Politics 19 state legislators call on Newsom to reopen California theme parks - OCR/SCNG

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

TP2000

I don't think I would feel too safe on a dark ride, or really any sort of ride on a track. Imagine if the guy in the toad car in front of you was coughing up a storm and there was no way to avoid passing right thru his wake without bailing from the car. Yikes.

Imagine if you were going to Downtown Disney to social distance outdoors and you were driving on the Santa Ana Freeway at 70 mph and the lady in the Lexus ahead of you spilled her Frappucino on her new linen slacks and she said a bad word and tried to blot it up but didn't realize the minivan ahead of her began braking because the kid in the Scion cut him off and then the Lexus lady slammed on the brakes too late and you rear-ended her and the big Dodge pickup truck behind you slammed into you and you were killed. Yikes.

He's a reliable operations & history insider. Which also gets him some news & rumor tidbits occasionally. But yes, Disney itself is in the dark, so all bets on all insiders are off.

Agreed. I don't think any of the old rules or alliances apply in this situation. Disney's own senior executives are frustrated and battling Sacramento openly in the press. The entire situation is unprecedented.

Last edited:

westie

Who's going to join me for "STORM DISNEYLAND" on October 31, 2020? We're going to take over the park, ride all the rides and eat all the food. Basically act like an AP'er. Later we'll storm the hotels and those that survive will be tasked with taking over California Adventure Park the next day. Whose with me! Go! Go! Go!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Imagine if you were going to Downtown Disney to social distance outdoors and you were driving on the Santa Ana Freeway at 70 mph and the lady in the Lexus ahead of you spilled her Frappucino on her new linen slacks and she said a bad word and tried to blot it up but didn't realize the minivan ahead of her began braking because the kid in the Scion cut him off and then the Lexus lady slammed on the brakes too late and you rear-ended her and the big Dodge pickup truck behind you slammed into you and you were killed. Yikes.

Agreed. I don't think any of the old rules or alliances apply in this situation. Disney's own senior executives are frustrated and battling Sacramento openly in the press. The entire situation is unprecedented.
What flavor Frappucino? That's important.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Who's going to join me for "STORM DISNEYLAND" on October 31, 2020? We're going to take over the park, ride all the rides and eat all the food. Basically act like an AP'er. Later we'll storm the hotels and those that survive will be tasked with taking over California Adventure Park the next day. Whose with me! Go! Go! Go!
Tell ya what? you get started and we'll......join you later.

TP2000

Tell ya what? you get started and we'll......join you later.

Yeah westie, you go first. And take lots of pictures for the 'gram!

icc2515

Does your plan allow for trick-or-treating before the storming?

Figments Friend

I'm in.
Power to the people!
YASSSSSsssss....
( fist pump )

Booking my flight now....after just returning from the wilds of O-Town at midnight last night.
That's how a freak like me rolls.
MA quarenteen can shove it.

I need another ride on 'Tony's Mountain' ( aka - 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad )
The three I had last week just wasn't enough.

-

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>California Health and Human Services Secretary Mark Ghaly discussed the timeline for issuing theme park reopening guidelines on Tuesday, Sept. 29 during a virtual online news conference.

“We’re getting very close,” Ghaly said during the news conference.

California theme parks closed in mid-March and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.

“We’re working hard to get that out in a responsible way, as soon as possible, so planning can be done by both the counties that are homes to the theme parks, as well as the operators of those theme parks,” Ghaly said during the news conference. “We know that a number of Californians are eager and wondering when that is coming.”<<

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

>>California Health and Human Services Secretary Mark Ghaly discussed the timeline for issuing theme park reopening guidelines on Tuesday, Sept. 29 during a virtual online news conference.

“We’re getting very close,” Ghaly said during the news conference.

California theme parks closed in mid-March and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.

“We’re working hard to get that out in a responsible way, as soon as possible, so planning can be done by both the counties that are homes to the theme parks, as well as the operators of those theme parks,” Ghaly said during the news conference. “We know that a number of Californians are eager and wondering when that is coming.”<<
Such a line of B.S. If anyone believes that, I hsve ocean front propert to sell you in Arizona.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom