1970's Walt Disney World photos.

EvilQueen-T

That is too funny! I love your story. Disney use to have a lot of topiaries along the road after you paid for parking. I guess it cost too much to keep them up. Of course back then there was only the Magic Kingdom and it was only about 5 or 6 years old.

we've been going since october of 1972 and still slip back into calling the magic kingdom "disney"...we still did it long after epcot opened, then it was epcot and disney lol. old habits die hard.

1DisneyDad

RicJeff.jpg

My brother and I late 70's.

EvilQueen-T

lol...those cars! my dad had an old 1970 buick centurion that looked like those cars. i'm 5 foot 9 and could completely lay across the back seat...wonder where all those big car parking spaces went? my little acura barely fits in there now!

Minnie1976

Awesome pic of the Contemporary! I love it! Such a great sense of a bygone era! :sohappy:

Is it me or does the Contemporary look more modern in that picture than it does now?
I agree the contemporary looked more modern in the beginning. It was the 1st place we stayed the 1st time we went in 1976. My husband didn't want to go the 1st time and now you can't keep him away. Our 1st trip in 1976 made us both Disney lovers. Wish I could have seen it in 1971.

righttrack

Awesome pic of the Contemporary! I love it! Such a great sense of a bygone era! :sohappy:

Is it me or does the Contemporary look more modern in that picture than it does now?

I was going to say that. Seeing it juxtaposed against those 70s cars, it surely does! My kids say it's "retro" today. I told them it was futuristic, and they say, yeah, for the 70s.

The Empress Lilly

I love your pictures! Thanks for posting them!

You do not need to post them in two different threads though, we'll find them just as easily if posted in just one.

Clamman73

scan0022.jpg

This was from our 1st trip and the monorail was shutdown because of some work being done inside the Contemporary. They were using the trams to get us from the Contemporary to the MK.

I was looking everywhere for a pic of the old orange colored trams, and there they are! Beep Beep. And we're clear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom