2 Characters in the Same Place?

utrythinkinof1

Original Poster
This is something I have always wondered:

Have two Mickey Mouses or Minnie Mouses etc. every crossed the same path in a Disney park? How do they control that so you never see two of the same characters? Do they only allow one of each character in a park at once.

Rob562

It's usually simply a matter of one person relieving another after they come off-stage. The second one doesn't go out until the first one comes in. There's also a handler there helping out.

Then there's the Judge's Tent in Toontown Fair... There's actually up to 4 Mickeys all greeting people at the same time. But they're each in a different room, with a locked door that the CM working the front of the line unlocks to let people in. Only one door is ever opened at a time, and all the doors are around a corner from where Guests are in line, so you never realize that the people who went in 30 seconds before you actually went into a different door than you did. (Come to think of it, it's like the opposite of the effect on Indiana Jones at Disneyland...) ;)

And then when exiting, the walls are designed so that even if a family is walking past the exit door from YOUR room as you're exiting, they can't see in and see Mickey in YOUR room while having just left Mickey in THEIR room...

-Rob

WDWKat26

Usually if that does happen as well (which it has happened to me before), we usually just blame it on Jafar and his nasty magic ;)

Dippy Dawg

The closest thing to this happening that I have seen is during our last trip we went to the special characte meet and greet for Disney Visa card holders in Innoventions. The meet was with Mickey and Pluto. After our time was up we moved on to the Character Connection and wow there was Mickey and Pluto, it took us all of about 1 minute to make the trip and Mickey looked like he had been there for a while. The kids were surprised to say the least, we just told them it was a part of Disney "Magic".

Doing the single digit dance... 9 days to go until we go again!!!!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
This is one of those things that has happened before, and will probably happen again. It's usually due to a lack of communications within the department, but it happens to rarely that there's really no need to worry about it.

In my 5 years working for WDW Entertainment, I heard of this happening maybe 3 times, and I never actually witnessed it.

Personally, the funniest thing I've seen is when Minnie forgot to put on her tights in toontown... she has some hotttttttt tan legs :lol:

joanna71985

This is one of those things that has happened before, and will probably happen again. It's usually due to a lack of communications within the department, but it happens to rarely that there's really no need to worry about it.

In my 5 years working for WDW Entertainment, I heard of this happening maybe 3 times, and I never actually witnessed it.

Personally, the funniest thing I've seen is when Minnie forgot to put on her tights in toontown... she has some hotttttttt tan legs :lol:

:eek: Poor Minnie!:lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I'd looooove to see a picture of that! :lol:

rbrower

I don't think that I have ever seen this happen. It is usually scheduled so that this accident won't happen.

joanna71985

There is a schedule, but sometimes its not due to scheduling that it happens. I don't know how we weren't caught by guests during MVMCP. I think I would be suspicious if the same bear walked by 4 times. Luckily it was dark.

mpoppins76

This happened to me during my Chip n Dale days! Well...not to me, but to our Minnies. It was during a character lunch in The Land. They always had 2 of each character so there was always one out. We were supposed to "tag" in the hallway in the back to switch off. I guess Minnie #2 thought she tagged Minnie #1 when it was really Mickey she'd tagged. I was out visiting a table on the top row w/ Minnie #2 when out of the corner of my eye I see Minnie #1 on the lower level a few tables down! :eek: My heart stopped! I nudged the other Minnie quick and when she saw she went the other direction back to the hallway. I really don't think anyone noticed but it was pretty close. :dazzle:

MMP

The doors in the judges tent are not locked because that's considered a fire hazard so the room loaders have to keep a close eye on guests to make sure they don't open any doors or try to exit through the entrance.

Nick Ray

I have seen 2 Rafiki's at the same time, one in Adventureland at the Veranda, and one in Town Squair, you could stand around by Casey's and see them both, then I went and told someone and they didn't believe me! Thought that was kinda wierd!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have seen 2 Rafiki's at the same time, one in Adventureland at the Veranda, and one in Town Squair, you could stand around by Casey's and see them both, then I went and told someone and they didn't believe me! Thought that was kinda wierd!

What... that they didn't believe you ? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom