2004 Walt Disney World Official Album -- Longest Yet!

General Grizz

Original Poster
The 2004 Official Album has just been finished by Walt Disney Records and its head, Mr. Randy Thornton!

Mr. Thornton said, "If all goes as planned, this will be the last time it will be a single disc!"

The 2004 Official Album will be the longest yet: 1:17:21!

I can't wait!!! :sohappy:

(No word on the release date yet. I'm assuming Octoberish. Also coming out this year from Walt Disney Records: a MARY POPPINS Special Edition CD set - with the background score!)

General Grizz

Original Poster
NemoRocks78 said:
:sohappy:

Any idea on what's on it?

Not sure, but I'd like to see a variety of new tracks. The last two have been nearly identical, so I'm sure Mr. Thornton has something up his sleeve. :)

MagicKingdomGuy

General Grizz said:
Not sure, but I'd like to see a variety of new tracks. The last two have been nearly identical, so I'm sure Mr. Thornton has something up his sleeve. :)

I hope so. It was a tradition (almost :animwink: ) to buy the album on every trip, but they seemed to fall off recently, since they were nearly identical.

This news is very exciting! :sohappy:

AllThatsJoey

Can someone post the track listing of the last two???
I always looked at them in the parks as I have the 97, 98, 99, 00, and 01 disks but never bought the last two because they only had like two or three new tracks. I just want to see which songs I'm missing. THANKS!

General Grizz

Original Poster
2002 Official Album
1. All Aboard!
2. Fortuosity
3. Friend Like Me
4. Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)
5. Bear Band Serenade
6. Splash Mountain Medley
7. Grim, Grinning Ghosts
8. It's A Small World
9. Mickey's The Mouse For Me
10. Seize The Future
11. There's A Great Big Beeautiful Tomorrow
12. Bright Little Star
13. Epcot Entrance Melody
14. Test Track Medley
15. Impressions De France
16. Golden Dream
17. Hooray For Hollywood
18. THE TWILIGHT ZONE Tower Of Terror Theme
19. The Tree Of Life Theme
20. Beauty And The Bees (Beauty And The Beast)
21. Fanatasy In The Sky

2003 Official Album
1. All Aboard! - Main Street Station
2. Friend Like Me - The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
3. Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me) - Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Bear Band Serenade - Country Bear Jamboree
5. Splash Mountain Medley - Splash Mountain
6. Grim, Grinning Ghosts - The Haunted Mansion
7. It's A Small World - It's A Small World
8. Epcot Entrance Medley - Future World
9. Test Track Medley - Test Track
10. Impressions de France - Impressions de France
11. Golden Dream - The American Adventure
12. Playhouse Disney Theme- Playhouse Disney: Live On Stage
13. Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast Stage Show
14. Part of Your World - Voyage of the Little Mermaid
15. Hooray For Hollywood - Hollywood Blvd.
16. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Theme - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
17. The Tree of Life Theme - The Tree of Life
18. Beauty and the Bees (Beauty and the Beast) - It's Tough To Be A Bug
19. It's Tough To Be A Bug - It's Tough To Be A Bug
20. Fantasy in the Sky - Magic Kingdom

General Grizz

Original Poster
They should be available through mail order and amazon.com. Release date is so far unknown. But based on the "track record" (no PUNS intended :p ) of releases, I'm guessing October.

KevinPage

I assume there will be alot of repeat tracks though, correct? These CD's are geared towards the tourist, not the hard core collector. So stuff like Splash Mountain, PoTC probably have to be on every disc. Or at least one would think :confused:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Randy has tried to mix the tourist and collector craze (as Randy himself is a theme park guru).

i.e. next year's Disneyland Official Album will have 6 discs with audio from the past!

Pioneer Hall

General Grizz said:
Randy has tried to mix the tourist and collector craze (as Randy himself is a theme park guru).

i.e. next year's Disneyland Official Album will have 6 discs with audio from the past!

I need that Disneyland album!! That sounds incredible!

prberk

I have no idea why they don't still sell the complete Country Bear Jamboree soundtrack. I have it on vinyl from the '70s, and it is a treasured item from my childhood, as is the Walt Disney World "Official Album" record (LP) that includes Lincoln's orginal speech from WDW's Hall of Presidents (and DL's Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln). That should be on the WDW albums still.

I personally would like to see a soundtrack issued for the American Adventure. The "Two Brothers" song in it (about the Civil War) is awesome, and I have no idea how to get a copy.

Jerm

At DL they changed over the Disneyland Forever to a new system that has all the old vinyl put on CD. I dont know if it is up for phone order, but I think Laughingplace.com's (not a plug for the site) has some of them. They have CBJ, Lincoln, and the Golden Horseshoe show. It is a great system for fans of the old stuff. I can't wait for the new park cd I have all the past ones and they do all have the same stuff.

J

Lee

Adventurer
General Grizz said:
next year's Disneyland Official Album will have 6 discs with audio from the past!

Weak.
I downloaded an unofficial 50th Anniversary Retrospective from the net...12 discs. Of course, it might be that Randy can squeeze more onto a disc......

General Grizz

Original Poster
12 CDs is a ton (even though I wouldn't mind 24!), but I think 6 is reasonable.

From the Walt Disney Art Classics Convention 2004:

Hodgkins asked if there was a release date for the Disneyland box set Thornton had mentioned. The anticipated date of release for the six CD set is May 5, 2005. Among the anticipated inclusions would be the first ever release of Adventure Thru Inner Space, assuming all licenses could be cleared, and performers paid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom