1970's Walt Disney World photos.

Rob Galvin

My first post (I was searching on 70's photos of WDW). Sorry for the poor quality of the images, but I was a 14 year old kid with a Kodak Handle camera in 1976 taking these. I grabbed the better of the shots and did my best at post-cleanup of the scans. I don't have the negatives, so these are scans of my original shots from '77.

I don't know anyone in these photos (maybe you'll see yourselves?). ;)

WDW_77003 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77002 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77001 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77011 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77010 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77008 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77006 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77005 by TheGalv, on Flickr

WDW_77004 by TheGalv, on Flickr

Rob

Rob Galvin

I had used the "insert/edit image" option, then pasted in the entire BB code...but, it just showed me the broken link and the working link(non image). Oh, well...thanks! :)

PS - I cleaned up my original entry, if you want to remove your edited post with my repeats.

Rob

Goofyernmost

1977 Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Fantasyland

197710DWFAntasyland2.jpg
Only ONE stroller in sight!! And its not obnoxiously huge, either!

You have to remember that we were terribly mean and cruel parents...we made our kids flex the occasional muscle and walk.;)

Tigger#1

Missing pictures is the worst thing about old or long running threads. All the pictures Are great it's cool to see how so many things have remained the same but others have changed so much. The attention to detail was great back then but I guess it was a trade off for all the new things that came along later.

ExtinctJenn

I love the picture above of Chip... I had forgotten how much they've actually improved the character costumes over time. That "hood" at the back looks like a cape... it looks horrible! LOL

darinevans19

Wow these are some awesome pics it be nice to create a album were they can have a then and now be side to see some of the differences in the way stuff has changed over the years. but over all a well done love seeing all the old pix.

fauna

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going thru and reposting my pics that have disappeared - starting page 6. Hope you enjoy them!

rob0519

I'm going to have to look for some slides we took back in 1978 on our first trip. The next one wouldn't happen until 1996. In 1978 though, film and processing was expensive and we were young, broke and had no idea of what we doing or should be looking at when we were there, so I love these old pics too.

EvilQueen-T

You have to remember that we were terribly mean and cruel parents...we made our kids flex the occasional muscle and walk.;)

lol...as a wdw visitor since i was 5 in 1972 i will say a little for the stroller users of today in that walking at only a single park when you don't have 60+ minute ride wait times was a little easier back then compared to covering 4 parks and standing long wait times like we do today. i look at your pic and remember my last trip in April when it was wall to wall people in this same area...so different now (sigh).

Goofyernmost

lol...as a wdw visitor since i was 5 in 1972 i will say a little for the stroller users of today in that walking at only a single park when you don't have 60+ minute ride wait times was a little easier back then compared to covering 4 parks and standing long wait times like we do today. i look at your pic and remember my last trip in April when it was wall to wall people in this same area...so different now (sigh).
To some degree I agree, but it also carried into the 80's and the crowds were fairly large back then and the lines were reasonably long, but long none the less. With two parks, it still brought forth a huge amount of walking over a few days. A mile is a mile no matter what park or parks it is in.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom