2008 Theme

mewantDisney

Original Poster
2006 - Happiest Celebration on Earth
2007 - Year of a Million Dreams

Does anybody have any idea on what 2008's theme could be?

speck76

2006 - Happiest Celebration on Earth
2007 - Year of a Million Dreams

Does anybody have any idea on what 2008's theme could be?

Most of the time, these marketing campaigns last 18 months or longer....

1991 - 1993 = Mickey's Surprise Celebration (20 yrs of WDW)
1996 - 1997 = Remember the Magic (25 yrs of WDW)
1998 - Magical Moments
1999-2000 = WDW Millenium Celebration
Late 2001-2003 = 100 years of Magic
2004 - 2005 = Magical Gatherings
5/5/2005 - 9/30/06 = Happiest Celebration on Earth
Late 2006 - 2007 = Year of a Million Dreams

Keep in mind the "theme" is no more than an elaborate marketing campaign to get more bodies into the park.

Since HCOE, there have not been any "resort-specific" campaigns....that is prior to that time, what was going on at DL was very different than at WDW.... (I assume) we will see less and less of this due to the cost of marketing (hundreds of millions of dollars) and the efficiency of creating one message to sell the concept of "Disney Parks"....

The backbone of YoaMD is creating individual experiances.....it is trying to answer "How do we give each of the 50,000 visitors to MK daily the feeling that they (individually) are the only guest that matters, and we are here to take give them a vacation experiance unique to them.?" IMO, Disney will continue on this road (creating individual experiances) with uses of new technology, and new activities (like the Kim Possible / Team Possible event that tested at Epcot last year) I would think that however Disney Parks market themselves next, it will be something related to "customized vacations"....

speck76

Magical Mortgages .... Disney will assist in helping you refinance your home so you can afford the vacation....

ToTBellHop

I'm sure Jay Rasulo has some stupid, meaningless celebration up his sleeves.

How about: "2008: The Year to Celebr8"

Props for the Jay-dawg.

LoriMistress

Well, in 2008 there will be Mickey's 80th Birthday. They might do something like that...or they might do a 25 year anniversery of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom