2011 Not So Scary Halloween Party guidemap

ChristianG

I'm really insterested in this new version of Villains Mix and Mingle. Was it always called Villains Dance Mix and Mingle? Not sure.

devoy1701

I think the Briar Patch Candy station is new? I'm assuming that's because they won't be doing the Wonderland Candy Trail this year between Toontown and Tomorrowland.

I also think the Werther's candy station is new as well.

Tip Top Club

I'm interested in the new Villain show as well. I was at the Polynesian tonight and I could briefly hear an echo of the show featuring "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the frog, followed by what sounded like a dance remix of the Halloween Theme Song...So I am really excited to see it. I know that Frollo and Dr. Facillier joined the Halloween Parade this year, so I wonder if they have an expanded role?

etwtec

I'm interested in the new Villain show as well. I was at the Polynesian tonight and I could briefly hear an echo of the show featuring "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the frog, followed by what sounded like a dance remix of the Halloween Theme Song...So I am really excited to see it. I know that Frollo and Dr. Facillier joined the Halloween Parade this year, so I wonder if they have an expanded role?

I wonder how much of the show is new? I am thinking minor add ins and some cuts... Typical WDW haha.

As for the parade, Is there any changes besides characters?

sorcerermickey9

Pictures/comments I've seen posted from friends seem to be positive improvements with more character meet/greets in the event. Out near hub area it seems they had Lady Trem./sisters, Lotso, Gaston from what I've seen so far as far as new characters. Also, Mix N' Mingle seems to have great feedback but I can't find any exact details as to why. Anybody find a video? If so please share!

Neverland

I'm not sure about Jungle being open, but Small World is. My guess is that someone didn't double check their work after updating last year's map. Small World wasn't listed last year because it was closed for refurbishment. Also, there's a nonexistent smoking section on the map at the Skyway station. To my knowledge, there has NEVER been a smoking section there, so I dunno what that's about... The one that does exist in Fantasyland, by the wishing well, isn't on the map at all.

Tip Top Club

Not really. The opening Title banner has been replaced (still the same basic thing, but it is the now the old Platform from the Opening of Disney Dreams Come True). And Angelica has joined the Pirates Unit. Christopher Robin is in the Winnie the Pooh Unit as well, I couldn't remember if he was in the show last year. Horace Horsecoller has been cut, and a Clarabelle Cow moved to the beginning, but I didn't mind because I liked all the other character changes.

Cosmic Commando

I think the Briar Patch Candy station is new? I'm assuming that's because they won't be doing the Wonderland Candy Trail this year between Toontown and Tomorrowland.

I also think the Werther's candy station is new as well.
The candy trail near Splash is not new, although I don't know if was listed on the map specifically like that, so it may be beefed up without the Wonderland trail. You go through a rocky, cavernous section of the extended Splash queue.

Tigger1988

Can anyone post a list of what characters are appearing where? It only specifically states where the Seven Dwarfs are on the map.

That's basically all I want to know in advance.

This really has me all psyched up for next year when we go. We haven't gone to the MNSSHP since 2005. We plan to dress up as Fred and Wilma Flintstone or tacky tourists. (Think Cousin Eddie from Nat. Lampoons Vegas Vacation) Our last/first time at MNSSHP was an unmitigated disaster. We had a horrible time, but not because of the party. We were actually feeling kind of sick, and then we had an issue with someone trying to sit in front of us at a parade viewing when we were already there and on the tape line. :(

For those of you that are party veterans, how should we handle the party? A plan of attack kind of thing. I thought about going to the trick or treat spots first, starting with the Adventureland ones and ending with the Futureworld ones. Then around 9:15 we could go get seats (hopefully) in the same spot we got seats last year for the afternoon MK parade, on the small stone wall along the walkway outside of Pecos Bills. That way we could sit and enjoy Hallowishes at 9:30 and then the Boo to You parade at 10:30. Then we could go to the dance and mingle parties and ride a few rides until we leave. Am I missing something? Or should we do things in a different order?

This really has me all psyched up for next year when we go. We haven't gone to the MNSSHP since 2005. We plan to dress up as Fred and Wilma Flintstone or tacky tourists. (Think Cousin Eddie from Nat. Lampoons Vegas Vacation) Our last/first time at MNSSHP was an unmitigated disaster. We had a horrible time, but not because of the party. We were actually feeling kind of sick, and then we had an issue with someone trying to sit in front of us at a parade viewing when we were already there and on the tape line. :(

For those of you that are party veterans, how should we handle the party? A plan of attack kind of thing. I thought about going to the trick or treat spots first, starting with the Adventureland ones and ending with the Futureworld ones. Then around 9:15 we could go get seats (hopefully) in the same spot we got seats last year for the afternoon MK parade, on the small stone wall along the walkway outside of Pecos Bills. That way we could sit and enjoy Hallowishes at 9:30 and then the Boo to You parade at 10:30. Then we could go to the dance and mingle parties and ride a few rides until we leave. Am I missing something? Or should we do things in a different order?

When we went last year, we purchased tickets to 2 halloween parties. It was a good thing we did because our first party was overwhelming. The park attendance that day was small and all rides were a walk on. We were disappointed when triple the amount of people showed up for the party! Character photos were important to us and they use up a valuable amount of time. We used regular park time before the party to sit in line for 7 dwarves.We were still 12-20 people into the line and with the dwarves taking frequent potty breaks, it really but into our time. We spent so much time waiting for them that we had horrible seats for the parade and were disappointed about our 1st party night.

My recoomendation for the candy trails: They aren't a huge deal. They are all over the park and we would just walk through them as we made our way through the park . I wouldn't recommend doing them first and wasting time especially if you want character pictures.

The 2nd party we issued a better plan of attack. We were first in line for Mickey and Minnie and killed over an hr of regular park time to wait for them. We did the candy trails as wel traveled through the park, and I believe Pooh and friend's meet and greet opened a half hour later so we waited for them on Main Street.We then sat at the train station on Main street and waited for the fireworks and parade, which were back to back (kinda) Again we wasted something close to an hour of time waiting but it was well worth having great seats for both events. It wasn't much of a waste. I saved our seats as hubby ran to grab us dinner and then he saved the seats while i grabbed some halloween souvineers. Also, If you see something halloween party themed, buy it because they only have stuff with MNSSHP on it suring the actual party. Hope that helps! Have fun!

When we went last year, we purchased tickets to 2 halloween parties. It was a good thing we did because our first party was overwhelming. The park attendance that day was small and all rides were a walk on. We were disappointed when triple the amount of people showed up for the party! Character photos were important to us and they use up a valuable amount of time. We used regular park time before the party to sit in line for 7 dwarves.We were still 12-20 people into the line and with the dwarves taking frequent potty breaks, it really but into our time. We spent so much time waiting for them that we had horrible seats for the parade and were disappointed about our 1st party night.

My recoomendation for the candy trails: They aren't a huge deal. They are all over the park and we would just walk through them as we made our way through the park . I wouldn't recommend doing them first and wasting time especially if you want character pictures.

The 2nd party we issued a better plan of attack. We were first in line for Mickey and Minnie and killed over an hr of regular park time to wait for them. We did the candy trails as wel traveled through the park, and I believe Pooh and friend's meet and greet opened a half hour later so we waited for them on Main Street.We then sat at the train station on Main street and waited for the fireworks and parade, which were back to back (kinda) Again we wasted something close to an hour of time waiting but it was well worth having great seats for both events. It wasn't much of a waste. I saved our seats as hubby ran to grab us dinner and then he saved the seats while i grabbed some halloween souvineers. Also, If you see something halloween party themed, buy it because they only have stuff with MNSSHP on it suring the actual party. Hope that helps! Have fun!

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer that for me. It really helps. :) :wave:

Cosmic Commando

We used regular park time before the party to sit in line for 7 dwarves.We were still 12-20 people into the line and with the dwarves taking frequent potty breaks, it really but into our time.

Hmmm. Discouraging and enlightening at the same time. I just thought today that I could be ahead of the game by getting in line for the dwarfs right at 7. I guess I should have figured other people would think of that. :brick: How much time do you think you spent in line during normal hours to be at that point in line?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom