2008 Theme

askmike1

Year of spending the money on the parks instead of promotions?
Oh please, Disney is spending a mere $17m on GIVING STUFF AWAY.

I love how people complain that they want Disney to make new attractions and refurbishments, not realizing that Disney is doing both in addition to giving things away.

Attractions
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Dream Along with Mickey
Many small shows (family fun day parade, pirate tutorial, cowboy camp, pep rally, etc)

Refurbs (Enchancements)
Castle (paint, suite, etc)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Gran Fiesta
Living with the Land
Backlot Tour
Maelstrom

Refurbs (Cosmetic)
Splash Mountain
Many Adventures of Pooh
Japan
RnRC
Fantasmic
Speedway
Rose & Crown
Treehouse
Lotus Blossom

(Nevermind the major work going on at many resorts such as AKL, Contemp, GF, AS & SS nor the brand new Princess & Pirate parties)

Okay, so there were no $200m attractions this celebration. How often do those happen anyway? EE in 2006, MS in 2003. New attractions, new shows, many refurbishments, a Castle suite, a million free giveaways I don't get the complaints.

speck76

New attractions, new shows, many refurbishments, a Castle suite, a million free giveaways I don't get the complaints.

because the complaint is actually "they are not spending $200billion on ME....because it is all about ME!!!!"

unless it is a new rollercoaster with a 4,000 foot drop that goes 212mph yet is family friendly and includes at least 3,497 of the the most recent generation AA's that tell the complete story of Mary Poppins without leaving out any detail, people are going to compain....

bassman

how about
'the happiest celebration of a million dreams of magic'
:lol:
sorry terrible joke.
i love the 'magical wallet emptyings' one.a true classic.:ROFLOL:

DisneyMusician2

I think "The Year of STICTCH" has a nice ring to it. Stitch will be incorporated on ALL Disney rides. All Hidden Mickeys will be changes to hidden Stiches. STITCH SHALL DOMINATE ALL!!! (Could ANYTHING be worse that that?)

speck76

Is that a personal attack or a generalisation?

if you are taking it as a personal attack, then perhaps you need to be reminded that there are tens of thousands of other members here....

if you are taking it as a personal attack, you are proving my point....

wherewhy

because the complaint is actually "they are not spending $200billion on ME....because it is all about ME!!!!"

unless it is a new rollercoaster with a 4,000 foot drop that goes 212mph yet is family friendly and includes at least 3,497 of the the most recent generation AA's that tell the complete story of Mary Poppins without leaving out any detail, people are going to compain....

Hey, that doesn't sound half bad....:lookaroun

cooleo

I think "The Year of STICTCH" has a nice ring to it. Stitch will be incorporated on ALL Disney rides. All Hidden Mickeys will be changes to hidden Stiches. STITCH SHALL DOMINATE ALL!!! (Could ANYTHING be worse that that?)

You beat me to it. I was thinking it had to be something with STITCH. "STITCH'S WONDERFUL WORLD OF MAGIC", He has taken over everything else. Why not have his own celebration.:(

DonmoyerFamily

how about "Paint the World Red: Mickey marries Donald"

maybe since mickey is 80 all the ears on the hidden mickeys should sag a little. "droopy Mickeys"

or "what does Mickey what for his 80th birthday? Depends"
sorry that one was bad...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom