1986: An Imagineering Competition - HYPE THREAD

DisneyManOne

Question of the Day
What is your favorite detail that makes Main Street feel like a lived-in world?​
The Main Street Trolley Show! When they perform, it feels like you stepped into The Music Man or Hello, Dolly! or , quite fittingly, Meet Me in St. Louis. And the fact that they change their costumes to match the changing seasons (generic multicolor for winter, Easter parade vibes for spring, red, white and blue for summer, changing leaf vibes for fall and red, white and green for Christmas) really is a neat touch.

The Main Street Citizens!

Though the land is so crowded you only see them rarely during slow times of the day (unless you work on Main Street in which case you see the Mayor, his wife, and his mistress the suffragette pretty often)
Well...you can't really see the Mayor anymore. He'll have been in that Magic Kingdom in the Sky now for three years come this Christmas Eve. But I've heard that that new City Council guy is quite swell.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Well...you can't really see the Mayor anymore. He'll have been in that Magic Kingdom in the Sky now for three years come this Christmas Eve. But I've heard that that new City Council guy is quite swell.
That's a shame, I had forgotten that. I only actually meant him in character, no backstage. But he was always so kind and energetic. Never once saw him with an off day

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Question of the Day
1600783794540.png

Does anyone have thoughts on the completed Castle of Magical Dreams?​

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Question of the Day
What is your favorite Main Street-style land?​
Mine is Paris's Main Street. As with most of Paris, it elevates and makes that small-town environment that much more elegant and beautiful. The gazebo in Town Square that perfectly frames the beautiful castle is such an amazing moment for entering the park.
Question of the Day
What is your favorite Main Street shop?​
I have so much nostalgia for Disneyland's Magic shop so it's that for me.
Question of the Day
What is your favorite detail that makes Main Street feel like a lived-in world?​
For me, it's the windows. They double as a tribute to the past while also giving a peak into the world beyond just what we see.
Question of the Day
View attachment 499452
Does anyone have thoughts on the completed Castle of Magical Dreams?​
I really like it. There's something just absolutely magical about how it fits into the mountain backdrop of the park. The addition fits the SBC base while also standing on its own in creating its own unique castle and there's some really beautiful added whimsy with the onion domes. It's ecclectic in design but still cohesive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom