2 Weeks at Disney?!

Greeco

Original Poster
It doesn’t seem uncommon for families to spend 2 weeks or more at Disney. I am just curious for those of you that do this, are you spending the entire time on property? Do you mix in several “pool” days or take breaks from the parks?

My family just returned from an amazing 8 day trip and although we had a blast, we are all absolutely exhausted. As much as we love all things Disney, I honestly don’t think I could have handled another 6 plus days there (nor could my bank account).

Any tips or tricks to survive a 2 week Disney trip.

LauraRose

It doesn’t seem uncommon for families to spend 2 weeks or more at Disney. I am just curious for those of you that do this, are you spending the entire time on property? Do you mix in several “pool” days or take breaks from the parks?

My family just returned from an amazing 8 day trip and although we had a blast, we are all absolutely exhausted. As much as we love all things Disney, I honestly don’t think I could have handled another 6 plus days there (nor could my bank account).

Any tips or tricks to survive a 2 week Disney trip.

I’m on my 6th trip in May and have always gone for 2 weeks as we are from England. It’s perfect amount of time in fact I wish we could do 3. I have one shopping day and one water park day. We half mid day breaks and sometimes sleep in till around 10 and then go pool for a bit and start parks late. I know some people have way more breaks than me though. I like to spend as much time as possible in the parks.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There's a lot to do in Orlando. Disney is great. But, you'll enjoy venturing outside of the "world". Try Uni, I-Drive (it gets a bad rap from some...but I've always enjoyed the area south of Sand Lake)....Tampa is an hour (west) away, so Busch may be a nice escape. Sea World. Kennedy Space Center is an hour (east). Take a half day, full day, two days....and explore. (But..for what it's worth...all of those options won't make it any easier on the bank account)

Ricky Spanish

I have been going to Disney for about 30 years.
Started as a teenager.
Back then I couldn't afford long trips.
Then I met an awesome woman and got engaged in front of Cinderella castle.
We would go when we could.
Had a daughter, ran a successful business, and almost died.
Things changed and we decided to enjoy life.
We have been doing two week vacations at WDW for about the last 10 years.
We go the first week of June.
Always stay on property.
Never feel rushed to do anything.
Always have time to do everything we want to do.
It's the best.
And even after two weeks, we hate to leave.

CinderAbby

For my past few trips, we've been able to do 2 weeks and like the above poster, we hate to come home but we have to. We do have lives outside of Disney unfortunately. We don't do parks on our arrival or departure days and then we have two other days where we don't do the parks either. We'll sleep in, play mini golf, use the pool and play the pool games, go to other resorts for a meal and/or pin trading. In other words the days are as low key as we can make them being at Disney. It works out well for us and while we still come home tired, we haven't been coming home totally exhausted.

Figgy1

Premium Member
On our last trip we stayed 3 nights at SOG and then moved to a condo for the rest of the trip the first 16 days were spent doing things only Disney including the parks, resorts, water parks and outlet stores except for grabbing groceries but we did venture back to DTD, the outlets and a resort during the rest of out time in Orlando

Chef Mickey

I do 12 days pretty frequently and it’s still a drag to leave.

For the 12 days, I do WDW parks every day, basically 10am to close.

We don’t rush, so the trip is always enjoyable. Raining? Oh well, just take a little longer eating or looking in a store.

The best times at WDW are those you can take your time and soak it all in.

DisneyGigi

We used to stay 10-11 days, but now do 6-7, but go more often. Just finished a trip, 9-3- 9-10 and going back 11/25-12/1. We never leave Disney property. Been going 20 years and have never seen Universal or anything else. We are Disney Park people, stay onsite but don’t do the pools. Spend every day at the parks, chill at the resort at night, walking, but mostly go, go, go at the parks.

mmnw

For those of you that have pool days or days away from the parks, what kind of passes do you purchase? Or do you have Annual Passes?

Susan Savia

We’ve been doing 2 week Disney trips for a long time. Before that it was a week or 10 days and it just never seemed long enough. We usually do a park a day for the first four days then take a day off and go shopping, visit relatives in the area or visit the beach. We take our time, explore and enjoy. We are always at rope drop on the park days. We’ve been AP holders for many years.

The Pho

We've done some long trips before. The longest being 3.5 weeks. We did the parks open to close every day with some other stuff scattered about in the middle of the day. Boat rentals, water skiing, serious hidden mickey hunting, mini golf, etc. on that trip we did take a day to do Universal and another day to do Busch Gardens. To me being there and even not going into a park seems crazy. But I could also sit on Space Mountain and Dinosaur for the entire trip and never tire of them.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've done a couple of 14 day trips and we always just stay at WDW. We take things slow, and have longer naps and pool time. There are some nice dinners and time in lounges or meeting up with people we've met through these boards or even with friends that happen to be down there at the same time. With so many days there isn't any need to rush, it's nice.

JIMINYCR

Weve done it both ways. Usually we start off with the first week totally Disney parks. Then into the second week we throw in a day or two going off property doing something in the Orlando area or further out. Weve taken days for Uni, KSC, Medieval Times, Ripleys, Titanic, and other sites. Then there have been trips where we stayed the entire 2 weeks totally immersed in Disney. We arent lie by the pool people but we do both Mini golf courses, tours, HDD and other things to fill up the time. We are always planning enough to make full days and evenings. With 2 weeks we do take time to stroll around leisurely and dont stress if we dont get all we want in in a day. We are always up early, out late. Even with 2 full weeks we get to the end and think ... gee we wish we could have had more time here.

wdwfan22

We did 16 nights on property in August (8 nights at contemporary and 8 at Polynesian) Spent days at the pool and shopping in orlando. Slower pace as we don’t rush to do anything and always enjoy our time.

Bronson55

Have stayed many times for two weeks. One time we stayed 19 days. Always on property. We broke up the trip with relaxing pool days. As we get older and have done most everything many times we no longer need the extra days and now average 10 days. We never grew tired of the longer stays. Another driving factor to scale back now for us is the current costs , and excessive planning months in advance to do a fraction of what we used to do with little to no planning. Not a complaint, just a reality adjustment.

katieee

I am from England and have visited Disneyworld 15 times. We have stayed for 2 weeks all of those times except one christmas trip when we stayed for a week. Our last trip in May this year was with a 21 month old and I was 20 weeks pregnant 🙈 we had half a day one day by the pool. The rest of the days were disney park days and we were out 10-15 hours per day 🙊

Nottamus

We did a two week trip last fall, and planning another one next year.

We broke each day in two...morning at a park...then back to resort to re energize..nap, eat...then head back out for the evening.

It made the trip much easier on us. Also, with so much time, there’s a certain relaxation that makes it easier to accomplish everything you want to see and do.

Most of our trips are 7 days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom