2 Teeny observations - new receipts & no more free cheese sauce

MissM

Original Poster
Two really tiny observations I forgot to mention from last Saturday's trip. First off, all the receipts on property have the new "Disney Parks" logo. They're also the shiny, more plastic feeling paper you see sometimes. (The kind that always ends up totally fading within a month?) It's not the papery paper it used to be.

Looks like this:

wdw-oct06-receipt.jpg

Also, I was shocked and horrified to find there was no cheese sause at the topping bar in Cosmic Ray's. A big napkin bowl was covering the place the pumps used to be. I asked a CM if they were out for the evening or they had discontinued it. He said you had to get it from one of the counters now. I asked at the sandwhich counter (there was no line) and she said only the burger line has it and it's now a charge. There's no mention of it on the menu so I'm not sure how much you get or how much it costs.

This stinks because I know Love's not the only one who enjoyed a little cheese sauce with his his burger and fries. He only needed one small cup full and if it's anything like MGM, it'll be a bowl for like a buck something. Which (a) is kinda expensive just for some cheese sauce and (b) more than most people would ever need anyway. Just seems like a real bummer they aren't offering it anymore. I assume this means you can't get it free with your hot dog at Casey's Corner either. :( This to me, is like charging for a small cup of ketchup. It just adds a much higher cost than it's worth for something that was just a nice touch.

R.I.P. free-flowing cheese.
-m

lcsrig

I understand Disney getting healthy. BUT some of us are healthy all the time and want to splurge when we get to WDW. :veryconfu Kinda disappointed.

Also, I was shocked and horrified to find there was no cheese sause at the topping bar in Cosmic Ray's. ...and she said only the burger line has it and it's now a charge.

That stinks. The cheese sauce was awesome. Having that was a little bit of heaven on those fries. (and, yes, I'm being serious). RIP free cheese sauce, indeed....

The new Receipts fade because they are Thermal Printers instead of Ink they use heat to print out a image on the paper. Personally I hate them I like to have all my receipts not faded out when I get home so I can enter them in my checkbook after using my Debit Card. But as Technology goes everyones switching to the thremals to save money.

rudilantfury

Well I can understand this if the Cheese sauce was self serve. I don't know how many kids and adults I have seen at other places that offer "free flowing cheese" where they just pour on layers beyond layers in excess of cheese on nachos and hot dogs than they really need. Or just watch it get all over the machine and floor. I don't think it's a cheap condiment as much as ketchup and mustard are. They probably went through buckets of it at a time since people go CRAZY with the cheese. Some might even consider just the cheese itself in a bowl a snack, lol >.> Might have been a good decision. Many places these days charge for cheese. Movie Theater, Pretzel wagons, etc.

Glasgow

What is the World coming to when you can't get free cheese sauce?! lol

I am like one of the posters above though .. I eat healthy all the time so I like to 'splurge' on tasty morsels while at WDW. Three cheers for cheese

rainfully

I can only imagine how much more paper is wasted just by adding the logo... *sigh* (I remember the day at work when the computers went down for about 15 minutes when they were updating the system with the logo...)

And no cheese sauce?! :cry:

AliciaLuvzDizne

I can only imagine how much more paper is wasted just by adding the logo... *sigh* (I remember the day at work when the computers went down for about 15 minutes when they were updating the system with the logo...)

And no cheese sauce?! :cry:
you can still get cheese sauce at caseys...
and also at that quick service in future world (the name escapes me) though there, it is not on the toppings bar...you have to order it at the counter, but it is still free.
I cant see them charging you for cheese sauce at some locations but giving it to you free on the other side of the park, so I'm willing to bet that the cheese sauce is still free at Cosmic Rays, you just have to ask for it.

As for the paper of the receipts...its thermal, not ink

I got free cheese sauce the other week. I had been to Cosmic Ray's and noticed that there was no cheese on the condiment cart. So I asked a CM back there, and she said that because the restaurants are now offering Chili Cheese Fries and Dogs, the Cheese had been moved behind the counters.

With this new knowledge, I went over to Pecos Bill's and while ordering I asked for a side of cheese. The girl taking my order just said "Oh yeah, just ask for that at the counter and they'll get it for you." So I did, and voila! Free cheese sauce! Yay!

AliciaLuvzDizne

I got free cheese sauce the other week. I had been to Cosmic Ray's and noticed that there was no cheese on the condiment cart. So I asked a CM back there, and she said that because the restaurants are now offering Chili Cheese Fries and Dogs, the Cheese had been moved behind the counters.

With this new knowledge, I went over to Pecos Bill's and while ordering I asked for a side of cheese. The girl taking my order just said "Oh yeah, just ask for that at the counter and they'll get it for you." So I did, and voila! Free cheese sauce! Yay!
yep
still free

its a condoment...it would be like charging for ketchup
or salt

rileyspaw

That's it, I'm done with DISNEY!! You can close the 20,000 Leagues Under the SEA subs, replace Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and end CINDERELLABRATION but don't discontinue the cheese sauce at COSMIC RAY's!!:slurp:

Siege898

I noticed the absence of cheese sauce last week at Pecos Bills.
Its a sad world when you can't get the best burger in florida with a little cheese sauce.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom