1986 - House of the Future (Week Five)

Chaos Cat

MaidMode.gif

> "Good evening, Masters! ❤️ I've taken the liberty of preparing a most marvelous feast for you all for making it this far!"
> "That is the reason I haven't responded yet and most definitely not because I was spending the day plotting Master @PerGron's murder for getting Nate eliminated."
> "On a completely unrelated note, Master @PerGron, I've made sure to include a super-special secret ingredient in your meal that I'm sure that you will love, so be sure to eat it whole!"
> ...
> Maid Mode 2.0 disengaged

So I'll assume we're doing the Ocean City Utopian theme, and I think (including Brer's Submarine ride) we have more than enough D & E-tickets.

Here's the list so far
Rides
- Horizons Successor- @Mickeynerd17 [D/E Ticket]
- Iron Man Ocean Rescue- @NigelChanning09 [E-Ticket]
- Inner Space Mountain- @D Hulk [E-Ticket]
- Living with the Land Successor- @PerGron [D-Ticket]
- Submarine Ride-
@Brer Panther [D-Ticket]

Dining-

Shopping-
Other-

Concept Art- @Outbound
> Assign Unit to Shopping
> Reasoning: Shopping is one of three subjects not covered by anyone yet. Other two subjects are Other - which Unit finds to be too vague to be comfortable taken - and Dining - which Unit does not possess enough culinary knowledge to do justice outside of Maid Mode, which is not designed for Imagineering.

(Sorry for the late reply. Notification system didn't tell me when I was mentioned in the thread, so I had no idea this thread was made until now. 😅)

NigelChanning

Here’s the story behind the Iron Man attraction. I’d love to hear y’all’s thoughts on this.

Tony Stark has invited us to take a tour of his recently opened ocean research lab after purchasing Sea Base Alpha. Guests walk through a lab where some of Tony’s new and old suits are on display. They can also mess around with Dum-E, who will follow their hand movements.

We then enter a Pre-show room where Tony Stark (in his suit) tells the guests about his new research laboratory and a Vibranium alloy that sustains plant life and ocean life within the entire area. The alarms go off and we discover that Justin Hammer has recruited Ulysses Klaue to steal the Vibranium. Justin Hammer calls Tony and says that he intends to create an army of unstoppable suits using the Vibranium. Tony Stark quickly mutes him and asks F.R.I.D.A.Y to continue the tour as he deals with Klaue.

F.R.I.D.A.Y ushers the guests into a room with some Arc Reactors on display as Happy Hogan appears on a screen. He says that Tony is in trouble and needs backup so he sends them into the boarding area to begin their adventure.

This is obviously a rough draft and there will be more detail but this is the basic idea. Thoughts?

Mickeynerd17

I don’t know how much you had your heart set on 8 or 14, but I think 15 is amazing!

Honestly, it’d be kinda neat to have our whole land soundtracks pick from this
That was my thinking. I thought all our themes were represented in here pretty well.

My logic with 8 and 14 was calling back to New Horizons, which was the name of the original Horizons soundtrack, also it sounded good, but ill give 15 another listen.

PerGron

Here’s the story behind the Iron Man attraction. I’d love to hear y’all’s thoughts on this.

Tony Stark has invited us to take a tour of his recently opened ocean research lab after purchasing Sea Base Alpha. Guests walk through a lab where some of Tony’s new and old suits are on display. They can also mess around with Dum-E, who will follow their hand movements.

We then enter a Pre-show room where Tony Stark (in his suit) tells the guests about his new research laboratory and a Vibranium alloy that sustains plant life and ocean life within the entire area. The alarms go off and we discover that Justin Hammer has recruited Ulysses Klaue to steal the Vibranium. Justin Hammer calls Tony and says that he intends to create an army of unstoppable suits using the Vibranium. Tony Stark quickly mutes him and asks F.R.I.D.A.Y to continue the tour as he deals with Klaue.

F.R.I.D.A.Y ushers the guests into a room with some Arc Reactors on display as Happy Hogan appears on a screen. He says that Tony is in trouble and needs backup so he sends them into the boarding area to begin their adventure.

This is obviously a rough draft and there will be more detail but this is the basic idea. Thoughts?
Sounds exciting! I wouldn’t go with SeaBase alpha though, I’d pick a new name, just for originality reasons

Outbound

Ok, I'm starting to compile our ideas into a very WIP map. I tried fitting every idea suggested so far and saw what happened... the result is a shockingly filled land! We have five main attractions (Iron Man, Submarines, Horizons, Living with the Land, and Innerspace Mountain) which I think is the perfect number, any more would be overkill. If we wanted to follow this symmetric pattern I developed, two flat rides could be added along the outside

Shopping and dining could be plotted along the outside of the land or within the Sea and Land Pavillions (which I imagine would be indoors like at FutureWorld).

Tomorrowland Green.jpg

If you have any other ideas, please let me know, again this is only the first day of the prompt, so I don't want to overreach and stop any creativity with this visualization.

Mickeynerd17

Ok, I'm starting to compile our ideas into a very WIP map. I tried fitting every idea suggested so far and saw what happened... the result is a shockingly filled land! We have five main attractions (Iron Man, Submarines, Horizons, Living with the Land, and Innerspace Mountain) which I think is the perfect number, any more would be overkill. If we wanted to follow this symmetric pattern I developed, two flat rides could be added along the outside

Shopping and dining could be plotted along the outside of the land or within the Sea and Land Pavillions (which I imagine would be indoors like at FutureWorld).

If you have any other ideas, please let me know, again this is only the first day of the prompt, so I don't want to overreach and stop any creativity with this visualization.
Absolutely beautiful.

As a note, I plan of making the original Horizons building shape with some mods/new paint scheme.

Also, the two curved "structures" in front of Horizons I'm imagining are going to be like Communicore in design?

Outbound

Absolutely beautiful.

As a note, I plan of making the original Horizons building shape with some mods/new paint scheme.

Also, the two curved "structures" in front of Horizons I'm imagining are going to be like Communicore in design?
I’d like to have everything be inspired by FutureWorld, but ideally with enough tweaks to at set it visually apart.

But I won’t mess with the structure too much. For Horizons I found a model on the warehouse I can import in, should let me easily modify things.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Usually I'd say going from prompt being posted to a map based on the literal first idea we posted in under 12 hours was going a bit too fast. BUT I'm totally on board here and it seems like everyone else is too! So, let's do it!

I'm not sure on the flat rides. I never thought I'd say this, but we might have enough flat rides in the park lol

I like this, but I'd say cut Hammer personally. Just have it be Klaue. He's underutilized in the MCU and a fun presence. Plus, if it is the same villain for both the pre-show and the ride you get more time with them instead of splitting it up. Of course, Hammer is a fun character, so I'm not gonna fight you either way lol.

Absolutely beautiful.

Maybe instead of an actual Communicore, the interactive exhibits could be spaced out throughout the land. Maybe have an edutainment "game" like Wilderness Explorers about getting stamps at every exhibit.

The 4 curved line things in the map could each be general Communicore/Innovention type exhibits. Plus one for each of the four rides. Maybe even one or two with the shops/dining area.

AceAstro

Also, I hate to be this guy but I think we have too many headliners.

Looking at real Tomorrowland’s, the most is 2 E-tickets with some smaller C-tickets. 4 E-tickets and maybe 2 flat rides feels like the opposite of how it should be.

PerGron

So I'll assume we're doing the Ocean City Utopian theme, and I think (including Brer's Submarine ride) we have more than enough D & E-tickets.

Here's the list so far
Rides
- Horizons Successor- @Mickeynerd17 [D/E Ticket]
- Iron Man Ocean Rescue- @NigelChanning09 [E-Ticket]
- Inner Space Mountain- @D Hulk [E-Ticket]
- Living with the Land Successor- @PerGron [D-Ticket]
- Submarine Ride-
@Brer Panther [D-Ticket]

Dining-
@AceAstro
Shopping-
@b-wolf95
Land Design- @PerGron @Mickeynerd17
Concept Art- @Outbound
So @Pi on my Cake and @DashHaber haven’t chosen anything yef

PerGron

Also, I hate to be this guy but I think we have too many headliners.

Looking at real Tomorrowland’s, the most is 2 E-tickets with some smaller C-tickets. 4 E-tickets and maybe 2 flat rides feels like the opposite of how it should be.
I do agree, but at the same time, making this a mini-Futureworld I think we could do these 4 anchors as mini-pavilions does fit the concept

AceAstro

I do agree, but at the same time, making this a mini-Futureworld I think we could do these 4 anchors as mini-pavilions does fit the concept
While I see where you’re coming from, Future World also works as a high E-ticket count land is because it’s half the park. Depending on the time, it has had 3-5 E-tickets as half the park. Not 3-5 as a fifth of the park here

Outbound

The way I see it:

Iron Man = Buzz Lightyear
Submarines = Finding Nemo
Innerspace Mt = Space Mt

So we’re really just swapping d-ticket simulator Star Tours for an e-ticket Horizons and d-ticket Living With the Land. That’s not as big of a difference as you might expect. Especially for Blue Sky.

If we had to cut something maybe the submarines just because of Atlantis. But we’re still in the brainstorming phase and that might be adapted to be unique enough to have both.

AceAstro

The way I see it:

Innerspace Mt = Space Mt

So we’re really just swapping d-ticket simulator Star Tours for an e-ticket Horizons and d-ticket Living With the Land. That’s not as big of a difference as you might expect. Especially for Blue Sky.

If we had to cut something maybe the submarines just because of Atlantis. But we’re still in the brainstorming phase and that might be adapted to be unique enough to have both.
That’s fair. I saw the Iron Man being talked about as a flying coaster so then there’s 3 of them. Plus whatever Land would become. And then an E-ticket Horizons. It just became bigger and bigger.

But even just “smaller” tickets of these plans and everything makes me less concerned about scale

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The way I see it:

Innerspace Mt = Space Mt

Yeah, but Iron Man was being talked about as Flight of Passage or Flying Coast inspired. Both of which would be solid E-Tickets instead of the C-Ticket that Buzz is.

Plus, subs weren't on the map, so that makes it 5 D/E-Tickets instead of 4.

Mickeynerd17

The way I see it:

Innerspace Mt = Space Mt

Exactly,

Even though Horizons was a frickin BEAST of a pavilion, it was still an omnimover, so I would not exactly count it as an E, same with Living With The Land, which in that case we're not building the entire Land Pavilion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom