2010: Year of the Muppets?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Agreed, I would want to see more of the classic characters like Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Rowlf.

Rowlf, out of respect for Henson has not been used after his death except only for non-speaking parts. Don't expect him to be in any ads, but I agree with the principle of your post.

mitchk

Rowlf, out of respect for Henson has not been used after his death except only for non-speaking parts. Don't expect him to be in any ads, but I agree with the principle of your post.

I also agree with the post, and wasn't Rowlf based (or something like that) on Henson? If that's the case, I understand why he's hardly seen (I'm pretty sure the only place I saw him in Muppet Vision, is in a few posters)

EPCOT Explorer

Please ... Great Muppet Movie Ride .......Please
So much awesomeness. I know good ideas at WDI never die, but why did this have to!?

This may just be a Disneyland-specific campaign. Or at least, let's hope so if they don't have any filming planned for WDW property.

I can just imagine the howls of protest if a TV commercial for WDW showed Miss Piggy riding the Matterhorn Bobsleds, while Gonzo pilots a Submarine through the lagoon, and Kermit and Fozzie Bear explore the temple at Indiana Jones. :lol:

Unless some WDW insider with sources as good as Al Lutz and Miceage can give us the scoop on when the Muppets filming at WDW begins, I think it's best to just assume this is a Disneyland event meant for TV markets west of Denver.

:lol: I was thinking of that. Kinda like the WDW/DL XMas Commercials.:zipit:

brucie

that would be awesome!! More muppets at the studios would be great!! and less Stitch everywhere would be excellent

SGE worst ride ever!!

imagineer boy

It really is sad to see the muppet franchise so dead in the water. I really hope Disney uses them and brings them back into popularity soon.

spaceghost

Agreed, the Muppets are a collection of characters with various personalities. Stitch is one creating with only one characteristic begin used (his obnoxious one too). It would be much harder to tire of them, especially when they have a broader range of emotions to display (even more than the precious "fab five").

That begin siad, they could still screw it up by doing something like putting out way to much of that unfunny Pepe freak whom Jim Henson had nothing to do with.

Marni, for once I hope you've heard wrong and that there could be work done with them at WDW. Even if only for promotional reasons Disney should take advantage of the property they fought forever to get. Using them to promote thier newest film would also be a smart thing to do.

You've got me with pretty much everything except the unfunny Pepe statement. The original cast of characters is near and dear to my heart. But, he's the only post Jim Henson creation that I actually enjoy. He still cracks me up on a consistent basis, okaaaay?

Walt_Disney

I think if they do a new Muppet Movie it should be written in the style of Jim Henson and not any of that new crap. Also it should be filmed without any cgi. That's one of the worst parts of the newer Muppet movies is cgi is wayyyy over used.

I believe that next Walt Disney, Jim Henson was the greatest, most creative and most genius minded people ever and therefore they should respect him and keep things the way he started them.

WDW England

I love the muppets (even pepe!!!) and would love to see more muppet happenings in WDW, did anyone catch that studio DC on disney channel? i thought the muppets were brilliant in that! it really cried out for more muppet entertainment, they are quality!

Cmdr_Crimson

Sounds really interesting..The Muppets need more presence in DHS..Even tho Block Party bash is an okay parade.....I for one would like to see a Muppet Mania Parade invade the studios!!! Now that would be sweeeeeeet!

JEANYLASER

Sounds really interesting..The Muppets need more presence in DHS..Even tho Block Party bash is an okay parade.....I for one would like to see a Muppet Mania Parade invade the studios!!! Now that would be sweeeeeeet!
Yeah! I would Like to see Muppet Mania Parade That would be awesome and sweeeeeet too! And maybe Uncle Deadly will team up with the disney villains in Fantasmic!

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: Indeed. Hopefully this new movie gets them back in the lime light.

JEANYLASER

Yeah! I would Like to see Muppet Mania Parade That would be awesome and sweeeeeet too! And maybe Uncle Deadly will team up with those disney villains in Fantasmic that will be awesome to see Uncle Deadly and those Disney Villain Invade Mickey's mind!

j_dp456

This confuses me. Why would they do this? The whole reason why Jim got involved with Disney was so his characters could live on long after his death like Mickey did.:brick:

I hope this new movie is in the style of muppet treasure island or a muppet christmas carol. Those two movies are the best. I like when they use the muppets to tell a classic story. It needs to be done right though. Not like the muppet wizzard of oz. That was just cheesy.

j_dp456

I hope this new movie is in the style of muppet treasure island or a muppet christmas carol. Those two movies are the best. I like when they use the muppets to tell a classic story. It needs to be done right though. Not like the muppet wizzard of oz. That was just cheesy.

Especially with the god-awful acting of Ashanti

JEANYLASER

To update Fantasmic Maybe Uncle Deadly will team up with those disney villains in Fantasmic that will be awesome to see Uncle Deadly and those Disney Villain Invade Mickey's mind! What do you think?

Thrill Seeker

Please....... Great Muppet Movie Ride Please..... Too!

It ain't going to happen guys. TGMR is DHS's iconic attraction, and I am 99.9% sure they will not give it a Muppets overlay. Although I do have to admit, it could be hilarious if they did. Now a Muppets dark ride? I'd love to see that happen...

Thrill Seeker

The new Muppet movie is being penned by Jason Segal of Forgetting Sarah Marshall fame. He's a diehard Muppet fan, so I really don't see how it could get screwed up. He also wants a role in the movie, which could be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom