2010: Year of the Muppets?

TP2000

I went to Disneyland tonight with friends after dinner at Catal, and saw some of the Muppet filming. They were at the Harbour Galley where the Columbia parks and seemed to be panning the packed Fantasmic! viewing area and New Orleans Square.

This has me wondering if this really is maybe just a Disneyland specific campaign? They seem to have chosen some locations for filming that are exclusive to Disneyland. I don't know how you are going to disguise New Orleans Square and Fantasmic! taking place on the Rivers of America as anything but Disneyland in an advertisement. :eek:

Dumbo, you could maybe play off as only true Disney nerds (like me!) would be able to tell from the water fountains around the base and Casey Jr. Circus Train in the background that its Disneyland, but some of the other locations are quite clearly Disneyland-specific.

Disneyland Dumbo:
537930233_aaaf4acff3.jpg

Walt Disney World Dumbo:
3736835079_3d444d2307.jpg

But some of the rest of these park locations are going to be quite obviously Disneyland. Maybe someone thinks just by branding it Muppets Invade Disney Parks that no one will notice there's not a New Orleans Square in WDW?

EPCOT Explorer

I went to Disneyland tonight with friends after dinner at Catal, and saw some of the Muppet filming. They were at the Harbour Galley where the Columbia parks and seemed to be panning the packed Fantasmic! viewing area and New Orleans Square.

This has me wondering if this really is maybe just a Disneyland specific campaign? They seem to have chosen some locations for filming that are exclusive to Disneyland. I don't know how you are going to disguise New Orleans Square and Fantasmic! taking place on the Rivers of America as anything but Disneyland in an advertisement. :eek:

Dumbo, you could maybe play off as only true Disney nerds (like me!) would be able to tell from the water fountains around the base and Casey Jr. Circus Train in the background that its Disneyland, but some of the other locations are quite clearly Disneyland-specific.

Disneyland Dumbo:
537930233_aaaf4acff3.jpg

Walt Disney World Dumbo:
3736835079_3d444d2307.jpg

But some of the rest of these park locations are going to be quite obviously Disneyland. Maybe someone thinks just by branding it Muppets Invade Disney Parks that no one will notice there's not a New Orleans Square in WDW?

They do it for both of our XMas Commercials...:dazzle::lol:

matt88mph

Rowlf, out of respect for Henson has not been used after his death except only for non-speaking parts. Don't expect him to be in any ads, but I agree with the principle of your post.

Actually, in recent years, Rowlf has been getting larger and larger speaking parts, most recently playing a large role in the viral campaign leading up to A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. I can only hope that this means eventually Rowlf will return to full form (especially because I think that Bill Barretta does a fantastic job replicating Rowlf's voice and attitude).

Links for Rowlf sketches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgujnQsOsQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QGNvjyPntY

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Actually, in recent years, Rowlf has been getting larger and larger speaking parts, most recently playing a large role in the viral campaign leading up to A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa. I can only hope that this means eventually Rowlf will return to full form (especially because I think that Bill Barretta does a fantastic job replicating Rowlf's voice and attitude).

Had seen some of those viral ads before, but not this one. You're right he does do a good impersonation of Rowlf's voice.

Studios Fan

I like those Rowlf videos.

Disneyson 1

That's an interesting theory. But the locations of all of this filming this week doesn't support the theory.

The Muppets are being filmed all over Disneyland this week, not DCA. They haven't done any filming in DCA, only Disneyland and the iconic rides found there (Dumbo, Mark Twain, Matterhorn, etc.).

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a lamp is just a lamp. :D

Here's the gang at Midway Mania.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/121251-muppets-part-2010-promotion-7.html

By the way, haven't they done some commercials for things like Toy Story Midway Mania where they had the toys under traffic cones going into Disneyland Park (i.e. the railroad station and Main Street)?

sponono88

looks like we'll finally know what the Muppets will be up to next year

Sunday, Sept. 23 - D23 Expo

Special Muppets Presentation, 1:30 p.m. - The Muppets Studios takes you inside the Muppet world for an exclusive frog's-eye-view of what Kermit and Company have been up to in 2009 – and all the fun and mayhem they have planned for 2010 and beyond! Studio Theater

magic2me

looks like we'll finally know what the Muppets will be up to next year

Sunday, Sept. 23 - D23 Expo

Special Muppets Presentation, 1:30 p.m. - The Muppets Studios takes you inside the Muppet world for an exclusive frog's-eye-view of what Kermit and Company have been up to in 2009 – and all the fun and mayhem they have planned for 2010 and beyond! Studio Theater
I love the muppets. I am waiting for 9/23 for all of the announcements.

IlikeDW

I love the muppets. I am waiting for 9/23 for all of the announcements.

The date is 9/13, ten less days to wait.

from d23 site http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/expo-schedule.html
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2009
Time Event Space

11:00 a.m.
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Presentation Featuring John Lasseter
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter takes you behind the scenes of the upcoming films The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel, Toy Story 3 and more. Arena
1:00 p.m.
Muppets Presentation
An exclusive look at all things Muppets!
Walt Disney
Studios Theater
2:00 p.m.
A Magical Afternoon With the Cast of Wizards of Waverly Place
Disney Channel will present "A Magical Afternoon With the Cast of Wizards of Waverly Place", a fun-filled, must-see event for kids, tweens and families. On hand will be Selena Gomez, David Henrie, Jake T. Austin, Jennifer Stone, Maria Canals-Barrera and David DeLuise, along with executive producer Peter Murietta.
Arena
4:00 p.m.
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure Screening
Enjoy the latest enchanting adventure about our tempestuous Tink!
Walt Disney
Studios Theater
6:30 p.m.
Toy Story 3 Presentation
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Chief Creative OfficerJohn Lasseter tells us what you can expect from the eagerly awaited third installment about Buzz and the gang.
Walt Disney
Studios Theater
7:00 p.m.
Premieres of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in Disney Digital 3D™
Be the first to see these beloved films in 3D!
Walt Disney
Studios Theater

hardcard

The date is 9/13, ten less days to wait.

from d23 site http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/expo-schedule.html
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2009
Time Event Space

11:00 a.m.
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Presentation Featuring John Lasseter
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter takes you behind the scenes of the upcoming films The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel, Toy Story 3 and more. Arena
1:00 p.m.
Muppets Presentation
An exclusive look at all things Muppets!
Walt Disney
Studios Theater
2:00 p.m.
A Magical Afternoon With the Cast of Wizards of Waverly Place
Disney Channel will present "A Magical Afternoon With the Cast of Wizards of Waverly Place", a fun-filled, must-see event for kids, tweens and families. On hand will be Selena Gomez, David Henrie, Jake T. Austin, Jennifer Stone, Maria Canals-Barrera and David DeLuise, along with executive producer Peter Murietta.
Arena
4:00 p.m.
Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure Screening
Enjoy the latest enchanting adventure about our tempestuous Tink!
Walt Disney
Studios Theater
6:30 p.m.
Toy Story 3 Presentation
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Chief Creative OfficerJohn Lasseter tells us what you can expect from the eagerly awaited third installment about Buzz and the gang.
Walt Disney
Studios Theater
7:00 p.m.
Premieres of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in Disney Digital 3D™
Be the first to see these beloved films in 3D!
Walt Disney
Studios Theater

Just thinking.... might be a little much to ask my kids to sit through 2 3d movies back to back.. dunno, it may be fine.. but these aren't short iflms..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom