but I was wowed by what a terrific musician he is. He is one very talented guitar player. He turned "Ride Like the Wind" into an extended hard rockin' jam that brought people to their feet.
His melodic voice is like a comfortable blankie to me. Remember when his songs were hits when I was little...hearing them takes me back. Caught 'Think of Laura' on satellite radio earlier this year and it grabbed my attention. As a small child the words didn't mean anything. As an adult there's wisdom to be found...wisdom and comfort I needed in the months ahead when my grandmother passed. He is a talented musician & songwriter. Great to know he puts on a good show, too. :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'd totally go see Hanson for some odd reason if I were there at that time. It reminds me of being drunk in college. Which, being honest, so likely will my upcoming "no-kids" trip to WDW. Too bad I'm going to be there for Starship. Well, I guess that means I wont be spending time in the concert and will be spending more time in the German pavilion drinking liters of beer.

Dang. I just saw Starship this past weekend. There oughta be a rule that Flower Power and Eat to the Beat can't cross over.

I'm too old to appreciate Hanson

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
My wife is pretty much Hanson's biggest fan. We're going to WDW for her 30th birthday and they're performing while we're there. She's a smidgen excited lol

MickeyPeace

No one I'm overly excited about. If I had to choose, maybe Sugar Ray or Hanson?

I've already seen Starship and 38 special there.

GoGos were good last year but maybe they weren't invited back because they didn't know where they were and kind of made fun of Disney.

Dj Corona

Boyz II Men always put on a good show there, not only do they perform their hits, but they also do a pretty solid set of Motown classics, all while doing it in suits in the Orlando humidity, (3 shows a night?) Just for that, they definitely get my vote!

SoccerMickey

No one I'm overly excited about. If I had to choose, maybe Sugar Ray or Hanson?

I've already seen Starship and 38 special there.

GoGos were good last year but maybe they weren't invited back because they didn't know where they were and kind of made fun of Disney.
I saw Sugar Ray last year and it was very depressing. That boy seemed like he is still living in his 1999 glory days. The industry might not have been kind to him after but it would be nice to have some hint that good things are happening to him post "Fly" days.

MickeyPeace

I saw Sugar Ray last year and it was very depressing. That boy seemed like he is still living in his 1999 glory days. The industry might not have been kind to him after but it would be nice to have some hint that good things are happening to him post "Fly" days.
Wasn't he host of Entertaimment Tonight for about 10 years post music career?

CaptainShortty

He was still so much fun to go see. I liked feeling like I was listening to the radio in the 90s!

Matt_Black

I love their cover of "Let's Get Together".

Anyway, Fuel is an interesting choice, as a lot of their big songs seem a bit harder than the groups we usually see there.

Hrudey3032

I recall there was one time Starship performed a song or two from a recent album. I thought they were retired from recording but I guess not. There was a bad response so on the last show they performed all 4 of their hits to thunderous applause and an extended dance-along to "We Built This City" capped off the performance!

I saw them in 2011 and remember Mickey Thomas singing Rocky Raccoon. He had the skin cap on and everything. The female lead Stephanie Calvert. She has a great singing voice and fits right in......plus she is pretty sexy too :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom