1986: An Imagineering Competition - HYPE THREAD

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
319.png

I absolutely cannot believe that someone at Disneyland photoshopped a cartoon monkey into a frame from 1951's the African Queen and then hung that photo in Bengal Barbecue! That is freaking hilarious to me lol. They couldn't just leave it at making their boat a Jungle Cruise boat or just added in a human S.E.A. member. Nope. Cartoon monkey next to Humphrey Boggart and Katherine Hepburn lol

NateD1226

Hey everyone! The first task is up on The Proposals! Here's the link in case anyone wants to join in :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Definitely agree!!

The only thing that kinda annoyed me was The Child’s name. Like Grogu??? I’m pretty sure it will grow on me, but it caught me off guard lol
I kinda liked the name 😅

When it started and I saw the white lightsabers I was like...okay, this is going to be good. I'm really interested in the lore now, they tied in Clone Wars, Vader, etc without mentioning it but I'm now very interested to see who these Jedi are she thinks will come for Grogu. Um...Luke Skywalker?

NateD1226

I kinda liked the name 😅

When it started and I saw the white lightsabers I was like...okay, this is going to be good. I'm really interested in the lore now, they tied in Clone Wars, Vader, etc without mentioning it but I'm now very interested to see who these Jedi are she thinks will come for Grogu. Um...Luke Skywalker?
They certainly have me intrigued! Dave Filoni really did an amazing job directing and writing this episode. I can definitely feel something big coming lmao

PerGron

Can we just take a moment and acknowledge how bad@$$ Rosario Dawson looked as Ashoka. Like wow.

View attachment 515959
Not to be too nitpicky, but I don't love the design, and I totally think it's all because her lekku are shorter than they should be for someone 30 years older than her Clone Wars appearance. Like, her lekku are longer in the last season of Clone Wars then they are here and even though that's such a non-issue, it stood out to me for whatever reason haha.

NateD1226

Not to be too nitpicky, but I don't love the design, and I totally think it's all because her lekku are shorter than they should be for someone 30 years older than her Clone Wars appearance. Like, her lekku are longer in the last season of Clone Wars then they are here and even though that's such a non-issue, it stood out to me for whatever reason haha.
Yeah I have seen a lot of people complaining about that on Twitter, but it didn't bother me too much. Plus, if the rumors are true of Ashoka getting a spin-off on Disney+, then I'm almost positive Dave Filoni will put a lot more effort into putting together her character in live-action form.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think that is probably just because them being too long would be unwieldy for a live action actress doing stunts. But I could be wrong.

Baby Yoda's name isn't bad or great. It's just odd having a name at all to me lol. Especially with it being revealed so casually mid-episode half way through a season. Almost makes me wonder why they kept the name a secret at all. Especially since in the hearts and minds of many of us he'll always be Baby Yoda now. But Grogu isn't a bad name.

I like that they are tying it more to the larger Star Wars Universe, but I hope we still have it seperate enough to feel like its own thing. I don't want to see Snoke or Luke or any big names from the movies showing up really. Ahsoka and Thrawn and Fett are about the upper limit in terms of how "big" of characters I want to see in my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom