2007 Candlelight Processional Dinning Packages

wannab@dis

First off.. thanks for posting the information JP. As always, you bring us the most detailed and up to date information from the world of reservations and dining. :wave:

If what you say is fact then there is no reason to implement this new policy. If only a hand full of us eat after the show then let us continue that way.

Of all the times I've been to the CP... I can't tell you how many people showed up without having their badges and having to do a run up to guest services before they could dine or go into the theater. Sure, they messed up, but I bet the percentage of difficulties was more than the 20% that dined after the show. So, it appears they have attempted to fix a problem while trying to inconvienance the least number of people. It would be nice if they could have figured out a way to handle both groups and they may implement a change if enough people complain.

My suggestion is for everyone that normally dined afterwards to send an email/call Guest Services. There's plenty of time for them to come up with a change.

I didn't initially notice that gratuity isn't included in the price of the package this year.

Good catch.

Here's a comparison from last years costs as shown on AllEars...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tier 1
Adults - $30.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99 (plus tax)
[/FONT]
Tier 2
Adults - $38.99 / Child (3-9) - $12.99 (plus tax)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tier 3
Adults - $45.99 / Child (3-91) - $12.99 (plus tax)
[/FONT]

Looks like the costs of the dinners dropped a little, but overall including a tip now will be an increase.

Computer Magic

First off.. thanks for posting the information JP. As always, you bring us the most detailed and up to date information from the world of reservations and dining. :wave:

Of all the times I've been to the CP... I can't tell you how many people showed up without having their badges and having to do a run up to guest services before they could dine or go into the theater. Sure, they messed up, but I bet the percentage of difficulties was more than the 20% that dined after the show. So, it appears they have attempted to fix a problem while trying to inconvienance the least number of people. It would be nice if they could have figured out a way to handle both groups and they may implement a change if enough people complain.

My suggestion is for everyone that normally dined afterwards to send an email/call Guest Services. There's plenty of time for them to come up with a change.

Good catch.

Here's a comparison from last years costs as shown on AllEars...

Looks like the costs of the dinners dropped a little, but overall including a tip now will be an increase.
there are many options to fix the problem you mention. I really don't believe that was their focus. The same reason they raised prices by trying not to show a price increase. I don't fall for the corporate tricks, I've been around too long. I get tired of corporate thinking the consumers are stupid

Enderikari

there are many options to fix the problem you mention. I really don't believe that was their focus. The same reason they raised prices by trying not to show a price increase. I don't fall for the corporate tricks, I've been around too long. I get tired of corporate thinking the consumers are stupid

What a silly thing to say, do you ever stop to listen to yourself? If you don't like the terms and conditions, no one is holding a gun to your head to attend the Candlelight Processional... Nobody at the "EVIL CORPORATION" that is Disney is forcing any of the "Innocent" consumers to come to the parks.. People come to the parks, and enjoy the dining/entertainment because they want to, and because they think they are getting the entertainment that they are paying for...

The option that they chose is the option that the purveyor of said entertainment thinks will be the most beneficial, both in terms of the company and (in a service-based industry like the theme park industry) be the most beneficial for the guests... Does that mean some of the out-lying guests who follow a different thought structure than the majority may somehow, in some small way, be negatively affected? Unfortunately yes, but the "EVIL CORPORATION" does everything it can to make sure that their losses are minimized, while appealing to the largest possible audience.

What you call corporate tricks, is simply business... Corporations exist to make money and to fuel the economy.. Everything is not as one-sided as you have read on tin-foil hat covered internet sites.

Computer Magic

What a silly thing to say, do you ever stop to listen to yourself? If you don't like the terms and conditions, no one is holding a gun to your head to attend the Candlelight Processional... Nobody at the "EVIL CORPORATION" that is Disney is forcing any of the "Innocent" consumers to come to the parks.. People come to the parks, and enjoy the dining/entertainment because they want to, and because they think they are getting the entertainment that they are paying for...

The option that they chose is the option that the purveyor of said entertainment thinks will be the most beneficial, both in terms of the company and (in a service-based industry like the theme park industry) be the most beneficial for the guests... Does that mean some of the out-lying guests who follow a different thought structure than the majority may somehow, in some small way, be negatively affected? Unfortunately yes, but the "EVIL CORPORATION" does everything it can to make sure that their losses are minimized, while appealing to the largest possible audience.

What you call corporate tricks, is simply business... Corporations exist to make money and to fuel the economy.. Everything is not as one-sided as you have read on tin-foil hat covered internet sites.
Well I don't like you attitude there....and you are a Disney employee.....consider reported :wave:

Enderikari

Well I don't like you attitude there....and you are a Disney employee.....consider reported :wave:

Well, where do I start...
First - Ex-Castmember, and by my own volition, thank you very much....

Second - My "Attitude" is one of free and personal choice... If you find that you don't enjoy going to Disney World, or aren't getting what you think is worth the money you are spending, then, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why you would continue to go... I am semi-famous around here for saying that familiarity breeds contempt, and the more time you spend at WDW just grousing for the sake of grousing chips away at your own magical disposition. Will I be experiencing Candlelight Processional? Absolutely... I love the show and especially love all Christmas decorations around the Walt Disney World complex... But I won't be doing the Dinner package, its simply not worth it to me. If, by dining earlier than your Candlelight show makes it not worth it to you, I suggest not booking it, if its not going to make you happy... Instead Enjoy Candlelight from the same place I do, on a planter near the American Adventure... I can still hear the ceremony, and no line waiting needed.

On a third note, the variety of opinions on this board is what makes this fan board one of the best on the internet... Another reason it is one of the best on the internet is because some people who are on here work for the place we all love... I don't think it is good for the boards if some people are unable to seperate the cast member from the person... People are allowed to have opinions, and should be allowed to express them without fear of reprisal... I don't want to lose the information, or the discussions that stem from talking to cast members because they are scared to post for fear of their jobs.

Erika

JP, thank you for the information :wave:

Let's keep it civil in here. No need to turn an informative thread into somehing ugly.

gboiler1

Has anyone heard John O'Hurley narrate before? Our 2 options are he or Rita Moreno, and we're going w/O'Hurley. Any feedback?

Computer Magic

Well, where do I start...
First - Ex-Castmember, and by my own volition, thank you very much....

Second - My "Attitude" is one of free and personal choice... If you find that you don't enjoy going to Disney World, or aren't getting what you think is worth the money you are spending, then, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why you would continue to go... I am semi-famous around here for saying that familiarity breeds contempt, and the more time you spend at WDW just grousing for the sake of grousing chips away at your own magical disposition. Will I be experiencing Candlelight Processional? Absolutely... I love the show and especially love all Christmas decorations around the Walt Disney World complex... But I won't be doing the Dinner package, its simply not worth it to me. If, by dining earlier than your Candlelight show makes it not worth it to you, I suggest not booking it, if its not going to make you happy... Instead Enjoy Candlelight from the same place I do, on a planter near the American Adventure... I can still hear the ceremony, and no line waiting needed.

On a third note, the variety of opinions on this board is what makes this fan board one of the best on the internet... Another reason it is one of the best on the internet is because some people who are on here work for the place we all love... I don't think it is good for the boards if some people are unable to seperate the cast member from the person... People are allowed to have opinions, and should be allowed to express them without fear of reprisal... I don't want to lose the information, or the discussions that stem from talking to cast members because they are scared to post for fear of their jobs.
If you want to debate business ethics and integrity, we can do it in another thread or though PM’s. We can even compare our credentials and reasons for our opinions,

and you made some good points in that post.

Enderikari

If you want to debate business ethics and integrity, we can do it in another thread or though PM’s. We can even compare our credentials and reasons for our opinions, but I won’t stand for personnel attacks. I'll let the mods take care of that. :wave:

How about we both realize that we opinions are always going to differ, and there are no way to prove either one of them. Both realize that personal attacks are no way to hold a civilized conversation... And go back to talking about how Awesome Walt Disney World is...?

Computer Magic

How about we both realize that we opinions are always going to differ, and there are no way to prove either one of them. Both realize that personal attacks are no way to hold a civilized conversation... And go back to talking about how Awesome Walt Disney World is...?
Fair enough. Disney is a awesome place, but we cannot forget it is a business to make money. As long as people are willing to pay the prices for the likes of CP, then the more Disney will push the envelope and increase prices until consumers say that's enough.

Enderikari

Exactly right... Its a pendulum that can never quite reach equilibrium... Eventually, if people stop paying, Disney will either reduce prices or provide more for the money that the guest is paying. Believe me, I do expect to see that sometime in the future. But, for right now, I really do feel the prices I pay at Disney are fair... And if it means I don't feel some of it is worth it (one of the few restaraunts I have never eaten at is Victoria and Alberts... just not worth it to me) then I don't do it... And lots of people may feel that way about Candlelight... Mark my words, if it doesn't sell out, Disney will change policy next year.... But I expect it will

Computer Magic

Exactly right... Its a pendulum that can never quite reach equilibrium... Eventually, if people stop paying, Disney will either reduce prices or provide more for the money that the guest is paying. Believe me, I do expect to see that sometime in the future. But, for right now, I really do feel the prices I pay at Disney are fair... And if it means I don't feel some of it is worth it (one of the few restaraunts I have never eaten at is Victoria and Alberts... just not worth it to me) then I don't do it... And lots of people may feel that way about Candlelight... Mark my words, if it doesn't sell out, Disney will change policy next year.... But I expect it will
People want to see the show, but the package gets you in first. I would bet people are more interested in the show then the dinner. So will people pay for the package and be forced to the guidelines so they can be seated first? Time will tell. I wish I could see the statistics and analyze the data. I think I missed my calling.

MickeyTigg

If you don't like the terms and conditions, no one is holding a gun to your head to attend the Candlelight Processional... Nobody at the "EVIL CORPORATION" that is Disney is forcing any of the "Innocent" consumers to come to the parks.. People come to the parks, and enjoy the dining/entertainment because they want to, and because they think they are getting the entertainment that they are paying for....

See...this is the main point I don't like here...and it's the attitude of the people that thought this up too.

"Just shut up and go along....you're the minority. If you don't like it...don't go to the CP."

As I stated before...we never found the package pick up all that confusing. And judging from the number of badges we generally saw...it didn't appear to be too confusing for the majority of people. If you're staying on property...when you check in the CM seemed to make it very clear how and where to pick up the package. So, to me the "inconvenienced guests" are day guests or not staying on property.

So...you're asking us to just put up with being incovenienced...adding another Epcot day onto our trip or missing out on parts of Epcot, just so some people that aren't bright enough to figure out the procedure aren't inconvenienced?

Dagger

I don't even understand what the CP is. Oh well, of course we'll be there for Maureen McGovern. I think Kirk Cameron even would've been better 'cause IDK who she is :lol:

BeachClubVillas

Has anyone heard John O'Hurley narrate before? Our 2 options are he or Rita Moreno, and we're going w/O'Hurley. Any feedback?

I believe this is John O'Hurley's first year narrating. I bet he's going to be fabulous though. He has a great voice. I would definitely go with him. We miss him by one day. :( I'm excited about Rita Moreno though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom