2004 Walt Disney World Official Album -- Longest Yet!

aimster

prberk said:
I have no idea why they don't still sell the complete Country Bear Jamboree soundtrack. I have it on vinyl from the '70s, and it is a treasured item from my childhood,

I have it too. I listened to it so much as a kid that today I know the whole show pretty much by heart!

I actually saw an "official" CD that Disneyland Records released of CBJ on ebay. No idea how real it was but it looked pretty good to me. If they had any brains they'd put it out again. I'd love to have this one on CD... although I kind of like hearing the crackles & pops heard on my vinyl. Brings backgood memories.

Lee

Adventurer
General Grizz said:
Among the anticipated inclusions would be the first ever release of Adventure Thru Inner Space, assuming all licenses could be cleared, and performers paid.

Yep, thats on the set I've got. 17 min. worth of Adventure Thru Inner Space.

It also has Critter/Bear Country area music, the complete, original Country Bear Jamroree, the Vacation show, and the Christmas Special.

That's the beauty of bootlegs...now worries about licenses. ;)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Lee - are you talking about CDs floating around by fans? If this is the case, is the original CBJ master stereo?

I own ATIS material, as well, but this is the first official release from Disney itself.

speck76

When I was a kid, I had the Haunted Mansion record, complete with Ron Howard....It is probably still in my parents house someplace.

Question...is the Impressions de France track the entire soundtrack, or just a bit of it. Also, I have seen a picture for an Impression de France, but I have been unable to locate this CD anywhere....

General Grizz

Original Poster
speck76 said:
When I was a kid, I had the Haunted Mansion record, complete with Ron Howard....It is probably still in my parents house someplace.

Question...is the Impressions de France track the entire soundtrack, or just a bit of it. Also, I have seen a picture for an Impression de France, but I have been unable to locate this CD anywhere....
What the crap? You made that up didn't you!?

General Grizz

Original Poster
Wow! Where did you find that (Impressions CD)?

I have some of the tracks, but to hear a complete master? Wow! I wonder when it was released.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Wow. Never seen that before.

My guess is they put on the complete tracks of what Buddy Baker pulled from to arrange the score, not the film audio itself.

speck76

General Grizz said:
Wow. Never seen that before.

My guess is they put on the complete tracks of what Buddy Baker pulled from to arrange the score, not the film audio itself.

That would be nice, it is very nice music.

xfkirsten

Lee said:
Weak.
I downloaded an unofficial 50th Anniversary Retrospective from the net...12 discs. Of course, it might be that Randy can squeeze more onto a disc......

As did I, but quite honestly, that 12-disc set showed signs that it was hastily slapped together. There were some bad edits, errors in tracks, etc. I would rather see Disney take their time and do a really high-quality 6 discs than turn it into 12 just for the quantity.

-Kirsten

Jerm

Dude!!!

OK guys 1. can someone point me to a good sever that I can get that 12 disc set off of. I don't work well with the sign on and do this and that and then turn to the west and jump up and down sites. But I would love for that set. 2. Were did the Impressions de France thing come from? Is it a fake or did Disney get the right idea and follow in the foot steps of TDL and put out CD's for everything?????

J

xfkirsten

Your best bet for theh 12-disc set is to request it on alt.binaries.multimedia.disney on the newsgroups. If you don't have newsgroup access, you can get it through the servers on #Disney-Central (instructions for logging into that are at http://www.wdwresorttv.com). But so far as I know, there is no website offering it that you can just download off the site.

And I don't believe that CD is legitimate. The master source quality copy of Impressions de France has been floating around the net for quite awhile now. I think someone is just burning it onto CD and made a nice case for it. I have never heard anything about Disney releasing it officially.

-Kirsten

Jerm

OK thanks for the help but that was so the bend over and clap your hands thing...I suck at that. I can find almost anything on the web in 2 secs but doing that stuff no can do. Can someone give me the idiots guide?

J

grandmath

The NEW Tracks revealed!!

Hey all, I have great news for you. I wrote to Randy and I got simple answers to all your questions. Here is the complete answer.

"The 2004 edition of the WDW Official album should be out in a matter of weeks. The artwork is in it's final phases before going off to be printed.

There are six new tracks. They are:

"Main Street Medley" - a recording of the Magic Kingdom's opening performance on Main Street
"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" - a musical ride-thru of the new attraction
"Destiny" - the exit song from Mission Space
"Star Tours" - the music from the attraction with a different intro than what appears on the Disneyland Official Album
"Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular" - the music from the stunt show
"Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" - with the fireworks show "Wishes" having it's own CD, I included this show soundtrack.

This edition is has the longest playing time of any official album we have released to date - clocking in at 1 hour 17 minutes 21 seconds. If all goes as planned, this will be the last edition that is a single disc. It is our intention to make the WDW album a 2 disc set, so that we may better represent all four parks."

:wave:

Jerm

Wow being up late pays off......that is great new. I really like the part about a matter of weeks. I will be there on July 17 (happy b-day D-land) so I would love to actually pick it up and not have to pay for the shipping and everything.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom