2011 Vacation Planning DVD

captainkidd

I've always thought they needed to do more with the resort portion.

Exactly. Literally, each segment on a resort is about 60 seconds. Granted, Universal only has 3 on-site hotels, but they dedicate about 8 minutes to each resort on their website via videos.

They should show the rooms in detail, show all the restaurants, all the bars, all the pools, activities for kids, all recreation.

Upvote 0

Jedi Wizard

I received it a couple weeks ago and overall was disappointed. The updated sections on each park were ok. They seemed to be highlighting the special events more now like Star Wars Weekends, Food and Wine and MNSSHP. But the resort section was just bad. The brief overview of each level of each resort wasn't even complete. For example the deluxe section shows a little of the GF but nothing for the Poly. They just refer you to the website. They would have been better off leaving the old stuff on there than reducing it to what they did.

Upvote 0

dismedic

Disappointed with it, Ot should have just been made to say hey want to know anything go to our website because this years really lacked anything compared to years past. What a joke, Everything " for more information simply visit our web site " why even make a video then . Oh wait I bet next year we may not even have a planning DVD most likely a sticker on a box that states for more information see our website.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We feel this one is not the best job they have done. It is way to much an OVERVIEW and does not go enough into detail. Total differnet from years past. Thinking about going back and watching the good ones...on VHS!!!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Haha Right??! Not intending to drift this threat, but their website has to be the worst ever.
I am bummed they took out all the resort detail. Probably one of my favorite parts of the planning DVD!

I wish the resort section was better, too. I'd focus on that if I were making the DVD. That's just me, though. :shrug:

Upvote 0

mrscricket

Wonder if my friend Stephen will still be on this one!!! I sure hope so!!!!:ROFLOL:

This made me laugh, but then i wondered if you were being serious and that you were the kid. But im still gonna laugh at your post :p

We should, unless there already is one, a bring back Erin and friends protest thing. By far was the best DVD.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We feel this one is not the best job they have done. It is way to much an OVERVIEW and does not go enough into detail. Total differnet from years past. Thinking about going back and watching the good ones...on VHS!!!! :ROFLOL:

Wow really? I felt as if this was one of the best in a few years and thought it covered more and went into more detail than the past, especially last years.

Remember that they're free promotional item-Disney isn't going to spend a ton of time and detail on each thing they have to offer. The idea is to give an overview so guests want to come and explore what they haven't seen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom